Spectre Mr White jacket

Comments

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    For those of you looking for a hat, and have signed up to John Smedley Outlet:

https://www.johnsmedleyoutlet.com/mens-1/mens-accessories-1/list-in-black

How does this compare? Other colours available..

Well, I'd say midnight colour if at all. But this looks very small. Bond's beanie hat is a bit bigger, isn't it?

The description calls it 'over-sized fit'. Plus it doesn't appear as though DC's SA hat has been turn over like the JS hat pic.

Regardless an excellent shout HC on a nice little piece for the price {[]

I thought (judging from the picture) that the over-size refers to the width, not the length. But you are right, one could wear it without the fold probably.
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    What's the closest jacket so far to the Dior one? Is it the Wooyoungmi?
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    They have a very similar one in Dior Selfriges actually. Same material, scar etc but not zip sleeves.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Yeah saw that one myself in Selfridges.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    Interesting, I may have to go and have a look. Any idea on the cost?
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    *** HEADS UP ALERT ***

The Dior outlet store at Bicester Village UK has FOUR (4) of the below pictured jacket in BLACK in- store. It is almost the same as the Mr. White jacket other than colour and a slight difference to the outer pockets I believe, which on the SA jacket was cut slightly different with only one popper.

And yes, that shearling collar comes off by zip. Original price was £2,000 UK.

Anyway I don't have £1,300 UK to buy one of these and they fortunately don't have my size. They do have the following sizes.

2x 42 inch chest
    1x 44 inch chest
    1x 46 inch chest

Telephone number for the store is 01869 323279 (00 44 replaces the first 0 if your calling into the UK)

Good luck!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry about the crappy phone pics and sideways posting!!

UPDATE - tried on a 42 inch chest (am normally a 40) and can say these are true to size, quilt padded inside and the store is open until 7pm tonight.
    Cool. Does it have zip up Sleeves,
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,117MI6 Agent
    Good work!! {[]
    Picture 3 shows zip-up sleeves.
    Typical a outlet with no mail order lol
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Funny enough I was thinking of popping in today, but didn't.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    All sold out now anyway :(
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

The power of ajb.

Glad someone jumped on them :)

Thing is, the staff said these were from the FW2014 collection. They had no clue of the Bond connection and didn't expect to get anymore of these.

I think the best thing to track them down now is to find other Dior Homme outlet stores. Bicester Village has sister outlets in France, Germany and Spain. Who knows, dig hard enough and some Navy ones of these might surface. Not sure if the code on that label will help.
    Fixed the pics :)

Will post over the SPECTRE wardrobe thread also as guess some people may miss Skippys discovery

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

FullSizeRender%204.jpg

FullSizeRender%205.jpg

FullSizeRender%206.jpg

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

FullSizeRender%207.jpg
    If someone can post the pic from this website - http://startfilm.ru/gallery/659070/#cadr - of DC in Mr. White's cabin with the crow flying at him, it appears to show I was mistaken on the pockets.

The Bicester Dior jacket looks to be the same, except for the colour way, as that pic shows the same pocket cut. The second pocket popper just does not appear to have caught the light, but it must be there.
    big_startfilmru1307499.jpg

big_startfilmru1307498.jpg

big_startfilmru1307496.jpg
  • rstvrstv Posts: 20MI6 Agent

I am SO MAD right now
    Since I identified the Dior Homme jacket 10 days ago after weeks of daily detective work, I have checked the forum maybe 15 times a day to see if there was any stock updates from anyone ... Except this afternoon (I was out on the site of the terrorist attacks in Paris, to show my compassion, I live there) and tonight I see your post (congrats skippy BTW) and I see they are out of stock :(:(:(:(

Guys if ANY of you bought the smallest size and read this, I am willing to buy it from you, insanely higher price than you paid ... LET ME KNOW

GRRRRRRRRRRR X-( X-( X-(
    Finger crossed
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Thats the way this collecting goes buddy. Chances are that ajb lurkers nabbed them. Sure Ebay will see one soon from a profiteer
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    I grabbed a 56 but have a feeling it might be like a tent!! 54 went quick
    welshboy78 wrote:

Yes they do size a bit big on this model. Dior homme team confirmed

Please guys if any of you hear about a 42 or 44 or 46 being available or sold anywhere please let me know
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    rstv wrote:

I am SO MAD right now
    Since I identified the Dior Homme jacket 10 days ago after weeks of daily detective work, I have checked the forum maybe 15 times a day to see if there was any stock updates from anyone ... Except this afternoon (I was out on the site of the terrorist attacks in Paris, to show my compassion, I live there) and tonight I see your post (congrats skippy BTW) and I see they are out of stock :(:(:(:(

Guys if ANY of you bought the smallest size and read this, I am willing to buy it from you, insanely higher price than you paid ... LET ME KNOW

GRRRRRRRRRRR X-( X-( X-(

Hey mate. I feel your frustration. But you saw these were black right? Not the navy in the movie...

Small consolation, I know. But keep persevering and you may still find the SA one
    Im sure the Navy will eventually surface.
    welshboy78 wrote:

P., at least a 56 can probably be tailored down. If I recall David's BR peacoat was reduced one or two sizes. I assume you had someone pick up the jacket for you or did you convince them to do mail order?

So, this jacket is the same but for color (forgive the spelling, I'm American :v ) and is only from FW 2014. This begs the question whether the Navy is from a different year, or if it was it a production sample.

rstv, check the European based Dior outlet stores. I wish you luck.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    At least we've seen the jacket in the wild now, albeit the wrong colour.
    welshboy78 wrote:

P., at least a 56 can probably be tailored down. If I recall David's BR peacoat was reduced one or two sizes. I assume you had someone pick up the jacket for you or did you convince them to do mail order?

So, this jacket is the same but for color (forgive the spelling, I'm American :v ) and is only from FW 2014. This begs the question whether the Navy is from a different year, or if it was it a production sample.

rstv, check the European based Dior outlet stores. I wish you luck.

Yes I dithered and the 54 went but I'm crazy with sizing anyhow (JV XL / Matchless XXL) so it really is a gamble what size I get. Figured best to go big anyhow as like you say can be nip tucked!! I had it sent to a friend in UK as they won't post outside UK

It looks the same to me except colour and possibly the two large pockets on the SA version only has a popper each (thats a bit weird having one popper to the side, so maybe its just poor angles from the stills)

I guess the big question is like you say - is the Navy a custom job / prototype or was it on sale? I never bothered corresponding with Dior since I know a lot of you lot had already sent emails - maybe somebody here has the answer. Did EON source them directly from Dior or a store etc etc
    edited November 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yes I dithered and the 54 went but I'm crazy with sizing anyhow (JV XL / Matchless XXL) so it really is a gamble what size I get. 

I know, you seem to get a lot of marvelous things that are my size. :D
    Navy definitely exists
    I just got a visual for the first time

image.jpg
    Cool - did you buy it?
    Would not have expected a black shearling collar.