Interest: CR Long-sleeve Polo?

Comments

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Not sure if the original buttons were solid white or pearly, hard to say. Definitely sewn on with darker thread though, so we'll be changing that.

And yes, we'll be revising the collar stand area as well and lengthening the front placket by about 1". Here is the prototype being worn:

IMG_7429-2_zpsecv7iqp7.jpg

We'll be making one more prototype to verify all details before starting full production...

That picture looks very nice - Re: Buttons, these images def seem to be solid white, and slightly bigger/flatter, maybe more like a rugby shirt button, which would support some very early suggestions it is based on a rugger shirt, rather than a l/s polo
    daniel_craig_relaxing_venice_italy_actor_reading.jpg

561c0ee2b606c_image.jpg

no_italy_447952.jpg
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Not sure if the original buttons were solid white or pearly, hard to say. Definitely sewn on with darker thread though, so we'll be changing that.

And yes, we'll be revising the collar stand area as well and lengthening the front placket by about 1". Here is the prototype being worn:

IMG_7429-2_zpsecv7iqp7.jpg

We'll be making one more prototype to verify all details before starting full production...

That picture looks very nice - Re: Buttons, these images def seem to be solid white, and slightly bigger/flatter, maybe more like a rugby shirt button, which would support some very early suggestions it is based on a rugger shirt, rather than a l/s polo
    daniel_craig_relaxing_venice_italy_actor_reading.jpg

561c0ee2b606c_image.jpg

no_italy_447952.jpg

Jeez fricking christ, that first photo!!! I never saw it, that's the best look on Bond's Nike Air Articulates we can get I guess.
    theres this one too MrZareba.. not quite as sharp
    ec3a3127159f94da7e8eb4b12ecf8da6.jpg
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 419MI6 Agent
    Yes, noted all those points. I've actually just dug up one of my own rugby shirts and, sure enough, it has a white button that is about 3mm larger than the ones used on our polo prototype, so I'll use that as a reference point.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Really looking forward to getting one
    Anthony
    Here is the updated collar. We'll be starting production shortly...

Catch5966_zpsodrgsbhx.jpg
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Looks great! Love the tag {[]
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Yeah, looks stunning! -{
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    There's a polo in this picture?
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Very nice!
    Are we sure about the color?
    It looks a bit light IMO.
    Commandant wrote:
    Very nice!

Just photographs I think Commandant. One of Indy's first posts has a swatch of the chosen fabric against the Rittenhouse collectors card of a screen used garment. Pretty much Bang on in terms of colour and weave.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    There's a polo in this picture?

This may come as a surprise, but that is Daniel Craig Ms. Green is leaning on. There is also a rather ornate building structure surrounding her and upon which she stands. Don't worry, I didn't notice it either the first time I saw the picture ;)
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Can't wait!!! Btw any idea in sizing?
  • Davidko0606Davidko0606 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    +1
    Commandant wrote:
    Very nice!

Hum...it must be my old iPad -{
    Sizing will be similar to the Spectre Polo, but with a little longer body.
    Would it be possible to have the arm length?
    Thank you!
    Sizing will be similar to the Spectre Polo, but with a little longer body.
    Once the new polo is posted to our site, I'll have all the arm lengths up. Off the top of my head, they'll be just a bit longer than our long-sleeved Tennant Henleys.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    I'm getting really excited about this one! Looks great.
  • BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    I want in!
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Hi Indy
    Getting ready to order one, but I have a quick question: is this sized to fit tight? The measurements for the medium, especially in the chest and shoulders seem small to me for a typical medium. Most of my medium polos and henleys in size medium have measurements that are closer to your size large in this shirt.

Just want to make sure!

John
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Nice stuff Indy! Do you know the model's measuments and the size he's wearing?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Looks very nice.
    canoe2 wrote:

Hi Indy
    Getting ready to order one, but I have a quick question: is this sized to fit tight? The measurements for the medium, especially in the chest and shoulders seem small to me for a typical medium. Most of my medium polos and henleys in size medium have measurements that are closer to your size large in this shirt.

Just want to make sure!

John

I think Indy stated earlier it was on the same size grades as the Spectre Polo, which is VERY tight - certainly the chest sizes are the same according to Indy's webpages.

i have that in Large, and its super snug, almost too tight, and im a 40" chest/medium in most things - where my Sunspel Large is a tad loose. When i pull the trigger, and to wear over a grey tshirt, i will be looking at XL minimum, maybe even an XXL to get the baggy Venice look - although I've just seen they don't do XXL :#

I am not 100% sure this will work for me, i am going to wait an see what others say about the fit
    In the photo, that is a size medium, being worn by someone with a 41" chest, 32" waist, 6'0" tall and 175lbs. Hope that helps...
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited February 2017
    Tennyson wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

Hi Indy

Just want to make sure!

John

I think Indy stated earlier it was on the same size grades as the Spectre Polo, which is VERY tight - certainly the chest sizes are the same according to Indy's webpages.

i have that in Large, and its super snug, almost too tight, and im a 40" chest/medium in most things - where my Sunspel Large is a tad loose. When i pull the trigger, and to wear over a grey tshirt, i will be looking at XL minimum, maybe even an XXL to get the baggy Venice look - although I've just seen they don't do XXL :#

I am not 100% sure this will work for me, i am going to wait an see what others say about the fit

I feel the same way.

It looks great and I'd love to buy one but sadly even the XL is too small for me. It's definetly not sized for people with even a slightly muscular build. I'm a 45" chest/XL in 99% of the shirts I buy but this is 2" too small for me in the shoulders. :#
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Same for me. This shirt looks fantastic, but the sizing is way too small. I'm normally an XL and this is at least 2" too small for me. Too bad, would have loved to snag one or two!!
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    Would love to buy one, but would need an XXL.
    Sad!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    If it fits as the Spectre onedoes, I ordered a large but had to upsize to XL
    41-42 chest
    Fits nice and close but not skintight
    Prob do the same with this one
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.