If only Mr. White had read Wikipedia (SPOILERS)...

I've seen Spectre a couple of times already and really enjoyed it, so this is by no means meant to bash the film. It is a Bond movie after all and suspension on disbelief is certainly required! But, I was curious of the effects of Thallium poising like Mr. White was suffering from so I did a little reading on Wikipedia:

"Thallium was once an effective murder weapon before its effects became understood, and an antidote (Prussian blue) discovered.[6] Indeed, thallium poisoning has been called the "poisoner's poison" since thallium is colorless, odorless and tasteless; its slow-acting, painful and wide-ranging symptoms are often suggestive of a host of other illnesses and conditions.[7]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thallium_poisoning

Prussian Blue Antidote
"Pharmaceutical-grade Prussian blue in particular is used for patients who have ingested thallium or radioactive caesium. According to the International Atomic Energy Agency, an adult male can eat at least 10 g of Prussian blue per day without serious harm. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has determined the '500-mg Prussian blue capsules, when manufactured under the conditions of an approved New Drug Application, can be found safe and effective therapy' in certain poisoning cases.[5]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_blue

If only Mr. White had done a quick Google search he and James could have gone after Blofeld Bond and Draco OHMSS style!
You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us

Comments

• ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    I think it makes sense because, if Mr. White knew he was being poisoned with Thalium he would've treated it with the antidote, but he didn't discover the Thalium until it was too late
  • am747am747 Posts: 720MI6 Agent
    From what I recall, White acquired Thallium from his cellphone .... However, your post talks about Prussian Blue being used for those who have "ingested" Thallium .... Could that be the difference?
  • Willard WhyteWillard Whyte Posts: 166MI6 Agent
    Why didn't his daughter treat him. ;)
    I smell a rat