Things you expected during your first viewing that didn't happen...

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    77007 wrote:
    I was expecting Tracy errr, Madeline to get shot in the last 5 minutes of the movie. Either on the bridge or in the car.
    Now THAT never occurred to me while I was watching. Would have sucked though...
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Due to the leaks and rumours, I expected bond to say "We have all the time in the world" at the end, which didn't happen.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    77007 wrote:
    I was expecting Tracy errr, Madeline to get shot in the last 5 minutes of the movie. Either on the bridge or in the car.
    Now THAT never occurred to me while I was watching. Would have sucked though...

I wasn't thinking that. Odd that this is Craig's first Bond film where he comes out completely ahead at the end. The critics who hated Bond previous loved Craig because he always failed. Now they're giving the film bad reviews because they're jealous that Bond has finally won again.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Yeah, sorry guys, this film was not dark & depressing enough; it must be trite.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Expected the OHMSS theme, though I know in many trailers they have music that isn't played in the film (Goldeneye trailer action song :( ). I didn't hear any of Majesty's theme, did I miss it?

You expected Thomas Newman to use a theme? :)) Good one :))

You didn't miss it. I was right to not expect the OHMSS theme in the film.

Will the rehashed OHMSS theme from the SPECTRE trailer ever surface in its entirety?? I find myself humming that all the time and it was the highlight of the trailers and got me really pumped up for SPECTRE!! Didn't expect it to be used but would have been amazing if it surfaced during the plane / snow sequence
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    77007 wrote:

Interesting - I never thought this would happen either, had a gut feeling that we would have a happy ending since long overdue!
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I expected a good movie.
    sniperUK wrote:
    I expected a good movie.
    I know, right? And instead we got a great one. I was more than happy to be wrong there too! {[]
  • ArcticArsenalArcticArsenal Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    I was expecting Andrew Scott to be Blofled rather then Waltz (I know stupid of me)

I was expecting a all mighty showdown between Bond and Hinx at the end
    chrisisall wrote:
    sniperUK wrote:
    I expected a good movie.
    I know, right? And instead we got a great one. I was more than happy to be wrong there too! {[]

In my opinion, my wifes and most of my friends who have seen it the attitude is "meh" one of the worst, so many things wrong with it and we found it boring.
    Yeah I thought that might have occured also mainly as I thought he would be willing to become a regular Blofeld unlike Waltz
    sniperUK wrote:
    In my opinion, my wifes and most of my friends who have seen it the attitude is "meh" one of the worst, so many things wrong with it and we found it boring.
    :o

Dude, you accidentally thought Kingsman was the new Bond movie; go see SPECTRE! 8-)
    chrisisall wrote:
    sniperUK wrote:
    :o

Dude, you accidentally thought Kingsman was the new Bond movie; go see SPECTRE! 8-)

Never seen it, don't want to, SPECTRE is in my bottom five Bonds.
    sniperUK wrote:
    SPECTRE is in my bottom five Bonds.
    77749d1369787906-random-pictures-thread-only-rule-post-here-more-entertain-me-i-don%2527t-get-.jpg
    chrisisall wrote:
    sniperUK wrote:
    SPECTRE is in my bottom five Bonds.
    77749d1369787906-random-pictures-thread-only-rule-post-here-more-entertain-me-i-don%2527t-get-.jpg

Austin Frickin Powers, PPK with SAM 7 ammo, dumb and boring.
    sniperUK wrote:
    Austin Frickin Powers
    I think you're being a little superficial here...
    PPK with SAM 7 ammo
    So, a piece of lead travelling thousands of MPH couldn't POSSIBLY damage anything important in a helicopter motor is what you'r trying to get me to believe, right? :v
    dumb and boring.
    Well, that's personal opinion I guess. -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Things that I expected during my first viewing (of Spectre ) that didn't happen ,
    hmmmm ,well I expected the feeme chune by Sam Smith ,to be a lot better on the cinema surround Dolby encrypted super turbo charged speakers :D ,to win me over and sound good ,but no its still SH*T , :#
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Saunders009Saunders009 Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    I expected a boring movie. But I liked it alot. I really think this one sets up the Spectre organization to become a bigger antagonist to Bond in the future.

I'm stoked for 25 now
    chrisisall wrote:
    sniperUK wrote:
    Austin Frickin Powers
    I think you're being a little superficial here...
    PPK with SAM 7 ammo
    So, a piece of lead travelling thousands of MPH couldn't POSSIBLY damage anything important in a helicopter motor is what you'r trying to get me to believe, right? :v
    dumb and boring.
    Well, that's personal opinion I guess. -{

For me dumb and boring is what I found .
    At the range fired the round would be down to about 4-500 FPS ,not thousands of miles per hour , 750 mph at most on leaving the muzzle ,and probably wouldn't penetrate aircraft aluminium if it even could hit the target as bullet drop at that range from a 4 inch barrel would be about twenty- thirty feet, moronic, I have been in a car hit by something similar at closer range and NO penetration just a bullet shaped dent.
    The Blofeld family connection is the dumbest idea ever in a Bond movie. and is ripping off Goldmember .
    edited November 2015
    sniperUK wrote:
    probably wouldn't penetrate aircraft aluminium if it even could hit the target
    I seem to remember the bullets bouncing off the hull & the final one entering a side vent...
    Edit to add: Yeah, I just did some checking, I'm remembering that correctly.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    I have now seen Spectre twice, so my comments on the DB10 still stand. From what I could see, there was no need for Bond to ditch it in the Tiber! Hinx's jaguar was already damaged, he could have driven off and left him behind? So yeah, I definitely missed a Q gadget payoff there. Very anticlimactic.

Hinx - I thought Bond had tied the rope wrapped twice round Hinx's neck to the cable securing the beer kegs. Seems that is the case. So Hinx is either dead from his neck being snapped, strangled by the rope constriction, or if he survived, paralysed from the neck down to then die from dehydration. Yuck! But no further expectation as a result.
    I also feel it was also a mistake, Hinx should have been knocked off the train to later pursue Bond through the ruined MI6 building, only to come a cropper at detonation time. Jumping onto a second boat, but its sunk then buried in collapsing rubble. The one liner "Arches to ashes, Menace to Mausoleum."
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    chrisisall wrote:
    sniperUK wrote:
    probably wouldn't penetrate aircraft aluminium if it even could hit the target
    I seem to remember the bullets bouncing off the hull & the final one entering a side vent...
    Edit to add: Yeah, I just did some checking, I'm remembering that correctly.

And that is even more ridiculous :s by that stage the words FFS had left my lips more than a few times, bottom five along with AVTAK, OP, DAD, FYEO, even prefer QOS over it ,at least it was over quicker.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,554Chief of Staff
    I have now seen Spectre twice, so my comments on the DB10 still stand. From what I could see, there was no need for Bond to ditch it in the Tiber! Hinx's jaguar was already damaged, he could have driven off and left him behind? So yeah, I definitely missed a Q gadget payoff there. Very anticlimactic.

Wasn't it a dead end ?
    YNWA 97
    Yes M, as I said, very anticlimactic. (Looks confused.)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,554Chief of Staff

I don't think Bond could have turned the car around to drive back past him...
    YNWA 97
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

You're talking about it like the dead end was the only option the writers had.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    edited November 2015
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I saw only two ends possible there, Bond stops the car & jumps in the river (or climbs the embankment), or he engages an ejection device of some kind. As presented there was no possibility to turn around or back up effectively.
    It played out well, and like with the AM demise in TLD it bought Bond an escape. B-)
    Sorry M, just got that you meant Bond was driving to a literal dead end!
    However Matt raises a good counter point. The scene could have been written with a far more triumphant conclusion.

Q2 seems to agree when he mutters the car was a £3 million prototype! :))
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    I can tell you what i wanted to happen:

* Bond should've been trying to kill Mr. White in Mexico instead of Sciarra
    * The title sequence of dead enemies and allies - They remember Dominic Greene , but forget about Mathis??? It was really sad on his death and he deserved a mention more than Greene.
    * The funeral is for Mr. White, Bond meets his daughter Madeleine there instead of Lucia. There, I just saved the film 40 minutes. 40 more minutes really could've made the falling in love thing more believable.
    * Bond waits until the car chase is over to call Moneypenny. That was he can focus on the car chase, and it can actually be a battle on wheels rather than a boring chase. Maybe try to run each other off the road, etc...
    * Replace the 2-minute plane chase in the middle of the film with a 7 minute balls to the walls snowmobile chase! with submachine guns! and Madeleine holding onto the back of Bond for dear life!
    * Have Spectre actually accomplish something with their new surveilance they aquired, such as "oh, the surveilance feed shows they are transporting some nuclear warheads through the mediteranean sea! Lets steal them and hold the world for ransom" - just as an example.
    * Keep the rolls royce, keep the evil lair, keep the torture scene, have Blofeld be blown back out of his chair, but then replace the 20 second shootout with a full on YOLT or TSWLM style warzone finale! I wanted to see the classic Orange jumpsuits Vs. Black jumpsuits ! Yes, they could've made it work in new bond!
    * Instead of getting captured and screwing over the sequel (of making them have to come up with an elaborate escape plan for Blofeld from a maximum security prison), just cap off that war-zone finale with some sort of chase sequence with Bond and Blofeld, maybe a speed boat or jetski, or if you want to keep up with the saharan desert, then you could come up with something else, and have Blofeld get away.
    * and here's the big one: Have SPECTRE actually win the battle, but not the war! The universe of James Bond is thrust into a NWO of surveilance for the time being. It would've given so much more emotional weight to the story! For the villains to actually win for once!
    * Return to London for a mere 5 minute epilogue. Have C get arrested for treason, I don't need him falling off a building. Then have Bond and Madeleine drive off in the DB5, but Bond does not quit his job.
    Wow, that was detailed! :D
    Agree with a bit but not all.... very happy with it as is.