Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Pics of mango belstaff alternative, really good jacket, thanks for the heads up canoe2 (though I've now got like 6 blue jackets 8-) )
    DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Yearh the pattern is very close as far as I can tell without having had the actual trousers in hand.
    And you are of course free to use all my posts. :-)
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:
    UNCLE27 wrote:

Nice! Do you think you could share it in the comments on the site? Here's a link to the post ...

http://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016/07/12/die-another-day-blue-floral-print-shirt/

Done! Feel free to add a picture.

Oh, UNCLE27, you found the Cuba shirt. Again, great find. I'm going to add it to my IC post as another option and I'll credit you with the find.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • MrIceGuyMrIceGuy AUSTRALIAPosts: 114MI6 Agent
    As promised i have posted some pictures of my alternative duffel. And i an happy to say i am pleased. The quality and the presentation are A1. Just a note i brought the smaller of the two sizes.
    20160715_105111.jpg

20160715_110656.jpg

20160715_110622.jpg
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Jacob Mortensen: thanks! I will get that post updated

Chriscoop: great! Again I will update the post.

MrIceGuy: I was waiting to post this as an alternative until you gave some feedback. Looks very nice (similar in style to a Floto bag I have). You okay if I use one or tow of your pics?

Quick question: is anyone else having problems with postimg.cc? My browser tells me I'm about to get hacked whenver I try to open a pic in a new tab. Having that problem with Chriscoop's and MrIceGuy's images.

Thanks all!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

Quick question: is anyone else having problems with postimg.cc? My browser tells me I'm about to get hacked whenver I try to open a pic in a new tab. Having that problem with Chriscoop's and MrIceGuy's images.

Thanks all!

Yes! I am having the same problem. The security certificate must not be current. You can view if you use the url without the "https" but it's a pain to do so, especially on my phone.
    Yeah go for it. And am getting same problems with picts
    canoe2 wrote:
    Jacob Mortensen: thanks! I will get that post updated

Chriscoop: great! Again I will update the post.

MrIceGuy: I was waiting to post this as an alternative until you gave some feedback. Looks very nice (similar in style to a Floto bag I have). You okay if I use one or tow of your pics?

Thanks all!
    Royal jacket, agnelle gloves and addidas 5 pocket pants. Time resistance duffel
    20160715_182811.jpg
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    MrIceGuy wrote:
    20160715_182811.jpg
    And a bloody big ship -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Loving the look and that bag MrIceGuy.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    MrIceGuy: the bag with your pics has been added to the BC Travel Bag post. And I added your pic with the Royale jacket to the Gallery. Thanks!

Chriscoop: Your pics and feedback have been added to the Belstaff post. Appreciate it!

Jacob Mortensen: I've added your comments to the Neil Barrett trouser post. Greatly appreciated!

Llafyks: I added the pic you sent me to the Gallery. Great work!

I'm doing that article-clean-up thing I try to do every couple of months to keep things relevant. So I should have some updated posts coming over the next couple of days.

General Plan: Your thoughts?

I'll be back to the new posts early next week. Anyone looking for anything in particular? I have a review of the Spier & Mackay polo coming up, a post on tan colored linen suit alternatives, I'm going to try a watch post on options for Lazenby's Rolex, as well as the usual Bond under $50, Best of the Month, and 4 Ways to Wear It posts.

Some other things I was thinking about doing:

- a monthly post on the best finds on Ebay

- I have a friend who is a personal trainer, so I was going to try working with him for a series of articles on Bond fitness. If any experts on here want to contribute, you'd be more than welcome!

- I also had fun writing that Father's Day article, and I am thinking about building on that for a series of articles on developing our Bond-like skills (learning new languages, martial arts, wine tasting, playing poker, etc.). Again, any experts here are welcome to participate!

- I would also like to branch out a little and look at alternatives from other movies/actors. I'm a dedicated Bond fan, but it can get a little dull when I'm looking for options for another N.Peal sweater. So this is more about giving myself a bit of a break every once and while to keep things from getting stale. I was thinking about the MI movies, The Man from UNCLE (old show and new movie), Bourne, McQueen, etc. Any suggestions?

-Lastly, I'm speaking with some MTM suit makers for an article like the one on MTM shirts. That article didn't seem to get a lot of traction. Is this something that interests folks?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, ideas and suggestions! Always appreciate the support from the great community here!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    MrIceGuy wrote:
    20160715_182811.jpg

The Royale jacket looks really nice on you.
    Hope you like it.
    Thanks again for this easy and pleasant transaction!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Canoe2, can I just say (on behalf of many of us, I'm sure) that we admire and are grateful for your hard work and creativity in coming up with one of the best Bond resources on the net.

Please keep it up, I really look forward to your posts both here and on your fantastic website. {[]
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Here's my take on the Morocco outfit as mentioned in canoe2's post above.
    The shirt does have a left cuff, honest, must have caught on my watch!
    Jacket: Magliani
    Shirt: M&S cocktail cuff
    Belt: Ghughes newer chestnut one
    Tie: TF (thanks to Simon and Ross)
    Pants: SA BC chinos
    Shoes: Aldo's; thanks to Meesta Bawnd (with new laces)

I've got a pair of TF Henry's but it was too dull to put them on for photo :)

image.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:

image.jpg

Looks fantastic! The right colour trousers make a big difference. All of the examples with grey trousers look really off to me.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:

image.jpg

Looks really good, what laces did you use in the Aldos as replacements?
    Took advice from a post on here from Stefan and went with TZ laces on e-bay - light brown/tan flat 140cm length, I think, can't remember exactly.
    Tennyson wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

image.jpg

Looks really good, what laces did you use in the Aldos as replacements?
    edited July 2016
    Thanks, Charmed & Dangerous. I appreciate it!

For those of you in the U.S., Union Made Goods is having a 40% off sale right now. They've got some Orlebar Brown, Sunspel, Converse Jack Purcells (CR recovery scene, not OTRs obviously), and Save Khaki stuff in the sale. Not everything is Bond accurate, but it may be worth checking it out. Here are some links to help you with some of the more Bond/Craig related stuff:

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/orlebar-brown-felix-pique-polo-in-navy/

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/orlebar-brown-bulldog-mid-length-swim-short-in-dive-blue/

http://unionmadegoods.com/brands/sunspel/

http://unionmadegoods.com/brands/save-khaki/

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/converse-jack-purcell-jack-ox-in-white/

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/orlebar-brown-malone-relaxed-fit-shirt-in-white/

Just note that the UMG site makes you go through an "I'm not a robot" test before you can access it. Have a great weekend!

P.S. If anyone is looking for a non-clothing, non-prop distraction this weekend, good luck with this. I found the link in an Dappered article:

http://www.whosampled.com/six-degrees/
    The pleasure was all mine. Thanks again loving it!!!
    Commandant wrote:
    MrIceGuy wrote:
    20160715_182811.jpg

The Royale jacket looks really nice on you.
    Hope you like it.
    Thanks again for this easy and pleasant transaction!
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

- I would also like to branch out a little and look at alternatives from other movies/actors. I'm a dedicated Bond fan, but it can get a little dull when I'm looking for options for another N.Peal sweater. So this is more about giving myself a bit of a break every once and while to keep things from getting stale. I was thinking about the MI movies, The Man from UNCLE (old show and new movie), Bourne, McQueen, etc. Any suggestions?

If you do this (and I'm not saying I'm against it) it would be good to have it separated from the Bond stuff e.g. by categories etc., because I think there are a lot of purists for whom it would be a distraction to have those other posts mixed up in the more visual "blog" style of the website. I would enjoy some branching out, but would find it important to have an easy way to reference solely the Bond stuff. Your suggestions sound good though, esp. Steve McQueen. I was thinking perhaps also The Night Manager (but then it was a short mini series and he seems to always wear his favorite Henley shirts anyway :))
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
    canoe2 wrote:

If you do this (and I'm not saying I'm against it) it would be good to have it separated from the Bond stuff e.g. by categories etc., because I think there are a lot of purists for whom it would be a distraction to have those other posts mixed up in the more visual "blog" style of the website. I would enjoy some branching out, but would find it important to have an easy way to reference solely the Bond stuff. Your suggestions sound good though, esp. Steve McQueen. I was thinking perhaps also The Night Manager (but then it was a short mini series and he seems to always wear his favorite Henley shirts anyway :))

Thanks for the feedback! I already have a section on the site for Style Icons, so that's where the non-Bond posts would go. Right now I only have DC articles there. And these posts would be secondary to the Bond stuff, maybe only 1 or 2 a month. But I'm thinking that McQueen would be a good place to start since his style in some films and IRL was such an influence on DC and his Bond films.

Haven't seen The Night Manager yet. I really liked the book, but I'll have to wait until the seriesvshows up on Netflix.
    Thanks Matt! I was lucky enough to pick up the chinos at a very good price some time ago and agree they make all the difference :D
    Matt S wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

image.jpg

Looks fantastic! The right colour trousers make a big difference. All of the examples with grey trousers look really off to me.
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Just a heads up for anyone, I bought the Lands End sweater as an alternative to the N. Peal Cable Roll Neck Sweater as it appeared in here a week or two ago. It went right back in the box and I am sending it back. It fit fine and pulled off the look, but was terribly uncomfortable with how itchy it was.
    coaram94: sorry to hear that about the LE sweater. I will update the post with your feedback (warning). Although I doubt that sweater is going to be available for much longer.

New post: affordable alternatives for Lazenby's Rolex 6238

http://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016/07/18/ohmss-rolex-chronograph-ref-6238/
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    No worries! I would have never known if I didn't order and it did definitely pull off the look... Maybe I will just have to bite the bullet and get the real N. Peal :v
  • explore007explore007 Posts: 195MI6 Agent
    Morocco outfit in the wild at a recent celebration event:

Gagliaridi jacket - it is more brown in real life than these pics
    M&S Made to order shirt - cocktail cuffs
    M&S Tie alternative
    Aldo's with swapped laces
    Dents belt alternative
    M&S sunglasses
    Dockers heather brown chinos
    Orient Mako watch - blue face - its there honest!

IMG_1588.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Nice work, explore007! -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,519Chief of Staff
    explore007 wrote:
    Morocco outfit in the wild at a recent celebration event:

Gagliaridi jacket - it is more brown in real life than these pics
    M&S Made to order shirt - cocktail cuffs
    M&S Tie alternative
    Aldo's with swapped laces
    Dents belt alternative
    M&S sunglasses
    Dockers heather brown chinos
    Orient Mako watch - blue face - its there honest!

IMG_1588.jpg

Excellent -{
    YNWA 97
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Looks good -{
    Great work explore007! Any problem if I include the pic in the Gallery?