Firefox vs Safari

Hoping someone here can assist with this:

I'm a MAC user (ya, I know, STFU) and normally rely on Safari for 'net access.

Safari has gotten buggy so I'm finally relenting and doing what everyone has been telling me to do for ages: Switching to Firefox.

Trouble is, for whatever reason, I can't log into this site using Firefox: Even though I'm absolutely certain I'm using the correct ID and PW (work on Safari just fine), I get an error message stating one or the other is wrong.

Anyone else experience this? Any idea what the fix is? (Yes, I've cleared the cache, thanks.)

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Urggh....that's a tough one...I use Firefox on my PC and safari on my mobile...both work fine with no issues at all...sorry I can't be of more help :#
    YNWA 97
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    I'm not PC savvy but I was myself advised to clear the cache in situations such as this. I hope that helps a bit.
    Err sorry I just read your last sentence?! ;% I was also told that using notepad or similar to write the PW & user name then copy/paste both into the relevant fields also works. Perhaps that might be worth a try?
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Hi Fellow MAC user -{
    Might be worth running Disk Utility and 'Repair Disk Permissions' plus 'Verify Disk'.
    What OS are you running?
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,647MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    I'm sorry I can't help - mine is an ordinary PC and I use Google Chrome as Internet Explorer is crap.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Hoping someone here can assist with this:

I'm a MAC user (ya, I know, STFU) and normally rely on Safari for 'net access.

Safari has gotten buggy so I'm finally relenting and doing what everyone has been telling me to do for ages: Switching to Firefox.

Trouble is, for whatever reason, I can't log into this site using Firefox: Even though I'm absolutely certain I'm using the correct ID and PW (work on Safari just fine), I get an error message stating one or the other is wrong.

Anyone else experience this? Any idea what the fix is? (Yes, I've cleared the cache, thanks.)

I use Firefox and have no issues with this site. Good luck!
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Mac User here and have no issues logging in with FF

FF: 41.0.2
    OS-X 10.10.4
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    @PMJB.
    Maybe you can remove/(uninstall) FF and install again?

Should then work.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Err sorry I just read your last sentence?! ;% I was also told that using notepad or similar to write the PW & user name then copy/paste both into the relevant fields also works. Perhaps that might be worth a try?

I'm a PC user too, however I did once have a similar sounding problem on a different website using a different browser and I had to do exactly what Stag has suggested: write the PW and user name in Word (in my case, but notepad etc would likely be the same) and cut and paste it into the fields. It was annoying, but it worked for me. Fingers crossed that it works for you too!
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    I'm a PC user too, however I did once have a similar sounding problem on a different website using a different browser and I had to do exactly what Stag has suggested: write the PW and user name in Word (in my case, but notepad etc would likely be the same) and cut and paste it into the fields. It was annoying, but it worked for me. Fingers crossed that it works for you too!

Probably not the best thing to confess in terms of security, but I have everything in a spreadsheet. For that reason, per my post, I'm certain I'm using the correct ID and PW in both browsers.
    PoorMansJB wrote:

Probably not the best thing to confess in terms of security, but I have everything in a spreadsheet. For that reason, per my post, I'm certain I'm using the correct ID and PW in both browsers.

Please just try the copy/paste thing as mentioned, you'll find it should work.