Bond's darkest moments (pre - Craig)

2»

Comments

• hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Wadsy wrote:
    Fair enough. Still can't help but get a little disturbed by that scene, just shows how deranged Zorin is.

The sight of Klottkoff struggling in vain before he is dropped, make it disturbing for me. That scream gives me chills too!
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    I found the KGB agent's death at the oil well easier to watch than Krest's death.

Krest's death is horrific, but it's grotesque and then followed up with a brilliant one-liner. If anything, it's funny!
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    The darkest moment probably in any Bond film for me is Aki's death. The poison slowly falling down the string and then landing on her lips. It is pretty difficult to watch her dying... It's Aki, everyone loves Aki. Having said that Bond seems to get over her death pretty quickly so maybe I should just get over it :))
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • TobiasTobias Chelmsford UKPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    I think quarrels Death in Dr No is disturbing being burnt alive by that motorised dragon and also Kerim bays death in FRWL too.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Tobias wrote:
    I think quarrels Death in Dr No is disturbing being burnt alive by that motorised dragon and also Kerim bays death in FRWL too.

Bonds anger and barely controlled rage is beautifully played.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    The darkest moment probably in any Bond film for me is Aki's death. The poison slowly falling down the string and then landing on her lips. It is pretty difficult to watch her dying... It's Aki, everyone loves Aki. Having said that Bond seems to get over her death pretty quickly so maybe I should just get over it :))

I think Bond grieved for Aki properly, when the mission was over.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Wadsy wrote:
    Whereas with Timothy Dalton in LTK, he doesn't actually kill someone physically really, and lets the villain take care of that.

Well there is the brutal killing of Ed Killifer, the corrupt DEA agent, and of course the satisfying harpoon revenge kill, for killing Sharky. Not to mention setting Franz Sanchez on fire!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agreed, Dalton's Bond could be an effective cold-blooded killer, when needed. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    I'm going to make things difficult for myself and name the darkest moments from each film:

DN - Quarrel burned alive.
    FRWL - SPECTRE agent garroted as part of a training excercise.
    GF - Mr Solo crushed in car after being shot.
    TB - Largo's henchman chucked into shark pool and eaten.
    YOLT - Aki's death.
    OHMSS - 'He had alot of guts'.
    DAF - Plenty O' Toole found drowned in swimming pool.
    LALD - Rosie Carver's death.
    TMWTGG - Andrea Anders off screen death and discovery.
    TSWLM - Bond's dark kill of Sandor off the roof.
    MR - Corrine mauled by dogs.
    FYEO - Bond kicking Largo's car off the cliff.
    OP - Vijay killed by buzzsaw.
    AVTAK - Zorin gunning down his workers in the mine.
    TLD - Necros kills Saunders at the fair.
    LTK - Krest's death.
    GE - Disovering Xenia's victim in the wardrobe.
    TLD - Paris' off screen death.
    TWINE - Bond killing Elektra/
    DAD - I guess Grave's going through the propeller is as bad as it gets?
    CR - Staircase scene strangling to death.
    QOS - Stabbing Slate with scissors.
    SF - Serverine's death.
    SP - Hinx gauging guys eyes out.
    Smiert Spionam