The title - ideas and rumours

Comments

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,785MI6 Agent
    :))

Craig's Bond has a history of using heavy lifting equipment: bulldozers, cranes, digger....
    Your daughter has probably supplied EON with a major prop :D
  • DracolisDracolis Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    How about the title 'Strike Out' ? It has multiple meanings. It could be Bond striking out in revenge, or Bond on strike. M, Q, and Moneypenny could be kidnapped, and Bond has to 'Strike Out' the list of suspects one by one of who it could be.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Dracolis wrote:
    How about the title 'Strike Out' ? It has multiple meanings. It could be Bond striking out in revenge, or Bond on strike. M, Q, and Moneypenny could be kidnapped, and Bond has to 'Strike Out' the list of suspects one by one of who it could be.

Well, in the U.S., "strike out" is associated with baseball--when the batter doesn't get any hits, he is called out. So I can imagine the field day critics would have if they don't like the film. "Take the title seriously, folks--James Bond really does strike out this time!"
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,743MI6 Agent
    Got to agree with Hardyboy. "Strike Out" could be a disaster in the US. Even if the film was really good, some of these jackweed critics would give it a bad review just so they could use the "James Bond strikes out" thing or people in the US would think it's a film about baseball. :)) The original title of LTK was "License Revoked" but it was changed because they thought too many people in the US wouldn't know what revoked meant. That's pretty sad.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Got to agree with Hardyboy. "Strike Out" could be a disaster in the US. Even if the film was really good, some of these jackweed critics would give it a bad review just so they could use the "James Bond strikes out" thing or people in the US would think it's a film about baseball. :)) The original title of LTK was "License Revoked" but it was changed because they thought too many people in the US wouldn't know what revoked meant. That's pretty sad.

"Licence Revoked" was revoked because Americans would have associated it with a driving licence.

I wonder if any critics said "let die" to James Bond when Live and Let Die came out? Or if they said a James Bond film should "never again" be made after Never Say Never Again?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    You are saying The World Is Not Enough just was not enough? :))
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    SHADOW BETRAYS YOU
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    My preferred combination would of been Nolan to helm and to do Risico, happy to give Boyle the opportunity as he has done an interesting variety of films and i think he has the experience to helm a big film. Albeit the style of the film with Boyle is up for debate but im happy with him to give it a go.

I believe it'll go 1 of 2 ways, outrageous success or flop, hoping for the first of course.

Risico for me (finally).
  • RevelatorRevelator Posts: 578MI6 Agent
    Some Fleming chapter titles:

A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate

Cards With a Stranger

The Eye That Never Sleeps

Bitter Champagne

We Don't Like Mistakes

The Job Comes Second

Death is So Permanent

The Slaughterer

The Wizard of Ice

The Beautiful Lure

The Killing Bottle

The Finger on the Trigger

The Long Scream

Reflections in a Double Bourbon

The Pressure Room

Crime de la Crime

The Richest Man in History

Take It Easy Mr. Bond

When the Kissing Stopped

The Shadower

The Gambit of Shame

Death For Breakfast

Fork Left For Hell

Blood-lift

Hell's Delight

The Death Collector

Slay It With Flowers

The Question Room

Blood and Thunder

My personal favorite contender is Fleming's original title for OHMSS, The Belles of Hell. That title would also supply the title song, since it's a pun on the old World War I song "The Bells of Hell Go Ting-a-ling-a-ling". The song's in public domain, so all they need to do is give it a modern arrangement with some extra lyrics and hire a hot singer. Here's a traditional version of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpoO9yISDw
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,932MI6 Agent
    Revelator wrote:
    My personal favorite contender is Fleming's original title for OHMSS, The Belles of Hell. That title would also supply the title song, since it's a pun on the old World War I song "The Bells of Hell Go Ting-a-ling-a-ling". The song's in public domain, so all they need to do is give it a modern arrangement with some extra lyrics and hire a hot singer. Here's a traditional version of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpoO9yISDw
    they could hire Hell's Belles, the all-girl AC/DC tribute band. I suspect CraigBond is more of a metalhead in his musical tastes anyway, so it could work.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    This kind of reminds me of the old Bond film plots

From the news:

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Wednesday that an incident involving a US government employee stationed in China who reported "abnormal sensations of sound and pressure" suggesting a mild brain injury has medical indications that are "very similar" and "entirely consistent" to those experienced by American diplomats posted in Havana.

US officials have issued a health alert in China following the incident. Additionally, the US State Department is looking into whether the incident is similar to what happened in Cuba in 2016 and 2017, a US diplomatic official told CNN, which the US government characterized as a "sonic attack." That incident led to a reduction in staffing at the US Embassy in Havana.
    The official who fell ill was assigned to the city of Guangzhou in southern China and reported a range of physical symptoms from late 2017 through to April 2018, the State Department said. The employee was sent back to the United States for assessment.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Shatterhand!
    No..... "Bond25: Shattering Headache" :007) :D
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    The Garden Of Death, The Garden Of Death, The Garden Of Death, The Garden Of Death, The Garden Of Death, The Garden Of Death, The Garden Of Death, yeah I really like that title
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Shatterhand!

Agreed. I'm sure they'll continue with the S titles. S means Success, means Skyfall and means SPECTRE :D
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I mentioned this a lot earlier in this thread but I’ll mention it again just in case any Bond producers occasionally feel the need to read a random fan forum topic for suggestions - all the Craig films so far have been in alphabetical order so I hope whatever the title is it continues that pattern. It’s been great for my minor OCD :))
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    I mentioned this a lot earlier in this thread but I’ll mention it again just in case any Bond producers occasionally feel the need to read a random fan forum topic for suggestions - all the Craig films so far have been in alphabetical order so I hope whatever the title is it continues that pattern. It’s been great for my minor OCD :))

Connery's first five also were in alphabetical order!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • John Francis KennedyJohn Francis Kennedy South lanarkshire, ScotlandPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    My preferred combination would of been Nolan to helm and to do Risico, happy to give Boyle the opportunity as he has done an interesting variety of films and i think he has the experience to helm a big film. Albeit the style of the film with Boyle is up for debate but im happy with him to give it a go.

I believe it'll go 1 of 2 ways, outrageous success or flop, hoping for the first of course.

Risico for me (finally).

Yes I’m hoping for ‘ Risico ‘ also, Danny hasn’t phoned me yet! I’m getting worried, seriously though if there was song called ‘Risico’ it HAS to be better than mine otherwise it would be a bit strange.

I don’t think it will be Risico though, I watch for unusual viewing activityof my 4 Bond songs and haven’t spotted anything yet..... however... a couple of times I thought I noticed something’with Gun in my hand..
    Jamesbondradio likes:

"By Royal Command"

what do you think?
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,743MI6 Agent
    The Garden of Death continues to be a favorite of mine along with The Property of a Lady. Of course we don't really have any idea of what the plot of Bond 25 is and if it could have any connection to those titles anyway.
    I like those two titles very much too. The reason Jamesbondradio suggested "By royal command" was Chris Corbould's comment about Bond25: "Think the Olympics".
  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 131MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Jamesbondradio likes:

"By Royal Command"

what do you think?

I really like this as a title - shows where Bond's motivation for all that he does comes from.
    The title reminds me of OHMSS. "For Special Services" is also a good title.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm not thrilled with it. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DracolisDracolis Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    It could very well be 'By Royal Command.' If you think of the Olympics segment, the Queen was in that, and she appears in the 'By Royal Command' book as well.
    Can anyone think of any other plausable reason for Corbould's "Think the Olympics" comment other than royalty being somehow involved?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm guessing some "Big" world event ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Good suggestion.
    UN summit, perhaps? Or a G7 or NATO summit?
    A new Olympic games, or Nobel prize cermony?
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,543MI6 Agent
    I think the abandoned Bond24 title, Nothing is Forever, is a good title as its DC's last film.