Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

1383940414244»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,127MI6 Agent

Some really good candidates are aging out, that's true. But there are good actors who are relatively young. Max Irons, Aaron Taylor-Johnsson, Nicolas Hoult and James Norton are all born in 1985 or later.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,215MI6 Agent

What about you, Number24? I think you'd be a perfect Bond!

edited September 2

Me? I'm dark-haired, 6'2'', have blue-gray eyes and a pale-skin. Not like Bond at all!

But om the other hand I'm not British and I have no acting experience just like Lazenby. I'm born in about 1970 like Craig and I'm not good at doing stunts like Roger Moore. Maybe you're right! 😆

You've got my vote and I'll take great pride in saying "I knew Number24 before he was famous..." !

I don't know how I can lose the casting process now that I have your vote. 🙂

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,358MI6 Agent

Unfortunately, he just got cast in the new version of THE SAINT. I don't see him being both Bond and The Saint.

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

Neither do I, but we don't know for how long he'll be the Saint.

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,864Quartermasters

Assuming Henry Cavill isn't the guy (more's the pity), I'm very much still in favor of a Tom Hiddleston interpretation of the role. He'd no doubt to a high-protein bulk-up for the role, but I like the idea of a wiry-lean, dangerous Bond who can deliver the wry dialogue whilst being utterly ruthless. Still my first choice.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 869MI6 Agent

Yes I would like to see Hiddleston as Bond aswell.. only 40… Dalton and Brosnan were around 42/43 when took on the role… Tom Cullen still my first choice though … Tom Bateman could be good also!

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,580MI6 Agent

I wonder when we’ll start to hear some concrete rumors? For me, Craig has felt like a lame duck Bond since before Spectre even came out in 2015. I guess a lot of it depends on whether EON decides to press ahead or cash out. Ironically, things may progress more quickly without EON’s involvement, but that is not necessarily a good thing.

edited September 13

Even if EON has already chosen the next Bond (wildly optimistic, I know), we won't hear anything until NTTD has finished in cinemas, sold some DVDs/Bluerays and been available for streaming for a while. Next year at the earliest. It's suspenceful. For the first time we have a large group of the audience who feel Bond is somehow behind the times if the next Bond actor is a white straight man, and Lynch or Idris Elba were robbed of the big prize in NTTD. (I'd like to take this opurtunity to say we had a parliamentary election today and I didn't vote far right 😁)

Not that I'd mind if they find a non-white actor who has what it takes to be Bond. And both the audience and Bond can use a competing action franchise with a lead who's female, non-white, gay or all of the above. No need to stand on the sholders of gigants when you can be your own man or woman! 😃

Although I haven't seen "Being James Bond", Barbara Broccoli reportedly says in it that she "...cannot imagine Bond after Daniel." To me, that suggests that whenever that interview was filmed, she certainly hadn't signed an actor to take over from DC at that point. She may have a short list of actors, but that's not the sort of comment you make if you've already signed someone.

As Number24 says (a leading candidate for the next Bond himself, although he's too modest to admit it!), EON won't want to overshadow NTTD in any way by revealing the next Bond until NTTD is done, dusted, and out on DVDs/Bluerays etc. So we're back to mid-to-late next year at the earliest, I would say.

Watching LUCIFER S6...I still have to wonder if maybe Tom Ellis is the guy. I'll grant that he's 42 but he's a spry looking 42. He's also bulked up considerably in the past few years, almost as if he were trying to get ready for possibly being Bond.

The timing on this...LUCIFER ending right when they'll probably announce a new Bond...feels right, especially when you consider how all of the other top picks have busy schedules now.

Current rankings:

I'm not familiar with Tom Ellis so this isn't a reference to him, but 42 years of age today is very different than 42 years of ago was 50 years ago. While I'm sure that EON would prefer an actor who has both maturity for the role and physical youth in order to have a long run of films, I think the quality of the actor for three films would be preferable to someone who perhaps lacks the qualities of the character but who would be able to do six films.

There are plenty of youtube videos out there: clips of him as Lucifer and clips of his workout regimen. It's funny to compare how Tom looked in season 1 compared to how he looks now in season 6...he got absolutely ripped.

But he's got the presence and the charm down pat. Use him ala Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan and you'd have a fantastic take on Bond.

Current rankings:
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,580MI6 Agent

Agreed—I don’t envision an official announcement for quite some time. I was thinking more about credible rumors (which you will recall preceded Craig’s casting all those years ago, and that was in a world far less prone to such things leaking).

As to your second point, there is indeed a vocal group calling for a non-white lead, and it might happen, but it’s far from a guarantee. And whether it happens or not it will ultimately all come down to the quality of the performance and of the film. The rest is just noise.