Is it time for a Bond 25 forum?

2»

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

I, too, often get a little smile on my face watching Bond films but at my age it's usually due to intestinal gas.

Did you just turn 28 too?

Ha! I turned 28 early in Reagan's second adminstration.

People of my ethnicity have weak stomachs (and eat bland food).
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    Personally I am dead against starting up a Bond 25 forum at this early stage. If such a thing were to happen, I just don't know what I might do....
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

I, too, often get a little smile on my face watching Bond films but at my age it's usually due to intestinal gas.

Did you just turn 28 too?

Ha! I turned 28 early in Reagan's second adminstration.
    Me too (I use that Brosnan line constantly). Well, maybe nearer the end...
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent
    Build both big, interesting, and complicated sets, for instance

Amen to that !
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Ex SAS soldier Chris Ryan in his latest book, has identified the new threat to the World, is that of ISIS teaming up with other such like minded people, in Africa, with the intent of exploding a biological weapon in London.

Now thats reality however grim, and possibly too real for a Bond film.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
    Ex SAS soldier Chris Ryan in his latest book, has identified the new threat to the World, is that of ISIS teaming up with other such like minded people, in Africa, with the intent of exploding a biological weapon in London.

What will we get in Bond 25, I bet nothing as realistic as that.
    I concur..... :#
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Biological weapons, have often been called " The poor man's atomic bomb ". I'd love
    to see a big world wide threat in Bomd 25.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    I'd like to see EON hire Christopher Nolan to do it. Let his brother write it. Hire a big-name actor (Jackman, Fassbender) to be Bond on a one-off basis, and a big name actor to be Blofeld.

With the last two Bond films making $2 billion, now is not the time to start over with a relatively low budget, an unknown actor and a journeyman director.

I agree with Christopher Nolan for sure. I just re-watched Inception (along with the special features, an absolute must watch) and it shows how meticulous he is as a director, and a big Bond fan to boot. It was also interesting seeing Chris Corbould's (special effects supervisor) work on Inception too, so the Bond connection is already there as he already has a relationship with Nolan.

As far as who I'd like to play Bond, I really think Henry Cavill would be ideal. I know he almost got the gig with CR, but I think he's ready for the role now. Funny enough this video for Omaze really convinced me, the guy is just charming, and I can totally see him delivering some Connery-esque quips! https://youtu.be/AaZhwaddrUM
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
    Cavil actually WOULD be my first choice now, assuming he'd drop some muscle mass...
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Came across this today. Woud make a pretty sweet teaser poster for Bond 25 if you ask me! :)

TDC_Teaser_Poster_A.jpg
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    That is a great poster -{
    YNWA 97
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    Came across this today. Woud make a pretty sweet teaser poster for Bond 25 if you ask me! :)

TDC_Teaser_Poster_A.jpg

That poster has Thunderball (book cover) connotations (which I like) -{

But as 'The Death Collector' is clearly suffering from arthritis, by the time he/she tries to get to James Bond they'll be dead so the franchise stays alive.

Hence the teaser; is James Bond on his last mission? Tune in - same Bond time, same Bond Channel.
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    My hopes, in no particular order:

Better music;
    Non-personal mission;
    Suits that fit.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Bond portrayed more as a playboy/sportsman who enjoys life a little bit! I doubt this is possible if Craig returns, since it's not really consistent with his portrayal. But my other three hopes should be executed no matter who plays Bond.

I want the next Bond to be black-haired 30s Connery type and allow 15 years if he will do several films at 3 year gaps.
    Yes more glamour with millionaire lifestyles like Nassau in Thunderball.
    A Villain who is hid away-like Dr. No -on his own Island far from civilization.

Bleuville.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    There seems to be some news already (well, at least rumor, innuendo, and hearsay).

Well if there's a new Bond actor (George Lazenby MK. 2) in 2018 he can be driving the new Aston Martin DB11.
    Meets a new Bond lady called Bliss T'Meetya who works for the villain Argento Smith who is stealing a vault of thousands of Film Memorabilia items and auctioning them back to interested owners !

Bleuville.