Spectre Mr White jacket

Comments

• Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 419MI6 Agent
    If anyone wants to commission a reproduction, drop me a line. ;)
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    I think that every man and his dawg would like you to make this....
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    I think that every man and his dawg would like you to make this....

Agreed -{
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Definitely :)
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    I'm in. :)
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I'd be in for one, too!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    If anyone wants to commission a reproduction, drop me a line. ;)

XL for me please!
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    These would be made-to-order and made-to-measure, so if you'd like to commission one, send an e-mail to sales@magnolilcothiers.com to discuss the details.
    These would be made-to-order and made-to-measure, so if you'd like to commission one, send an e-mail to sales@magnolilcothiers.com to discuss the details.

How much?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Emsil sent

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    I think offering small, medium, large etc would attract more people.

I know I'd buy one if that were the case, to resolve the MTM sizing issues I've had in the past.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    MrEddy21 wrote:
    I think offering small, medium, large etc would attract more people.

I know I'd buy one if that were the case, to resolve the MTM sizing issues I've had in the past.

+1

I've had bad MTM experiences with Magnoli before as well. I've made those vocal here, but I would like to add, on a positive note, that the material and design of many of Indy's items are fantastic! I would definitely be in for one of these jackets if the sizing were standardized. I would vote for sizing such as IT46, 48, 50, 52, etc...

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Lee JohnLee John Beautiful British Columbia Posts: 90MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    It is 100% Dior...it could have been someone from Dior who is not in the 'know"....I have reached out to corporate and Dior Design, and no response back as of yet...

David, do you think with a nudge from the Bond fans that Dior would consider re-making this jacket? This is the one jacket I really had my eye on and I would love to get a hold of one.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Agreed... I understand the MTM angle with suits... but jackets and polos etc should just go with a common size range... Plus it would have to be easier on your end too... would be great if your Morocco jackets and this one were more simple to order
    Lee John wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    It is 100% Dior...it could have been someone from Dior who is not in the 'know"....I have reached out to corporate and Dior Design, and no response back as of yet...

David, do you think with a nudge from the Bond fans that Dior would consider re-making this jacket? This is the one jacket I really had my eye on and I would love to get a hold of one.

When they were available I believe they were going for around $5k. Don't know too many people here that can afford that. I say we look for replicas from our forum clothiers.
    The problems with ready-made sizes are many... but the main ones include a huge set-up costs (as we'd have to make hundred of jackets from the onset) and we are quickly running out of warehouse space! We started as almost exclusively a made-to-measure business, but we've been getting more and more ready-made items, so we're starting to bust at the seams.

If you're afraid of MTM, we can certainly still make a jacket to order using a standard set of measurements, that's not a problem.

As for price, I'll have to do some number crunching, but one of these would probably be around $495 (shipped).
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    $495 doesn't sound so bad but I'm torn between Indy's Mr White jacket and Dan (Silverfinger's) Solden jacket.... With only enough budget for maybe one of them.... :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • valkyrionvalkyrion Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    any thoughts indy for making solden jacket?
  • jbman54jbman54 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Is it possible to make an exact copy of the solden jacket using the original materials from loro piana and zippers where ever they from ?
    Yes, we'll be making the Solden Jacket as well. Made to measure, the price is $525 (shipped).
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Yes, we'll be making the Solden Jacket as well. Made to measure, the price is $525 (shipped).

Will it join the Mr White one join the rest of your collection on your site?
    Yes, as soon as we finish one, it'll go up on our site.
  • valkyrionvalkyrion Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Yes, as soon as we finish one, it'll go up on our site.
    Indy are you referring to mr white jacket or the Solden jacket?
    If it is about the Solden how soon will you finish one in order to be on your site?
    Looking forward to see one Solden jacket
    Both. ;) We'll probably be starting on a Solden Jacket in the next couple of weeks. No news on the White Jacket for now...
  • jbman54jbman54 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Indy, is it possible to make a replica of the solden ski trousers which are originally from TF?
    Yes, we can do the Ski Trousers as well. We've already got several styles of stirrup trousers, so that's no problem. Price would be $225 in 10oz wool blend or $275 in 10oz pure wool or 14oz wool/cashmere blend (shipping included).
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    For those of you looking for a hat, and have signed up to John Smedley Outlet:

https://www.johnsmedleyoutlet.com/mens-1/mens-accessories-1/list-in-black

How does this compare? Other colours available..
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    Has anyone had any updates on the Dior side of things? As I am temped with the wooyoungmi one but id like something with the zips on the sleeves.
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent

Well, I'd say midnight colour if at all. But this looks very small. Bond's beanie hat is a bit bigger, isn't it?
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent

Well, I'd say midnight colour if at all. But this looks very small. Bond's beanie hat is a bit bigger, isn't it?

The description calls it 'over-sized fit'. Plus it doesn't appear as though DC's SA hat has been turn over like the JS hat pic.

Regardless an excellent shout HC on a nice little piece for the price {[]