Quantum of Solace Sunglasses (Indy Magnoli PLEASE )

Comments

• GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    IMG_0605.jpg

Ford
    Magnoli
    OP
    So as you can see in my last photo the colour is ever so slightly off, they feel a touch lighter than the TFs and they sit a couple of mm higher on my face but that may be as they are newer and tighter.

Overall Magnoli's come well packaged and for the price are an absolute steal. He's done an excellent job with these.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Just received the Magnoli sunglasses and my Skyfall knife
    IMG_20161014_150943648.jpg

Will have to wait until later for a review of the lens color
    Wow they've arrived quick, I ordered mine the same day as you and I'm not expecting mine for another couple of weeks!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • JasfJasf Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    GS wrote:
    IMG_0605.jpg

Ford
    Magnoli
    OP
    Thank you for the picture. It seems that the pair of Magnoli's is quite a bit wider than the Tom Ford TF108, maybe 5 mm wider? And the colour of the lenses is a little bit violet.
    Jasf wrote:
    GS wrote:
    IMG_0605.jpg

Ford
    Magnoli
    OP
    Thank you for the picture. It seems that the pair of Magnoli's is quite a bit wider than the Tom Ford TF108, maybe 5 mm wider? And the colour of the lenses is a little bit violet.
    Is that not just the picture? Are the oliver people's much bigger than the tf's then?
    Poor photo, this may be better. The ops are smaller

IMG_0609.jpg
    They are pretty similar in size, Magnoli's are narrower between the lenses.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Cool pic!

I must admit I thought Indys lens were a little off the blue of the TF108 in some other pics ive seen but thats not too bad
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I think only noticeable when they sit next to the originals. I'm interested to hear how people think they fit as they do sit higher on my face, I'm wondering if the nose pads are causing this and they may adapt in time. I'd post photos of me wearing them both but I am struggling with flu and don't want to frighten people!
    They look great! can't wait to get mine, what kind of case are they coming in? I'm kicking myself for selling my original TF108 case now after my kid wrecked the glasses!!
    A nice solid hard case with a lovely touch on the packaging.

IMG_0610.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Grant, how is the construction and feel of the Magnoli compared to the 108s?

I have to dig out my OP to compare.
    They are lighter and feel cheaper but the detailing is good. For the price they are excellent. I think to deliver a product exactly replicating the weight and quality the price would probably increase significantly.
    GS wrote:
    A nice solid hard case with a lovely touch on the packaging.

IMG_0610.jpg
    Top marks to Indy, I was expecting a draw string bag :D
    I am pretty astounded he has been able to replicate these for $80 including global shipping and provide a hard case. Well done indeed
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Mine just arrived! I have never seen the TF or OP in person to compare, but the Magnolis look fantastic and feel significantly more expensive than the price would indicate! -{ -{ -{

I just took mine out for a drive and loved the Polarized lenses. One of my beefs with my other Tom Fords is that they are lousy to drive in. Well done, Indy!

I'm not one for selfies but here is a pic.

fullsizeoutput_aa4.jpg
  • UmpireUmpire Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Question for GS, I have some 108's....can you tell me if the arms of the 108 would fit the frame of the Magnoli? I doubt they will but it is worth checking... Thanks
    Nice selfie cheverian!
    Umpire, I think you could interchange the arms, the Magnoli's are a fraction and I mean a very small fraction wider at the hinge. The issue you may have is the metal colours will not match. The 108s are shinier than the Magnoli version which are a touch more brushed metal.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I second that. Great pic Cheverian! Thanks for sharing. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • MrIceGuyMrIceGuy AUSTRALIAPosts: 114MI6 Agent
    Just received mine in the mail!!!! Fantastic job indy!!! Had a set of the prop shop ones and for the price indys are a bargen. One happy camper!!!
    20161017_125224.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    second that , love them and absolute bargain
    well done indy
    007 reporting for duty
    Postmans been..amazed how quick these have come, love them, really well done Indy.

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
  • esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Indy,

Just got mine and they are awesome. Great work!
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Hi all! Am really interested in grabbing a pair of these as my everyday sunnies. Can anyone provide some information regarding how similar these fit compared to the TF108? I have owned a pair of the 108, but have since sold it as I find them to be just a smidge too small for my face. I grabbed a pair of Tom Ford William instead and they are perfect for me. So if owners of both the Magnoli and Tom Ford version can shed some light on this it will be much appreciated! Thanks!
    I had the 108's some years ago, and on my face these seem to fit fine, I didn't put them on and notice any problems and I did wear the 108's a lot over a few years. I have the markos and they fit a little tighter, the 108's by design are a small looking pair of sunglasses. Even on bond they don't look big IMHO.
    Screenshot_20161018_084941.png
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Yeah def wear small (on myself and Bond!)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    They are identical in size but seem to sit a little higher on the nose than the 108s on me
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    Hi all! Am really interested in grabbing a pair of these as my everyday sunnies. Can anyone provide some information regarding how similar these fit compared to the TF108? I have owned a pair of the 108, but have since sold it as I find them to be just a smidge too small for my face. I grabbed a pair of Tom Ford William instead and they are perfect for me. So if owners of both the Magnoli and Tom Ford version can shed some light on this it will be much appreciated! Thanks!
    GS wrote:
    They are identical in size but seem to sit a little higher on the nose than the 108s on me
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    Can't you adjust the nose pads out a little to allow them to sit down a bit?
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 419MI6 Agent
    Glad you guys are getting them quickly! Don't forget, you can write reviews on our site by clicking on the "ADD YOUR REVIEW" link below the product title on its page. You'll need to log in to your account to do so. Here's a direct link: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/product_reviews_write.php?products_id=702

Thanks,
    Indy
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,

could someone advise (preferably with pictures) the size difference between these and the Marko's? I have some Magnoli 'Marko's' that are too big for my face, but these do seem smaller.. would be good to see a comparison.

cheers

T