hobbies

hot crossed bondhot crossed bond at the barPosts: 181MI6 Agent
I like to paint...I don't know if you call it art...but it sold! a 16x20

IMG_20140405_174833.jpg
I'm motivated by my duty

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Congratulations, always nice to get paid.
    My Job is Photography and it's also my Hobby, I love HDR photography. Not everyone's cup of tea, But
    I like it. You take several exposures and blend them together to get a final print. Here's a few from around
    my local area.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    TP, great stuff!!!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    I enjoy writing non-fiction essays and articles on the James Bond phenomenon among other things. I have loads of ideas but unfortunately I'm not a very prolific author! I hope to change that this year though. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Like TP, my job is also my hobby. I'm a full-time musician.
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    Anyone who can make a living doing what they love is really blessed by god.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Anyone who can make a living doing what they love is really blessed by god.

Indeed they are - that certainly means a lot. Unfortunately I am not one of those lucky ones! :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    I like to paint...I don't know if you call it art...but it sold! a 16x20

IMG_20140405_174833.jpg

Nice work man!! After many years as a fine art student it's great to still love painting but I find it increasingly difficult to find the time now as I have two beautiful daughters (Identical twins, nearly two) who take up most of my time. I find it easier to channel my creative side into my other passion which is Photography. Most of my photos can be found on Instagram under @flightster.

I think this was my last piece

image.jpg
    Last rat standing.
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    {[] Congratulations, always nice to get paid.
    My Job is Photography and it's also my Hobby, I love HDR photography. Not everyone's cup of tea, But
    I like it. You take several exposures and blend them together to get a final print. Here's a few from around
    my local area.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

Great work TP!!
    I studied photography many years ago and I learned the whole dark room stuff but switched to a DSLR a few years back.
    I have a Canon 550d but I'm saving for the 5diii!
    I really need to learn Lightroom as love the aspect of post digital editing but I haven't got a clue!
    Any advice would be much appreciated!!
    If you fancy checking out my work it's on Instagram under @flightster @theoldsmoke and @legallybond
    I dabbled with HDR in some of my Germany shots I don't think at your standard but it was fun!!
    Last rat standing.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

And for one moment I thought that you are referring to drinking Scotch :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited February 2015
    Flighty, as far as photography goes, I may earn my living with a camera but
    I'm still leading every day too. ;) light room is a fantastic bit of softwear, I'm
    No expert with it, in fact I do very little to my images, apart from a little clean up
    And noise reduction. In fact I only use Photoshop elements, as I don't need the
    Full package.
    The canon 550d is a great camera, I got a bargin on a Canon eos M, and I now
    Use that for all my landscape work, as it's very small and light, and I'm very lazy. :D
    For HDR stuff, Photomattix is some great softwear, takes a bit of fooling around with
    Get the effects you want but it's very easy and not too expensive.
    I bought a load of ND filters as my next " learning curve" is daylight long exposures.
    I'll be using the canon eos M for that too, as with small lenses you can save money on
    filters etc as they can be very small.

Forgot to add Flighty, looked at your work. Bloody marvellous {[] you certainty
    Have an " Eye" for an image. -{ I'm that old that I remember doing several
    Courses on b/w photography, developing the film, then making prints in the
    Darkroom. It's still a magical thing to slowly see an image appear in front of
    You.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

And for one moment I thought that you are referring to drinking Scotch :D

No, I have a doctorate in that. Believe me, Mr Higgins, I could drink Scotch in Stuttgart and still create the proper effect. :))
    I do hope the proper effect, ends up all over his trainers ! :))
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I've done quite a bit of Skateboarding in my Time -{ But in the last few Years, it's been put on the Back burner. Traveling is also a Hobby of mine and the OH. We would both love to visit Peru one Day :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    You should be careful when mooning in Peru recently :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Mooning to the Sun God? :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Whatever you do, when going through Customs in Peru don't make
    The joke " I'm fine, apart from the crack in my bottom!" As they'll
    Have you in the inspection room in a flash ! ;)
    And how would you know that? :v :))
    I do it most weeks, I'm on first name terms with the officers now. ;)
  • hot crossed bondhot crossed bond at the barPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    thanks TP, Flighty...love your works! had a small private show last summer. sold a few...with 2 commissions. they are still in the works. still just a hobby at this point...I have 2 other jobs
    I'm motivated by my duty
    it's a start and who knows where it will lead ! {[]
    guess
    1392648354376.jpg
    I'm motivated by my duty
    Martini and Fag Lover? :))
    Martini and Fag Lover? :))
    good one :)) but I didn't ask about your evenings
    I'm motivated by my duty
    :))

I take it your not British?

Over here, it's a slang Term for Cigarette :))

I'm from Epsom mate... and it was funny...just a shot back ;)
    I'm motivated by my duty
    Sorry Mate, long Day at Work :)
    Sorry Mate, long Day at Work :)
    no problem here...I love to have a laugh! sorry about your day
    I'm motivated by my duty
    On the Subject of Hobbies, one of my other Interests is Whisky/Bourbon Collecting. Even though the OH complains about me wasting our Money on unnecessary Purchases :))
    On the Subject of Hobbies, one of my other Interests is Whisky/Bourbon Collecting. Even though the OH complains about me wasting our Money on unnecessary Purchases :))
    have a double on me :)) -{ -{ oh and it was vodka neat ;)
    I'm motivated by my duty

Over here, it's a slang Term for Cigarette :))

FAGS = For A Good Smoke. :)