Mysterywatches in Thunderball

2»

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

there's no definitive way of finding out for sure, you've got too little info to go on.

And a huge amount of disinformation posted by someone who only wanted to put a stamp on the world that he was THE James Bond watch expert. That went well :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

there's no definitive way of finding out for sure, you've got too little info to go on.

And a huge amount of disinformation posted by someone who only wanted to put a stamp on the world that he was THE James Bond watch expert. That went well :))

yeah, when i said "too little info" what i meant was reliable info that wasn't written by a complete asshat
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    that wasn't written by a complete asshat

:)) :)) :)) good to see micro back to normal form :)) :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    0073 wrote:
    Hi,

Watched Thunderball again after awhile, and I noticed a couple of new watches, and one of them on James "Connery" Bond, no less!!! Yes I know, this is getting a little old this "discovery" of new Bond watches, but my Gugl-Fu proved powerless on this matter, so I ask You.

Watch no.1: In the scene where Largo kills Mr. Angelo in the plane under water, Mr. Angelo has a white faced watch with a steel bracelet. We all remember the watch Mr. Angelo should have in this scene, Breitling Navitimer of the late Mr. Derval. Black face with a black leather strap.

Watch no.2: Now this is going to feel a little repetitive, but: white face and steel bracelet. In the scene where Bond is watching Palmyra through binoculars from a helo, he has a "not Submariner" on his wrist, time stamp for the scene is about 1h.07min.

Now, there you go you watch sleuths and other collectors, go on and ID!

Please?
    I've looked at this post a few times but simply had no information to give, but as a watch nut I made a mental note to check it out during my next tb viewing.
    The problem is that without a decent screen shot or still it's very hard to identify a watch unless it has a unique feature that can be seen. These in tb don't.
    We struggled enough with the SP third watch and with that we even knew the brand....... In fact it's still not conclusively identified.
    I think you can discuss anything bond on this forum, the Mods will put you right if you stray -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    yeah, just don't mention butt plugs, strap ons or shoving pineapples up your arse.

not the done thing apparently.... 8-)
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    yeah, just don't mention butt plugs, strap ons or shoving pineapples up your arse.

not the done thing apparently.... 8-)
    Only the done thing in the silencer and Brastrap........so I've heard!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    "So I've heard" indeed! I saw you in there last night, sitting in the corner with your suitcase open selling all sorts of fresh fruit and accoutrements. Pffft.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :))
    Does it matter what end your 5 a day goes in ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    You're right TP. It's the other food groups that cause me the most problems, any way. :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    As has been stated above...99.99% of Bond related topics are fine for discussion...but not everyone with either be interested or have anything of value to add...what I'm disappointed in is people's opinions being labelled as 'crap' :# this doesn't add anything constructive to the discussion and just stops people posting...and causes unnecessary tension...I expected better...
    YNWA 97
    But Asp9mm's opinions are this: Crap :D

I simply can't do better 8-)

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Never a truer word said :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    :)) :)) :))

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Sir Miles wrote:
    As has been stated above...99.99% of Bond related topics are fine for discussion...but not everyone with either be interested or have anything of value to add...what I'm disappointed in is people's opinions being labelled as 'crap' :# this doesn't add anything constructive to the discussion and just stops people posting...and causes unnecessary tension...I expected better...

Sir Miles,

Ordinarily I would not respond to this. I would simply let it go. However, I happen to respect you and the other moderators and the tough job you collectively do on a daily basis. So, you are entitled to an explanation.

In most things I am generally tolerant of other people's views. However, in this instance I had to call a spade a spade. We all know where that theory came from. Matt is simply regurgitating the same thing with out his own due diligence or research. Mindful of that fact, I stand by my statement.

There is an old saying, "you either stand for something, or you fall for everything".

If at some point in the future I am proven wrong, I'll happily retract what I said.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:

Sir Miles,

Ordinarily I would not respond to this. I would simply let it go. However, I happen to respect you and the other moderators and the tough job you collectively do on a daily basis. So, you are entitled to an explanation.

In most things I am generally tolerant of other people's views. However, in this instance I had to call a spade a spade. We all know where that theory came from. Matt is simply regurgitating the same thing with out his own due diligence or research. Mindful of that fact, I stand by my statement.

There is an old saying, "you either stand for something, or you fall for everything".

If at some point in the future I am proven wrong, I'll happily retract what I said.

DG

Hi DG,

Thanks for your explanation...I didn't get the sense that Matt was endorsing what our departed friend thought...merely 'passing on' what he had heard (no matter how wrong that info was/is)...I thought a better/fuller explanation would have been more appropriate - rather than just 'crap'...
    I apologise if I'm missing something here or if I have read it incorrectly -{
    YNWA 97
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Sir Miles,

DG

Hi DG,

Thanks for your explanation...I didn't get the sense that Matt was endorsing what our departed friend thought...merely 'passing on' what he had heard (no matter how wrong that info was/is)...I thought a better/fuller explanation would have been more appropriate - rather than just 'crap'...
    I apologise if I'm missing something here or if I have read it incorrectly -{

10-4!
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Never a truer word said :))

Higgy%20Chop_zpsmk2xryje.gif

• 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Higgy%20Chop_zpsmk2xryje.gif

Shouldn´t this be in the Self defense videos and tips? :)) :)) :))
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I always thought there was no defence to an Hawiian Shirt ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Van Nutter wearing a GMT Master on Set.
    Must check the next time, if the watch made it to the movie

Rik-Van-Nutter-Rolex-with-Sean-Connery-Thunderball.jpg