**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Im 43 chest. Also wear L Y3
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    So spent some time in TF London, with mtm mgr and their tailors.
    Im a 41 in TF shirts and take 52 in all other items (cardigan, blouson, polo etc).
    Experimented with the Harrington and after lots of pins and scratching of chins, went with minor (0.5) chest and moving of adjuster buttons and cuff buttons.
    Should get it in a week or so but the look was transformed. I wasnt looking for 2nd skin look tho, as after talking through the fit intended in 2008 I wanted the dc bar look (dont plan to wear it in fires, douse it in sprinklers or get in to fisticuffs)....
    And always to be remembered, I unfortunately dont have the identical physique to DC and will need the jacket to function in the real world.
    Big thanks to Warren at TF. Also sorting some other mto bits n pieces too. Top man.
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    So spent some time in TF London, with mtm mgr and their tailors.
    Im a 41 in TF shirts and take 52 in all other items (cardigan, blouson, polo etc).
    Experimented with the Harrington and after lots of pins and scratching of chins, went with minor (0.5) chest and moving of adjuster buttons and cuff buttons.
    Should get it in a week or so but the look was transformed. I wasnt looking for 2nd skin look tho, as after talking through the fit intended in 2008 I wanted the dc bar look (dont plan to wear it in fires, douse it in sprinklers or get in to fisticuffs)....
    And always to be remembered, I unfortunately dont have the identical physique to DC and will need the jacket to function in the real world.
    Big thanks to Warren at TF. Also sorting some other mto bits n pieces too. Top man.

What size jacket did you go for?

Thanks,

Mike
    I know where you keep your gun!
    52, usual size. Def the way to go unless you want a non 08 TF fit (ie skintight)...

Has anyone from the most recent order received any updates from Luigi on when our jackets are going into production/shipping?

Thanks,

Mike
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    I was going to follow up with him later this week to see if there are any updates.
    fleiter wrote:
    I was going to follow up with him later this week to see if there are any updates.

Ok well hopefully he responds to you seeing as i emailed him last week and got no response.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    I imagine Christmas time as he was quoted as saying end of the year.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    I appreciate the info!

Thanks,

Mike
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    So, I've come to the conclusion that my TF Harrington is very oversized for me. I thought I would only need the sleeves shortened, but I'm thinking I need just about everything tucked in and tightened. This is my first TF garment, so I was wondering how much I can expect to pay to fully tailor the Harring at a TF store? Let me know what you guys think. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • TroyIkedaTroyIkeda Los Angeles Posts: 231MI6 Agent
    So, I've come to the conclusion that my TF Harrington is very oversized for me. I thought I would only need the sleeves shortened, but I'm thinking I need just about everything tucked in and tightened. This is my first TF garment, so I was wondering how much I can expect to pay to fully tailor the Harring at a TF store? Let me know what you guys think. -{
    TF tailoring is pretty pricey. I had a suit taken in and sleeves shortened...etc. It was $800! Plus their turn around time is about 3 weeks to a month! I bought a Windsor Blazer in a 44 and I had to have it re-cut. It was $1200. I know they should take care of you for the sleeve shortening, but if you take the sides in, shorten, adjust shoulders or waist, it can be pricey, so prepare for that possibility depending on what you need. Hope this helps -{
    edited November 2017

I visited TF London thinking mine needed a very slight tuck.
    But after looking at lots of qos pictures the tailors advised me on fit. It was designed (in 2007) to have room in it.
    So they tailored the sleeve buttons and the waist buttons only, to fit me and hold the jacket where it should sit.
    The difference was night and day and it now fits me but as it should (well how TF wanted it to fit).
    Try not to be misled too much by the final desert pic of DC. Unless you intend to beat the jacket up. Check the bar scene and waiting near the rock scene. DC wore it looser too, similar to the shawl cardigan...

qosbc-crop1.jpg

Based the sizing chart what size did you purchase?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited November 2017
    MikeG77 wrote:

007JBDCMWR got a 52 as did I. Not sure about James Brosnan.

(Edited response for clarity)
    I got a 52 also
    Usual TF size
    Glad I did as the waist wouldve been too small on a 50

MikeG77 wrote:

He got a 52 as did I

I remember him mentioning that to me a few posts back but i was wondering what size James got as i thought he was smaller than a 52.
    I meant 007JBDCMWR got a 52. Sorry posting that in the middle of the night for me. James Brosnan is a smaller size. He'll need to chime in on what he eventually got.
    edited November 2017
    While TF is ridiculously expensive, I would recommend James Brosnan taking it into TF in Miami so they can at least take a look at it. Maybe less needs to be done than he thinks.

After talking with 007JBDCMWR, if I were to have any alterations done to my Harrington it would probably only involve moving the buttons for the side adjusters and the cuffs just as he had done.
    While TF is ridiculously expensive, I would recommend James Brosnan taking it into TF in Miami so they can at least take a look at it. Maybe less needs to be done than he thinks.

After talking with 007JBDCMWR, if I were to have any alterations done to my Harrington it would probably only involve moving the buttons for the side adjusters and the cuffs just as he had done.

My advice is to drop in with it, let them assess it and take their advice...
    I would of been taking half an inch here and there (meaning work to sides, arms, shoulders etc. And then pockets wouldnt sit where they should etc)....
    Where as 4 buttons resighted and huge difference. Jacket is still original from making... Which I always think is better quality wise

Wow! Thanks a lot for the responses guys! I really appreciate that. I will be taking it to the TF store in Miami to see what they suggest, and it's nice to know the prices I can expect (waaay more expensive than I was thinking!).

So, I got the smallest size available (42 IT), and I still feel like I'm swimming in this jacket; it seems to be at least 1/2 size too big on me. Maybe I'll post some pics over the holiday and ask for opinions on what might need to be done.

I'll be jumping back into the TF polo project here shortly, so I was thinking about getting it all done at once since I live about 5 hours from the Miami store. If sizing is similar, I'll probably need an overhaul on the polo too :#

Thanks again for all the help guys! -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    Wow! Thanks a lot for the responses guys! I really appreciate that. I will be taking it to the TF store in Miami to see what they suggest, and it's nice to know the prices I can expect (waaay more expensive than I was thinking!).

So, I got the smallest size available (42 IT), and I still feel like I'm swimming in this jacket; it seems to be at least 1/2 size too big on me. Maybe I'll post some pics over the holiday and ask for opinions on what might need to be done.

I'll be jumping back into the TF polo project here shortly, so I was thinking about getting it all done at once since I live about 5 hours from the Miami store. If sizing is similar, I'll probably need an overhaul on the polo too :#

If you don't mind me asking what is your actual chest measurement compared to the TF sizing in which a 42 is 39.4 inches? The reason why i ask is because i am a 45 chest and i'm concerned about my 54 being too big and needing some adjustments.

I was in Miami a few weeks ago and i stopped by the Tom Ford Boutique and it was just insane!

Thanks,

Mike
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking what is your actual chest measurement compared to the TF sizing in which a 42 is 39.4 inches? The reason why i ask is because i am a 45 chest and i'm concerned about my 54 being too big and needing some adjustments.

I was in Miami a few weeks ago and i stopped by the Tom Ford Boutique and it was just insane!

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike - if your def a 45 chest then a 54 won't be too big! I grabbed one in 54 and I'm around 43/44
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

I'm in the same boat, I ordered a 52, but something is telling me maybe 50 is the right size, based on what some members said that jacket runs big. Now I agree with 007JBDCMWR as I also prefer the Bar Scene look which is more relaxed.

I'm not sure if other TF harrington's have similar fit, I was in Neiman Marcus the other day, and had the chance to try TF suede harrington, and the 52 was kind of tight! my chest is 41-42, and I can say that there's no way 50 would fit me.

Also, I have emailed Luigi about two weeks ago, asking for updates on production, still haven't got anything.
    TF leather often runs small. Also the current TF fit is much slimmer than the classic fit from 10 years ago.

The fit of the Harrington is unique in that the chest fits tighter than the back. It's not something I am used to. Normally any tightness is along the back shoulders. So even with a current 40 inch chest with wide shoulders I feel it across the chest. While the dimensions say a 50 may have fit, except for the waist, it may have been too tight for me across the chest.

If I decide to get the buttons moved it'll probably cost a couple hundred dollars from TF, or I can use a high end tailor in San Francisco probably for quite a bit less.
    fleiter wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

I'm in the same boat, I ordered a 52, but something is telling me maybe 50 is the right size, based on what some members said that jacket runs big. Now I agree with 007JBDCMWR as I also prefer the Bar Scene look which is more relaxed.

I'm not sure if other TF harrington's have similar fit, I was in Neiman Marcus the other day, and had the chance to try TF suede harrington, and the 52 was kind of tight! my chest is 41-42, and I can say that there's no way 50 would fit me.

Also, I have emailed Luigi about two weeks ago, asking for updates on production, still haven't got anything.

I'm kind of all over the measurement chart for the Harrington jacket. 20 in shoulder 45 chest my waist with out belt pants is 42.5 so i know i cannot do a 52 as the shoulders are too narrow. When i was in Miami i tried on the current version of the Solden to see how it fit as the measurements are close to the Harrington except in the chest (45.5 instead of 48.10) and shoulders (21 instead of 20.35) It fit ok but it put me in a bit of a tailspin regarding fit.

Speaking of the waist measurements can anyone confirm if the sizing is based on the lower hem of the jacket or is it higher up near your belly button?

Thanks,

Mike
    MikeG77 wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

I bet it was insane. I've actually never been to a TF store yet, so I'm excited to visit the Miami one, hopefully soon. I am between 34-36" chest. I usually require 34" suits and jackets to get a nice fit. I took a 36" in the Steve Mqueen Harrington, and that fits great, only time I've ever sized up! I totally forgot about the size being nearly 40" chest! No wonder it doesn't fit me. I got it because it was the smallest available, so I think the suggestions by the other guys will be more accurate for your case; as, according to TF, I shouldn't exist :)) Hope that helps.

All the best,
    MikeG77 wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

I bet it was insane. I've actually never been to a TF store yet, so I'm excited to visit the Miami one, hopefully soon. I am between 34-36" chest. I usually require 34" suits and jackets to get a nice fit. I took a 36" in the Steve Mqueen Harrington, and that fits great, only time I've ever sized up! I totally forgot about the size being nearly 40" chest! No wonder it doesn't fit me. I got it because it was the smallest available, so I think the suggestions by the other guys will be more accurate for your case; as, according to TF, I shouldn't exist :)) Hope that helps.

All the best,

Considering your chest size you'll probably need to have everything altered but hopefully it doesn't cost too much. Just in case there is a few places to get a drink before hand :)

Here are the full measurements for a size 42 converted to inches.

Chest 39.37
    Back from Collar seam 25
    Shoulder 17.72
    Waist 35.43
    Sleeves from collar bone 33.86
    Cuff 10.43
    Bicep 7.48

Just in case there is a few places to get a drink before hand :) Be sure to check out the carpet on the steps to the 2nd floor.....its like your walking on pillows but take the elevator instead of walking all the way up. I almost broke a sweat walking up the stairs :#

Mike
    edited November 2017
    MikeG77. Dude! Thanks for converting the measurements for me. I've been meaning to do that for a while now. With all the help I've gotten on this one, I felt obligated to add my own sizing analysis to the mix.

In my Barbour review for Iconic Alternatives, I compared the measurements of 3 XS jackets to the measurements of the Barbour. So, here is the same thing done with the TF Harrington (jackets measured were Royals Harrington, Levi's Menlo, Ben Sherman Harrington):

Chest 39.7" (38" Average)
    Length 25" (24" Average)
    Shoulder 17.72" (17.75" Average)
    Waist 35.43" (33" Average)
    Sleeves 33.86" (24.5" Average)

I didn't have the bicep measurement, so I'll add that when I get the chance. Looking at it based on the average of 3 XS's it's actually not super oversized, but is larger than the average in all places except the shoulders. However, I think it all adds up to a slightly oversized garment, so I swapped the Matchless for the Harrington real quick last night and took some fit pics. Please excuse the awful bathroom pics:

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9580.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

The chest actually doesn't look super big on me zipped up.

The jacket seems too long, but sometimes I think it's just right.

The bicep is very oversized.

The sleeves are rediculously long (but I think that was TF playing it safe).

The waist is actually as tight as possible on the first button, with the second button not allowing me to zip the jacket.

The shoulders seem rather loose despite the below average size, but it could be because of the larger chest and relatively low armholes.

Well, hope this helps, and if anybody has any suggestions or comments, please don't hesitate, as I want to get this jacket looking just right.

-{
    MikeG77. Dude! Thanks for converting the measurements for me. I've been meaning to do that for a while now. With all the help I've gotten on this one, I felt obligated to add my own sizing analysis to the mix.

In my Barbour review for Iconic Alternatives, I compared the measurements of 3 XS jackets to the measurements of the Barbour. So, here is the same thing done with the TF Harrington (jackets measured were Royals Harrington, Levi's Menlo, Ben Sherman Harrington):

Chest 39.7" (38" Average)
    Length 25" (24" Average)
    Shoulder 17.72" (17.75" Average)
    Waist 35.43" (33" Average)
    Sleeves 33.86" (24.5" Average)

I didn't have the bicep measurement, so I'll add that when I get the chance. Looking at it based on the average of 3 XS's it's actually not super oversized, but is larger than the average in all places except the shoulders. However, I think it all adds up to a slightly oversized garment, so I swapped the Matchless for the Harrington real quick last night and took some fit pics. Please excuse the awful bathroom pics:

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9580.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

The chest actually doesn't look super big on me zipped up.

The jacket seems too long, but sometimes I think it's just right.

The bicep is very oversized.

The sleeves are rediculously long (but I think that was TF playing it safe).

The waist is actually as tight as possible on the first button, with the second button not allowing me to zip the jacket.

The shoulders seem rather loose despite the below average size, but it could be because of the larger chest and relatively low armholes.

Well, hope this helps, and if anybody has any suggestions or comments, please don't hesitate, as I want to get this jacket looking just right.

-{

Glad you found the conversion helpful and you're welcome! I figured you would find it beneficial seeing as you bought the smallest size and i figured you may need to consider tailoring most areas of the jacket. I do remember reading your review on the Barbour jacket and you addressed the different measurements and concerns you had. I think the shoulders are probably a little smaller because of how the chest is structured.

Looking at your photos the jacket doesn't look bad. You said the waist is as tight as possible but is the actual waist measurement correct compared to the sizing chart? I'd say you could do an inch off the chest 1 to 2 inches off the biceps, shorten the sleeves by an inch or so and adjust the buttons on the cuff. When it comes to the shoulders i would hop in your car and in your normal seating position see if there is any pull on the shoulders. Hopefully the alterations aren't too expensive to get this jacket looking perfect!

When do you plan on going to Miami?
    I haven't check the measurements with the actual jacket yet, but I will be doing that in a day or so because now I'm freaking curious! :))

I'm transitioning between jobs right now and moving back to the Tampa area, and my wife is looking for a job over there too, so it could be a as early as January or as late as March, depending on how smooth of a transition this turns out to be. Either way, I won't have the money for the alterations if they are above $200, so it will just be to get an estimate; but that will be fun nonetheless. Why do you ask? You live in Florida? I'd would love to meet up with a fellow AJB'er, if you are.

-{