Bond girls / artists for theme song

Comments

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I haven't had the opportunity/have been spared hearing much of Ed Sheeran's music, so I really have no opinion.

It's lily livered rubbish and as Ed has said himself, "he'd need to grow some balls" to write as Bond theme.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    Dame Edna as the female villain? :p :s :)) She at least has balls :))
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I haven't had the opportunity/have been spared hearing much of Ed Sheeran's music, so I really have no opinion.

It's bland by the numbers dull as dishwater pop. He'll probably get the gig. Makes sam (Beige as poop) Smith seem groundbreaking.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    Are casting rumors this early in the process ever correct?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm just hoping with Danny Boyle directing, we might just see
    Cillian Murphy as a villain of some sort ?
    ( This is only a wish of mine, not News ) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Are casting rumors this early in the process ever correct?

How's this for a weird coincidence?

http://www.mtv.com/news/2805434/naomie-harris-bond-23/

(Check that publish date)
    So correct and good casting news can come this early :007)
    If they really are looking for a young, beautiful and talented British actress for Bond25 they can do much worse than Sophie Turner, known for playing Sansa Stark in GoT.
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3849842/

1504403_1440617606782_full.png?v=1440617835

sophie-turner-holding-off-shopping-for-wedding-dress.jpg

Sophie-Turner-801.jpg
  • Agent Double-O DanielAgent Double-O Daniel Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    If they really are looking for a young, beautiful and talented British actress for Bond25 they can do much worse than Sophie Turner, known for playing Sansa Stark in GoT.
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3849842/

1504403_1440617606782_full.png?v=1440617835

sophie-turner-holding-off-shopping-for-wedding-dress.jpg

Sophie-Turner-801.jpg

:o

Oh my...
    Sorry but that last hand... Nearly killed me.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure we can have an age difference of nearly thirty years between Bond and his love interest though! :)
    I'm just hoping with Danny Boyle directing, we might just see
    Cillian Murphy as a villain of some sort ?
    ( This is only a wish of mine, not News ) :D

That's a good idea, yeah; I like that.

He has kind of worked with most of the top current Brit actors: Fassbender, McAvoy, Cumberbatch, Dev Patel, Murphy as you say, Eccleston... pretty much any of them would be good Bond fodder, although I guess for a villain you don't want a leading man type who's younger than Craig. I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Strong do a Bond.
    A lady villain feels pretty likely to me. Might be nice to even have a older, standard Bond villain type. Helen Mirren or something.
    emtiem wrote:
    I'm not sure we can have an age difference of nearly thirty years between Bond and his love interest though! :)

We don't know the nature of the relationship between Bond and his understudy. We don't even know if there really will be understudy role. But if that rumors is correct I would say Sophie Turner is one year older than Ella Purnell who was mentioned by the source, but Purnell looks like a teenager while Turner looks like a young woman in her 20's.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I really want to see actors I haven’t heard of. Perhaps someone who is famous in Asia but not in the West. Or at least someone from the Continent who isn’t known in English-speaking film. That used to be the standard for getting a Bond girl or villain.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I agree, in general. If the rumors are true they need someone to play a young British understudy and a more mature actress to play the villan. Mind you, the actresses don't have to be British. Eva Green played the English Vesper Lynd.The rumors say they want a star to play the villan. She don't have to be a star IMO, but it sounds like the type of role where it might work using a star.
    Number24 wrote:
    I agree, in general. If the rumors are true they need someone to play a young British understudy and a more mature actress to play the villan. Mind you, the actresses don't have to be British. Eva Green played the English Vesper Lynd.

Which to be honest I don't think worked out all that well!
    edited June 2018
    Well, I can't argue with someone from Surrey. Not on this. :))
    I read on "the other place" that the next title song artist will be from Universal Music. That means no Adele. It could mean Kathy Perry, Adriana Grande, Taylor Swift, Lana del Rey, Lorde, Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga and a lot of other artists.
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    edited June 2018
    Number24 wrote:
    I read on "the other place" that the next title song artist will be from Universal Music. That means no Adele. It could mean Kathy Perry, Adriana Grande, Taylor Swift, Lana del Rey, Lorde, Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga and a lot of other artists.

I think either Lana Del Rey or Lady Gaga would be excellent!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
    I think so too :007)
    I listened again to Lana del Rey's newest album "Lust for life" in the far today.
    She seems perfect to sing the title song of a Bond movie. Especially the song "13 beaches" shows she has the qualities needed.
    Number24 wrote:

Ga Ga or Lorde would be great in my view.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Lana del Rey, Lorde and Lady Gaga are the best candidates on that list, IMO.
    Daniel Pemberton has been mentioned as the composer fot Bond25. He maynot be very well known, but he looks promising. He scored The man from UNCLE, Molly's Game, All the money in the world, Oscean's 8, The Game etc.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Daniel Pemberton has been mentioned as the composer fot Bond25. He maynot be very well known, but he looks promising. He scored The man from UNCLE, Molly's Game, All the money in the world, Oscean's 8, The Game etc.
    Not familiar with any of his scores which is a good thing I think.
    I haven't seen Molly's Game, but it's a movie about gambling that got good reviews. I don't really remember the scores of "All the money in the world" or "The Game", but l liked both.
    I do remember the scores of "The man from UNCLE" and Oscean's 8.Both have classy and playfull scores.
  • sunflower888sunflower888 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    I'd love to play a Bond girl, what a dream and fun role. I'd kick ass too! B-) :D {:) {:) :x
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I personally hope that the rumour about Dua Lipa doing the theme isn’t true, but she does seem like the type that would be picked by the producers.
    JTM wrote:
    I personally hope that the rumour about Dua Lipa doing the theme isn’t true, but she does seem like the type that would be picked by the producers.

I hope it's not true although it depends on the type of song and who pens/produces it. Personally I'm hoping for an uptempo number (enough with the Ballads already). Can't see her doing that but we could be surprised. Given the Danny Boyle connection I'm still hoping that Underworld could figure somehow as writers/producer.
    I have listened a bit to Dua Lipa and I'm unsure. She sounds good but her music seems to lack that little extra that makes you think "she should sing a Bond song!"