Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent
    edited June 2018
    Number24 wrote:
    They should cast someone born in the 1980's instead. In 2022 when Bond26 hopefully comes out with a new actor, someone born in 1989 will be 33. Actors born in 1980 will be 42. That's a bit "old", but it could work.

skimming through Fleming I noticed this bit:
    ...it was his ambition to have as little as possible in his banking account when he was killed, as, when he was depressed, he knew he would be, before the statutory age of forty-five.
    Eight years to go before he was automatically taken off the 00 list and given a staff job at Headquarters. At least eight tough assignments. Probably sixteen. Perhaps twenty-four. Too many.
    Moonraker, PAN edition, pg 10
    I think Moore may already have been past retirement age when he got the job.
    Also Bond should be having one to three missions per year, not one mission every four years.

precisely the age a double-oh should have been retiring!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    Yes, Nicolas Hoult and Max Irons are in the right age-group. Both will be in their mid-thirties in 2022.
    James Norton (1985), Oliver Jackson-Cohen (1986) and Aaron Taylor-Johnson (1990) are also the right age.
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    Bmorelli11 wrote:
    Pierce Brosnan seems to think Tom Hardy has the "wiggle" to take over once Daniel is done. https://screenrant.com/pierce-brosnan-wants-tom-hardy-next-james-bond/amp/

I think we have to be careful about picking an actor just because he's in the public eye. I suppose you could argue an actor is well known due to their talent (after all, an actor of limited talent won't get big roles, right?) but I don't think casting Bond should come down to which actor is the most well known or getting the most high profile roles.

Craig wasn't that high profile around the time of his casting. I think Layer Cake was his biggest film in terms of getting his name out there but I don't recall Layer Cake becoming a major UK film. It wasn't like The Fully Monty or Four Weddings And A Funeral - those were major UK hits.

My gut feeling is Tom Hardy won't become Bond. I don't think his shorter statue is a deal-breaker, Bond doesn't have to be six foot plus, Craig isn't so the next guy doesn't have to be tall. People have praised Hardy's ability to play different kinds of roles so who knows, perhaps he could do a credible Bond but he doesn't really excite me enough. I suppose the ideal candidate would be someone you see and you get excited. You think: "that guy has real potential." I'm sure many Bond fans that never took to Craig never felt that excited by his casting or performances. It's just a personal thing, you can't really rationalize it. I think you go with your gut reaction and hope for the best. :)

After seeing "And Then There Were None" Aiden Turner is my top choice!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • DanielCDanielC Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    I've been watching Poldark and I believe Aidan Turner (1983) would be a great choice. It's too bad they won't reboot by Bond 25. As much as I like DC, I don't think Bond should be in his 50s.
    Looking for a ROYALE Filmwear Talamone Shawl Collar Cardigan, size medium. Preferably in Europe, but the US would work as well. Feel free to send a PM!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,188Chief of Staff
    I'm very far from a Craig defender, but being a very long-term Bond fan I've been at this point before and would say that 50+ is clearly too old to start being Bond but not too old for an actor established in the role (Connery, Moore, Brosnan (I wish), Craig) to continue for a film or two.
    And I'd be very happy to see Turner play the part.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    My wife wouldn't be too happy about him becoming Bond. As she
    Likes to see him get his clothes off every Sunday on bbc 1 :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    My wife wouldn't be too happy about him becoming Bond. As she
    Likes to see him get his clothes off every Sunday on bbc 1 :D

Yes but he'd also have his clothes off as Bond ..... Maybe she'd develop an interest as Bond :v

He's my number one choice :x
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,758MI6 Agent
    Turner could be a legendary Bond. But I doubt it happens.
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Turner could be a legendary Bond. But I doubt it happens.

I really hope he gets the part, I think he'd be absolutely brilliant as 007!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Ironically, I’d like to see Tom Hiddleston get the gig. I’m curious to see who they decide upon.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,742MI6 Agent
    Was watching the US show "Six" which is a fictional show about the famous US Navy Seal Team Six and realized that the show's lead, Barry Sloane is British and looks like Bond material. The only thing that could possibly be a problem could be his age. Sloane is 37 and by the time they get around to Bond 26, he would probably be at least 41 or 42 .
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Still think Cavill could pull it off!
    He certainly got the Misogyny part of Bond, as he's
    Recently had to apologise to the #metoo movement ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yes heard that, about some comment he made about scared to chat up women as he might be accused of being a rapist!!?? No doubt completely taken out of context!!
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    edited July 2018
    superdaddy wrote:
    Still think Cavill could pull it off!

I'd have no problem with him either. I doubt that as an Actor he has the depth of Craig although I've never seen him be given the chance to be fair. But a return to the more classic mold in terms of size, shape (he's a bit over muscled at the moment) would be welcome. Will reserve fuller judgement until I have seen him in MI.

Just watched the press piece for MI. He really does have 'Bond hair' according to Mrs Zaphod who cooed " yes definitely "...
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Most won't agree, but I thought he did a pretty good rehearsal in man from uncle! Very early Sir Rog IMO
    He has the looks but his acting is mainly as a piece of wood.
    He has the looks but his acting is mainly as a piece of wood.

I do fear that you may be right, then again Georgy boy was not a consumate actor but gave a fantastic performance. Depending on which way they want to go he may be too old by the time 26 gets made if they go for another origin style reboot (which I doubt they will)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    True, and sometimes a actor simply " fits" a role. So who knows -{
    Tbh TP I think the same about DC and also Tom Hardy the mumbling midget as my daughter calls him :)) but as zap hod said look at GL who IMO could have probably been the best Bond of all time!just a side note I've mellowed towards DC ( still keeping my campaign medals from the 05/06 Craig wars :)) ) but I look on his performance as another interpretation of cinematic Bond not Flemings Bond and as I said before only IMO has Flemings Bond been portrayed on screen 3 times, SC in DN and in FRWL and GL in OHMSS and all 3 were a little wooden but still, we'll to me fantastic!
    I'm not a fan of Tom Hardy as 007.
  • DanielCDanielC Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    Neither am I. Just feels wrong.
    Looking for a ROYALE Filmwear Talamone Shawl Collar Cardigan, size medium. Preferably in Europe, but the US would work as well. Feel free to send a PM!
    DanielC wrote:
    Neither am I. Feels just wrong.

Be a terrific Villain though...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,497Chief of Staff

I’d love Hardy to get the gig...preferably with Nolan writing/directing -{
    YNWA 97
    superdaddy wrote:
    Tbh TP I think the same about DC and also Tom Hardy the mumbling midget as my daughter calls him :)) but as zap hod said look at GL who IMO could have probably been the best Bond of all time!just a side note I've mellowed towards DC ( still keeping my campaign medals from the 05/06 Craig wars :)) ) but I look on his performance as another interpretation of cinematic Bond not Flemings Bond and as I said before only IMO has Flemings Bond been portrayed on screen 3 times, SC in DN and in FRWL and GL in OHMSS and all 3 were a little wooden but still, we'll to me fantastic!

I would add Dalton in TLD to your list but I know a lot of people disagree.
    I too would Add Dalton to the list -{ especially LTK.
    Agree on hardy being a villain, although more of a henchman! As regards to Dalton, yes he is more Flemings Bond than some other portrayals and again perhaps a little wooden at times and wasn't he a Shakespearean actor!!
    It takes a real man to act in tights ! :D
    :)) -{
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent
    I'd like Michael Fassbender as the next Bond. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).