**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    I haven't check the measurements with the actual jacket yet, but I will be doing that in a day or so because now I'm freaking curious! :))

I'm transitioning between jobs right now and moving back to the Tampa area, and my wife is looking for a job over there too, so it could be a as early as January or as late as March, depending on how smooth of a transition this turns out to be. Either way, I won't have the money for the alterations if they are above $200, so it will just be to get an estimate; but that will be fun nonetheless. Why do you ask? You live in Florida? I'd would love to meet up with a fellow AJB'er, if you are.

-{

i'm curious as well to see what the measurements are and to see how your tailoring turns out. Hopefully the relocation and job search is successful for you and your wife and hopefully its not too expensive for the alterations. Trust me you'll have a good time and surprisingly the sales associates were not pushy and let you look around with out them hovering! I live in Upstate NY near Rochester or as i like to call it the "7th Circle of Hell" :v
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Oh, NY. Gotcha. Just visiting. Wait!? I thought that was Florida's nick name :)) well, I measured the TF Harrington and compared it to the size chart and it seems to be nearly identical. I think the waist is so tight because of the stiffness of the jacket. The bicep size is about average, but it is around 1/2" bigger than the Royal's, which fits me perfectly and is more of a true XS.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Oh, NY. Gotcha. Just visiting. Wait!? I thought that was Florida's nick name :)) well, I measured the TF Harrington and compared it to the size chart and it seems to be nearly identical. I think the waist is so tight because of the stiffness of the jacket. The bicep size is about average, but it is around 1/2" bigger than the Royal's, which fits me perfectly and is more of a true XS.

Honestly both Florida and New York could have the nickname "Just Visiting" :)) . Glad to hear that the measurements are identical to the chart which means you shouldn't need too many alterations but i'm curious when you measured the waist of the jacket i assume that was at the bottom near the hem?

If you have a free moment could you tell me the measurement across the jacket at the midsection point where the buttons are for the pockets? I'm trying to get an idea of how the jacket tapers down from the chest to the waist.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

Honestly both Florida and New York could have the nickname "Just Visiting" :)) . Glad to hear that the measurements are identical to the chart which means you shouldn't need too many alterations but i'm curious when you measured the waist of the jacket i assume that was at the bottom near the hem?

If you have a free moment could you tell me the measurement across the jacket at the midsection point where the buttons are for the pockets? I'm trying to get an idea of how the jacket tapers down from the chest to the waist.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, here are the measurements for my size 52:

Chest at armpits: 23.25 inches

Across midsection with tape over pocket buttons: 21.75 inches

Waist: 21.75 inches

Hope it helps.
    edited December 2017
    MikeG77 wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, here are the measurements for my size 52:

Chest at armpits: 23.25 inches

Across midsection with tape over pocket buttons: 21.75 inches

Waist: 21.75 inches

Hope it helps.

I appreciate the response but that seems odd that the waist at the bottom hem and the midsection are identical measurements when laid flat. Per the sizing chart the measurements for a 54 chest is 124 cm and waist is 112 cm so I would think the midsection would fall somewhere in between. Either I should have ordered a 56 or it's time to lose a little weight :))
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I didnt get a chance to measure mine yet because I'm out of town for the moment, but the jacket is very sraight in the body. It doesn't create a massive "V" effect like say the Levi's Menlo.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    The hem on my jacket is actually a little bigger than the chart.

There isn't a strong taper between the gut and the hem.
    Yeah, I didnt get a chance to measure mine yet because I'm out of town for the moment, but the jacket is very sraight in the body. It doesn't create a massive "V" effect like say the Levi's Menlo.

That's great to hear that the jacket doesn't have a huge taper like the menlo!

When i saw your comment about the hem being a little larger than the chart i started laughing!
    MikeG77 wrote:

When i saw your comment about the hem being a little larger than the chart i started laughing!

If you go back through the comments since the jackets arrived you'll see there was some variation in sizing. Some 50s ran almost to a size 52 while a couple ran smaller.

Why the laughter? Are you hoping your's will run a cm or so bigger?
    MikeG77 wrote:

If you go back through the comments since the jackets arrived you'll see there was some variation in sizing. Some 50s ran almost to a size 52 while a couple ran smaller.

I was laughing because once you mentioned that the measurement was slightly larger. I remember reading the thread from earlier this year and when people started getting their jackets and I remember how some people had variations in their jackets which was contrary to what the chart said. The one thing I've learned over this whole process is that the chart isn't always right but ideally as long as it's not smaller than the chart I'll be happy :)
    MikeG77 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

I was laughing because once you mentioned that the measurement was slightly larger. I remember reading the thread from earlier this year and when people started getting their jackets and I remember how some people had variations in their jackets which was contrary to what the chart said. The one thing I've learned over this whole process is that the chart isn't always right but ideally as long as it's not smaller than the chart I'll be happy :)

Good way to look at it. As long as it's big it can always be tailored down.
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Has anyone from the second run been in contact with Luigi? I'd be curious to see if there were any updates from his initial email in July in which he stated he could provide a delivery estimate once the order was submitted.
    McQueen wrote:
    Has anyone from the second run been in contact with Luigi? I'd be curious to see if there were any updates from his initial email in July in which he stated he could provide a delivery estimate once the order was submitted.

How ironic as I was just thinking this same question myself. I did email Luigi at the beginning of November asking a question about sizing and when the jackets will be going in for production? Unfortunately I didn't receive a response but someone on AJB mentioned that the 2nd run would be delivered to customers in December. Well we're in December now and nothing has been communicated but I remember other members saying that so.e of the jackets just showed up with no update from Luigi or even tracking info.

Have you reached out to Luigi since you payment was.completed?
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

I have not. I was just anticipiating the year's end though.
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    McQueen wrote:

How ironic as I was just thinking this same question myself. I did email Luigi at the beginning of November asking a question about sizing and when the jackets will be going in for production? Unfortunately I didn't receive a response but someone on AJB mentioned that the 2nd run would be delivered to customers in December. Well we're in December now and nothing has been communicated but I remember other members saying that so.e of the jackets just showed up with no update from Luigi or even tracking info.

It's been almost a month since I sent him an email, asking also about production and shipping estimate. Haven't received any update yet.
    fleiter wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    McQueen wrote:

It's been almost a month since I sent him an email, asking also about production and shipping estimate. Haven't received any update yet.

I remember you posting about this earlier last month but i forgot to follow up with you. At least i am not the only one wondering what is going on with the project.
    Received an AWESOME email this morning from Luigi requesting that I verify my shipping address. He advised the jackets will be received from the factory on Monday and then they will start shipping the 14th and 15th. We will be getting tracking #'s as well at the same time. I did confirm my shipping option, insurance and the declarations for customs but he has not responded yet. Once I have an update I'll post it here!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Received an AWESOME email this morning from Luigi requesting that I verify my shipping address. He advised the jackets will be received from the factory on Monday and then they will start shipping the 14th and 15th. We will be getting tracking #'s as well at the same time. I did confirm my shipping option, insurance and the declarations for customs but he has not responded yet. Once I have an update I'll post it here!

Yes! I woke today to this good news! perfect timing for the holidays. I guess now I need to dig in the older threads to learn how to handle the customs fees and such.
    fleiter wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Yes! I woke today to this good news! perfect timing for the holidays. I guess now I need to dig in the older threads to learn how to handle the customs fees and such.

In the US you will receive a bill for carriage and customs fees with a week of delivery.

I'm in the US and am still dealing with the customs fee. I appealed the fee 5 months ago and finally got an email reply on Friday. The Fed Ex representative back then failed to accurately state the reason for my appeal. I am contending that $800 of the purchase cost should be exempt, so the fee should be around half of the $175 they originally billed me. I have emailed the case representative my argument and will call her on Monday. FedEx wasted 5 months determining whether the correct value of the jacket was declared, which was never at issue. :#

I hate FedEx and wish retailers would stop using them for international shipments to the US.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I wound up paying the entire fee, alas. Had a friend who is tied to legal look at and basically tell me I didn't have a prayer of recouping. So, if I was a betting man I would say expect to pay this fee. BUT I love Westward's tenacity! {[]
    I know that items (jackets) under $800 are except from fees, wasn't aware though that when the value is above that, you only pay the fee percentage for the remaining.

Thanks for the info Mantis and Westward_Drift
    fleiter wrote:
    I know that items (jackets) under $800 are except from fees, wasn't aware though that when the value is above that, you only pay the fee percentage for the remaining.

That's what I am trying to acertain. Seems odd for a $800 item to be duty free while $801 would be taxed the entire amount. I have asked FedEx to email me any case law or US administrative findings that it should not be prorated.

Too many cases on styleforum where FedEx has billed carriage fees for duty free items.
    fleiter wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

In the US you will receive a bill for carriage and customs fees with a week of delivery.

I'm in the US and am still dealing with the customs fee. I appealed the fee 5 months ago and finally got an email reply on Friday. The Fed Ex representative back then failed to accurately state the reason for my appeal. I am contending that $800 of the purchase cost should be exempt, so the fee should be around half of the $175 they originally billed me. I have emailed the case representative my argument and will call her on Monday. FedEx wasted 5 months determining whether the correct value of the jacket was declared, which was never at issue. :#

I hate FedEx and wish retailers would stop using them for international shipments to the US.

This is always the problem i have had with larger companies as there are so many hoops to jump through because they do not empower their employees to make decisions. There isn't a legitimate reason why this process has taken 5 months and counting to rectify especially when the value was declared correctly and now you find out that the representative made a mistake.......unacceptable! Hopefully when you call on Monday they are able to give you some good news.
    fleiter wrote:

I was under the impression that you would need to pay the tax/duty on the amount that is over $800. I can imagine there are probably exceptions to that but i don't understand why the whole process cant be simpler?!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    fleiter wrote:

I was under the impression that you would need to pay the tax/duty on the amount that is over $800. I can imagine there are probably exceptions to that but i don't understand why the whole process cant be simpler?!

I know Medical Devices such as ...**ahem**...Sunglasses have no exemption.
    About 5 rounds of emails back and forth and FedEx is taking the position that while $800 or less is exempt, $801 is chargeable for the entire amount.

Took all those emails to get them to narrow down to the apparently appropriate sections of the CPB findings. However, nothing is explicitly on point so I have emailed the CPB for their official position. I await their response.
    About 5 rounds of emails back and forth and FedEx is taking the position that while $800 or less is exempt, $801 is chargeable for the entire amount.

Took all those emails to get them to narrow down to the apparently appropriate sections of the CPB findings. However, nothing is explicitly on point so I have emailed the CPB for their official position. I await their response.

So FedEx is telling you that once the value is over the exemption in this case $800 you have to pay the tax/duty on the total value of the item? If that's the case what is the point of having the exemption when FedEx, UPS etc, etc can just charge you the full amount?
    Just got my tracking # woot woot!
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Me too!!