^ Yep definitely an unconventional opinion on TMWTGG
    I therefore join the convention of the unconventional. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Bondage007 wrote:

How?
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Bondage007 wrote:

How?
    *whispers* you're supposed to dislike it... hate the song, crap on Barry's score, & make endless fun of Goodnight's character. Oh, and note that the slide whistle destroys the movie.
    ;)
    :)) Generally though, and I find it surprising (outside of personal opinion) that TMWTGG is neither overrated or underrated - I like how it sits within most fans' ratings.
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
    :)) Generally though, and I find it surprising (outside of personal opinion) that TMWTGG is neither overrated or underrated - I like how it sits within most fans' ratings.
    Here, yeah, it's not hated... on other sites it's regularly lambasted. :s
    B-) that's why I'm here!

"Better make that two."
    B-) that's why I'm here!
    I hear ya! :x
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    *whispers* you're supposed to dislike it... hate the song, crap on Barry's score, & make endless fun of Goodnight's character. Oh, and note that the slide whistle destroys the movie.
    ;)

TMWTGG ends up quite low on my rankings, but I like the song, Barry's score, and think the whistle is appropriate for the movie. This is a film with Pepper making jokes about pointy heads people, not FRWL v2!

It's Hamilton that kills the film for me, there's something about his films I don't like
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • Agent PurpleAgent Purple Posts: 857MI6 Agent
    Regarding Sir Lee (RIP), he really did rule at playing villains.

SW Ep. II is prob my least fave SW movie (not counting the animated Clone Wars movie, which I haven't seen), but Count Dooku was easily one of the best things in it.

Lee could make his villains likable, to the point that, if the hero wasn't good enough, you could like him more than the hero. He had a grand charm and screen presence that easily made him one of the best things in a movie. A shame I haven't seen that many movies with him.

Any thoughts on Saruman from LotR?
    "Hostile takeovers. Shall we?"
    New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
    Bond actors to be re-ranked later
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I remember seeing an interview with Sir Lee where he said that he would probably not see the finished trilogy of LOTR or Star Wars as likely to be dead by then. Well he clearly surpassed his expectations.

I didn't like how they cut him out of the LOTR sequels however I never watched he extended editions apart from the Fellowship etc but thought it was odd how he was missing at the time
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,157MI6 Agent
    I don't wish to be pedantic but the correct term is actually Sir Christopher :)
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sadly when you die, you stop being a knight :#
    I've given up waiting for mine. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,157MI6 Agent
    Arise, Sir Thunderpussy for services to AJB
    Now break the champers out -{
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    I love that scene when Bond interrogates Lazar, such a great moment.
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)

Yes! -{ It really is!

It's got humour, suspense and Moore really demonstrates some power with his persuasive suaveness.

"L-a-zar, I was told...Senor Lazar?" Barry's score is awesome here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q-wdaxsAac

"Better make that two."

Yes! -{ It really is!

It's got humour, suspense and Moore really demonstrates some power with his persuasive suaveness.
    Moore at his finest. -{
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Something I just now noticed:

Moments before Scaramanga's death, he looks right at the 007 statue and the fingertips are clearly missing. Then Scaramanga emerges from behind the purple rock and the statue is shown again from a similar angle, but the fingers are back! I realize movies are full of continuity errors, but considering the importance of this moment to the plot I would expect the filmmakers to get it right.

Also, Mary Goodnight is not in focus during her retort about not being one of Bond's passing fancies.
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Firemass wrote:

Moments before Scaramanga's death, he looks right at the 007 statue and the fingertips are clearly missing. Then Scaramanga emerges from behind the purple rock and the statue is shown again from a similar angle, but the fingers are back! I realize movies are full of continuity errors, but considering the importance of this moment to the plot I would expect the filmmakers to get it right.
    Dude, I watched it just now because I couldn't remember a continuity error of that magnitude. He looks at the statue with no fingers, then Nic Nack plays with his buttons creating distracting noises giving Bond TIME & AUDITORY COVER to move the statue & don the jacket. That's all. No error there. :D
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Firemass wrote:

I always noticed that, but I thought it was meant to be that way. Isn't the purpose of that to show that the mannequin has changed?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, I always thought it was a clue to the audience. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Yes, I always thought it was a clue to the audience. ;)

The way I understood it was Nic Nack could not locate Bond on any of the cameras, because the switch had already been made.

Otherwise, Bond would have to move the statue and change clothes within like 10 feet of Scaramanga without him noticing. Plus, Scaramanga was peeking around the side of the rock.

Then again, we all saw how quickly Roger changed into the clown costume in OP so anything is possible!
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Firemass wrote:
    Plus, Scaramanga was peeking around the side of the rock.
    Look again- when Nic Nack is pushing buttons Scaramanga looks off to his right (while Bond pulls the switch to his left).
    Scaramanga could well become my fave Bond Villain.
    He's my favourite.

There's something about his performance. He's essentially lonely and resentful of how Bond does it for "queen and country" - he tries to tease Bond about it, and in the end, he fails.

I enjoy the wine comments around the table too.

"He always did love that mausoleum, put him in it!"

"Better make that two."
    Gotta love the score for this film.

Thoughts on the Lulu song for the TS?

I like it, but there's a live version I enjoyed even more.
  • am747am747 Posts: 720MI6 Agent
    Gotta love the score for this film.

The score is just brilliant -{
  • am747am747 Posts: 720MI6 Agent
    The special feature on BR -> Double-O-Stuntmen is worth checking out too
    "A water pistol?"
    He has a powerful weaponnnn
    He charges a million aaaa shot
    An assassin who's second to nonne
    The man with the golden guuuuunnnn
    Moore was so good in this movie.