Magnoli Spectre Polo: Navy & Sky Blue!

Comments

• spy009spy009 Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    I have one very nice , if you don't like form fitting shirts order a size larger
    hthomas wrote:
    I hope sizing will be standard S M L etc.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have this polo in an XL, as this is the largest size Magnoli does ?
    If so can you let me know fit and your chest size please? I'm a 47" chest and wonder if it will stretch without looking too small. I have a John Smedley Noah in indigo and its a comfortable fit - should have gone a size down for a more fitted look, just concerned that the Magnoli XL may be too fitted :)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    If so can you let me know fit and your chest size please? I'm a 47" chest and wonder if it will stretch without looking too small. I have a John Smedley Noah in indigo and its a comfortable fit - should have gone a size down for a more fitted look, just concerned that the Magnoli XL may be too fitted :)
    I have this in xl, I'm 6'4 44" chest and a 34-35" waist, and this shirt is a good fit on me without being too tight or too loose.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:
    I have this in xl, I'm 6'4 44" chest and a 34-35" waist, and this shirt is a good fit on me without being too tight or too loose.

Thanks for the info! Big help, will probably get one and can always use it for golf (can get away with loads of stuff on a golf course style wise :)) ) if it's not 100% right.
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Indy- when do you think the Sky blue and Silver polos will be ready to order?

Sky blue should be ready by late-April... no plans on the silver yet.

And yes, we ship anywhere in the world.

Indy,

Any chance you will be getting the Navy or Sky in XXL? I have the TF in a 56 and just measured and it is between 23 and 23.5 pit to pit and fits perfectly, so I'm gutted that I think your XL will be to small.
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 419MI6 Agent
    No plans on doing an XXL at the moment, but if there is enough demand for it, we may look at adding some to the next run.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

I am 6', 44" chest, 34" waist (except around Christmas time) and I have just received the XL polo from Magnoli. Fits like a dream. Very very pleased with it.
  • IA-SteveBIA-SteveB IowaPosts: 62MI6 Agent
    I just got one of these and I am really happy with it. Just to give an idea of fit, I am 5'4" with an athletic build and I ordered a Large. I am glad I did because a Medium (which I usually wear in polos) would have been too short and it would have ridden up above my belt with movement and I would have been constantly pulling it back down. It is just right in a Large.

I really do like just being able to throw it on and not worrying about tucking it in. It just looks smart.

I will be interested to see how it wears over time and washings.
    This is what mine looks like. My only complaint is that the fabric flaps in the V-neck don't stay tucked in. They always flop out so I left them alone because it was maddening always adjusting them. Other than that, bear in mind this is a Large and I am a short guy at 5'4, so you can see how short the overall length is. Definitely size up.

wp_1460726161388.jpg
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    IA-SteveB wrote:
    This is what mine looks like. My only complaint is that the fabric flaps in the V-neck don't stay tucked in. They always flop out so I left them alone because it was maddening always adjusting them. Other than that, bear in mind this is a Large and I am a short guy at 5'4, so you can see how short the overall length is. Definitely size up.

wp_1460726161388.jpg

You can pick up some cheap 2 sided fabric tap to hold those flaps in place; not a permanent solution but it will help:

http://www.amazon.com/Singer-Instant-Tape-4-Inch-15-Foot/dp/B00114RJ9Y/
    edited April 2016
    I gave up wearing mine because of the flaps. Oh well. :#

They will just not stay tucked in place!
    2016-04-22_1116.png
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

I sent you a PM about a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear back. It's regarding my Spectre Cocktail Shirt.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    IA-SteveB wrote:
    I gave up wearing mine because of the flaps. Oh well. :#

Perhaps there have been updates to the shirt to fix this issue?
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Agreed on the flapping collar issue.... It is a design issue that needs to be looked at.... Was considering getting some of that heat activated adhesive tape for clothing... but wanted to consult a tailor / seamstress first as I don't want to screw up the shirt... Had been hoping to pick up the sky blue polo, but was thinking it would have been closer in color to the OB sky color (more of a Dr. No tone) Not really digging the pictured tone of blue..
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    Not really digging the pictured tone of blue..

Yeah its not really Sky Blue
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    This is the closest color to the TF "Sky". We had a lighter blue available but it looked weak.

As for the "flapping" issue, we have addressed this with our pattern maker and the sky blue shirts have been adjusted accordingly. They haven't been field tested first (I find that it's the first lot of wear-wash-and-wear that really is the test).

Also, here is a story from a customer I thought you would enjoy reading:

I went to Las Vegas this past week and was walking down the Vegas strip when I saw a sign for a Tom Ford store. I had never been to a Tom Ford store before and seeing as how I was wearing your Spectre Polo Shirt at the time, I just had to compare yours to the real thing.

As soon as I walked into the store they recognized my shirt as one of theirs, before I even brought to attention to it. I asked to see their other Spectre items and they insisted that since I had the shirt in blue, I needed the same polo shirt in white and were trying to sell me on it ($960! Holy ****! LoL!) . I had forgotten that I was holding your Skyfall sunglasses in my hand, but the salesman recognized them as one of theirs and asked if I wanted to see their other styles they had in stock.

I thought the whole thing was humorous. I never let on that it wasn't purchased through Tom Ford. Just thought you would want to know that the even the Tom Ford salesmen are admires of your quality. So keep up the good work!

[EDIT: I love the profanity filter... it comes out sounding like a 1966 Batman quote!]
    They dont make it in white :))
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I picked up on that too!
    edited April 2016
    With regards the flapping collar/placket, I ironed mine down and put in a couple of tack stitches.... Worked a treat.
    I'd still like one of these in grey.
    Just ordered the "sky" blue, I like the colour and I already have a sunspel in pale sky blue. Let's see if indy can get it to the UK before my trip away in 10 days time.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    welshboy78 wrote:

oops :s
    edited April 2016
    I am going to take mine to a tailor today to see if anything can be done for the flaps. I don't really want to spend more for a fix but it is an otherwise nice polo. Just disappointed. I'll update the thread with my result in case there are other flappers out there.

Update:
    The tailor just said it was a bad cut and not much can be done. She tried to blind stitch it but it didn't work. :# I probably won't wear it anymore because the flapping is maddening. It's nice that the sky blue one is "fixed" but where does that leave people with the flappers?
    welshboy78 wrote:

Really?

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=37712173
    edited April 2016
    welshboy78 wrote:

Really?

Thats from quite a few seasons ago (Flannels stopped selling TF clothes just after Skyfall)
    welshboy78 wrote:

Really?

Never mind arguing with Welshboy indy. You should be busy shipping my polo shirt out! ;)
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Thats from quite a few seasons ago (Flannels stopped selling TF clothes just after Skyfall)

Which is a shame, they were selling it for around $490 USD...a lot better than TF's post Spectre price
    JTM wrote:
    Which is a shame, they were selling it for around $490 USD...a lot better than TF's post Spectre price

I picked up the sky blue one on eBay for 100 quid!! Pity it never fit, sold to a member here. Think identical to SPECTRE version except slightly diff material composition
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Never mind arguing with Welshboy indy. You should be busy shipping my polo shirt out! ;)

Sorry... back to work! -{
    Chriscoop wrote:

Sorry... back to work! -{
    -{