**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• Well that's unfortunate news. Perhaps we should take a recount and see who all is serious about this. I would be very surprised if we actually have 30 confirmed orders. With time, people always drop off. The only way I see this happening is if we are allowed to advertise on other websites. Let me know if that's acceptable Simon. Thanks.
  • Please take me off the list, thank you.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    And thats us down to 40!

Unfortunatley I dont have the time to do a full recount of everyone thats said they are IN for one of these if we can make it happen. We def need at least another 10 people though.
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Is there a rough price on the remake and is it possible to be sent to Australia please? If the price is right I might be interested!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The rough price is 2000 Euro. So minus VAT and add duties and shipping. Simon is working on trying to get the exact cost. I am sure Tom Ford will ship to Australia.
    Still waiting on an exact cost but thats the rough price at this point and yes as mentioned Im sure they will ship to Oz. I have just posted over at Film Jackets to see if we can drum up some more interest.
  • That's the site I had in mind. Great minds think alike {[]
  • Did they give you a time frame or deadline Simon?
    Do we have till Christmas?

Kinda strange that they won't confirm a price though... :#
    I think that's the main cause of hesitation for people
  • For those who are riding the fence or think that $2,200 is too much for this jacket, I can tell you that having only 50 made means that the value of this piece will skyrocket. The Bond pieces that grow in value are the ones that are discontinued and hard to come by. The items like the Billy Reid peacoat or matchless Craig blouson stay at or below retail because they reissue them and make them a staple, permanent collection item.I wouldn't be surprised if this screen accurate harrington is instantly worth $5,000 on eBay. I personally want one to keep, but Tom ford did not put a limit on number of purchases or stipulations on resale. So if you have the money to spend, trust me, it's worth it.
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    shame. I really wanted one. I hope it goes through.
  • I can't believe 75 people would rather have the ski sweater vest than this jacket. Baffling. (It even costs more too)
  • SuitSuit Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    Buy two then :)
    MrE wrote:
    For those who are riding the fence or think that $2,200 is too much for this jacket, I can tell you that having only 50 made means that the value of this piece will skyrocket. The Bond pieces that grow in value are the ones that are discontinued and hard to come by. The items like the Billy Reid peacoat or matchless Craig blouson stay at or below retail because they reissue them and make them a staple, permanent collection item.I wouldn't be surprised if this screen accurate harrington is instantly worth $5,000 on eBay. I personally want one to keep, but Tom ford did not put a limit on number of purchases or stipulations on resale. So if you have the money to spend, trust me, it's worth it.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I am still in! {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • If 4 people up their quantity to 2 jackets before this weekend, I will up mine to 2 as well {:) I want this to happen
    MrE wrote:
    I can't believe 75 people would rather have the ski sweater vest than this jacket. Baffling. (It even costs more too)

If Tom Ford were releasing the Harrington to the stores with a (for them) big push like the current Bond items it would be produced in bigger numbers. This is a Group Made to Order project on a niche web forum. Can't really compare the two.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Simon, would it help if I posted about the project on the Iconic Alternatives site? The post on alternatives for the TF Harrington jacket has received a lot of views in the last two months. I could include some info about it there; it may help drum up more interest. I'm just not sure if TF wants this type of project publicized that much. Let me know, happy to help if I can.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    For those who are riding the fence or think that $2,200 is too much for this jacket, I can tell you that having only 50 made means that the value of this piece will skyrocket. The Bond pieces that grow in value are the ones that are discontinued and hard to come by. The items like the Billy Reid peacoat or matchless Craig blouson stay at or below retail because they reissue them and make them a staple, permanent collection item.I wouldn't be surprised if this screen accurate harrington is instantly worth $5,000 on eBay. I personally want one to keep, but Tom ford did not put a limit on number of purchases or stipulations on resale. So if you have the money to spend, trust me, it's worth it.

I am afraid that i would question any uptick value on this item. I think if you are going to buy it then you do so not on potential investment value but the fact that you like the jacket. For most people the price of this jacket is ridiculous - its 100% cotton and has no discerning features - there is no leather, cashmere or other high quality material. Just my two cents - and I am grumbling as I cant afford one :(

Maybe other collectors on here can opine on potential values of items - I have all the jackets from SF and Spectre but I don't believe i would get much more than retail price on these now if i wanted to resell which is fine by me as I wear them.
  • I've been there before Sunny. I totally understand. And in no way am I trying to belittle the price. Just stating that if someone purchases one and later has buyer's remorse they are a hot ticket on the bay. Not necessarily saying people should buy them simply for the sake of making a quick buck.
  • canoe2 wrote:
    Simon, would it help if I posted about the project on the Iconic Alternatives site? The post on alternatives for the TF Harrington jacket has received a lot of views in the last two months. I could include some info about it there; it may help drum up more interest. I'm just not sure if TF wants this type of project publicized that much. Let me know, happy to help if I can.

Simon said earlier that Tom Ford said "the more the merrier"
    50 is the minimum, but there is no maximum. I say go for it.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    MrE wrote:

I am afraid that i would question any uptick value on this item. I think if you are going to buy it then you do so not on potential investment value but the fact that you like the jacket. For most people the price of this jacket is ridiculous - its 100% cotton and has no discerning features - there is no leather, cashmere or other high quality material. Just my two cents - and I am grumbling as I cant afford one :(

Maybe other collectors on here can opine on potential values of items - I have all the jackets from SF and Spectre but I don't believe i would get much more than retail price on these now if i wanted to resell which is fine by me as I wear them.

I agree with you, sunny. As a fan/collector, it's all about supply vs. demand. If 50 of these jackets suddenly hit the market, I don't think the value will double or triple immediately. The demand for this jacket, and the subsequent market value, is why it's worth more money. If 10 or more end up on eBay right off the bat, I highly doubt they will command the prices you're saying. As an owner of one of the original TF navy harringtons, I haven't received an offer that high, and that's with the limited run that's currently (and only) available at the moment. But then again, I haven't listed it on eBay for the masses to see. It's only been advertised for sale on this forum. Yes, I realize that my jacket is not 100% screen accurate, but it's the only TF production run of this jacket that will ever be available, and it's the closest to the SA jacket from Tom Ford. It also has the unique feature of having the leather piping around the pockets which is a signature TF detail, and I think, what sets it apart from other harringtons, including the potential SA run. I think the high collectible value rests with the screen-worn wardrobe and screen-used props.

I also agree that it's unrealistic to buy multiples of these jackets with the assumption that you'll double your money if you sell one and keep one for yourself. But that's my personal history with this jacket, and my budget, talking. If you can afford several of these, I say go for it. It'll help us get to that magic "50."

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • I was talking the jacket up a bit, I admit it. Perhaps too much. I think we need to face the facts this project isn't going to happen though. 50 people can't justify the price, the hypothetical price at that. The fact they can't even give us a price tells me they're not serious. And who knows how many people have dropped off the list after 2 months of waiting. Simon... you've done great. As for Tom Ford...no comment.
  • That's actually why I wanted off the list. I find it inexcusable that after all this time they can't even give Simon a price. If they're not going to take us seriously, then I'm not going to take them seriously.
    Somewhat good news heard back from TF today that they are working on the costing once they have that need to confirm we have 50 orders and then they will produce a prototype and send to me for fitting, if everything looks good, as with the tie orders/deposits will be taken and jacket put into production

So I will keep everyone updates as I here more.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Excellent, thank you for the update Simon
    Thanks Simon. One step at a time.

When we get to the prototype stage any chance of sending it on a tour of all us 52s? :D
  • I'm assuming they won't be taking deposits until and if we get to 50 orders, correct?
    MrE wrote:
    I'm assuming they won't be taking deposits until and if we get to 50 orders, correct?

I think thats a safe assumption.
  • SuitSuit Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    What is the plan to get 10 more people to purchase this expensive garment? I'm usually full of ideas but this time I'm out of those.

It's not realistic to think this will increase in value since the interest comes from a small circle of people, so anyone getting two pieces is a longshot.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Well hopefully with a fixed price more people will be interested. We might get there in the end, more patience is required (especially from newcomers - these things really do take time)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well hopefully with a fixed price more people will be interested. We might get there in the end, more patience is required (especially from newcomers - these things really do take time)

Well said Paul
    For those of you new to the forum. Please give Simon time / and credit for all he has done to get even this far.
    You must always remember that a Corp such as Tom Ford generally dont really care about such projects
    Bravo Simon
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.