Spyfest (Goulburn, Australia) (Featuring George Lazenby)

ausbondfanausbondfan Posts: 61MI6 Agent
Hey everyone, just thought I'd share this event that is coming up for all of the Australian Bond fans out there. It's pretty uncommon that Australia gets anything cool like this so enjoy:
Calling all Special Agents, Undercover Operatives & Intelligence Officers to Goulburn!
Inspired by Australia's ONLY James Bond, born in Goulburn, Goulburn will become the Epicentre of Espionage from Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th of September 2015. While we were inspired by James Bond, we want to celebrate all things SPY! This includes Austin Powers, Jason Bourne, Maxwell Smart & Spy Kids - just to name a few!
SPYfest is the only festival in the WORLD to celebrate the Spy genre.
Events for SPYfest include: Street Parade, Bond Cars, Bond Girls, Crime Writers Q & A, Family Activities in the Park, Official Opening, Displays, Photographic Exhibition, Street Theatre, Show and Shine & our main event, our SPYfest Gala Dinner with Special Guests!

- http://www.spyfestgoulburn.com.au/

Goulburn is the birthplace of George Lazenby and they announced he'd be appearing this morning on their website and Facebook page. George will be opening the event on the Saturday and will allegedly be available for free autographs and photos.

Comments

• Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Mmm should I drive from Melbourne for this?
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • ausbondfanausbondfan Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Bondage007 wrote:

That's quite the drive.

I guess it depends on what you'd be attending for. I think the idea for George is for him to basically be apart of the parade, to officially open the ceremony, have him sign some autographs and take some photos and that's basically it. He'll be doing a dinner event on Saturday night as well but they're selling quite a few tickets for that so you probably won't actually be eating alongside George. If you're an autograph guy or want to see George up close this could be the event for you. If not, probably not worth the trip.

If you're a general spy genre fan though it's probably worth the trip. They've got a big street parade featuring tons of Bond/Spy related cars/characters and a Q and A with some Australian crime/spy writers.

Personally I'm travelling about 2 hours from Wollongong (South Coast NSW) to meet George and support the event. This could be really good for Australian Bond fans if they bring out a guest annually and keep building the event up.
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    ausbondfan wrote:
    Bondage007 wrote:

That's quite the drive.

I guess it depends on what you'd be attending for. I think the idea for George is for him to basically be apart of the parade, to officially open the ceremony, have him sign some autographs and take some photos and that's basically it. He'll be doing a dinner event on Saturday night as well but they're selling quite a few tickets for that so you probably won't actually be eating alongside George. If you're an autograph guy or want to see George up close this could be the event for you. If not, probably not worth the trip.

If you're a general spy genre fan though it's probably worth the trip. They've got a big street parade featuring tons of Bond/Spy related cars/characters and a Q and A with some Australian crime/spy writers.

Personally I'm travelling about 2 hours from Wollongong (South Coast NSW) to meet George and support the event. This could be really good for Australian Bond fans if they bring out a guest annually and keep building the event up.

Are you going with anyone? I don't want to be a loner lol. I've created a thread on CBn to see if anyone is interested, maybe could have a Aus Bond meet up
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP