Military Service

1131415161719»

Comments

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 2,062MI6 Agent

Given they couldn't develop the gun themselves, does this suggest the gradual decline of US military self-sustainability?

• 00730073 COPPosts: 912MI6 Agent
    edited April 26

Not by foreigners. SIG Sauer Inc. formerly known as SIGARMS is a US company and organizationally separate from SIG Sauer GmbH.

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 19,984MI6 Agent
    edited April 28

I knew I was wrong about something. I just didn't know about what and how. 😁

Anyway, it's a major move. A new calibre and a gun sight out of a 1990's sci-fi movie.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 2,062MI6 Agent

Thanks, 0073, you learn something new every day.

edited May 16

Sweden and Finland has applied to become members of NATO. This is a major move, both for Sweden since the country has been neutral since the Napoleonic wars and Finland that was blocked from joining by the Soviet union. To celebrate this I'm posting a photo of two Norwegian border jaegers, a light infantry unit that patrols the border to Russia, at the Three Realm Beacon (my own attempt at translating Treriksrøysa). Treriksrøysa is the point where the borders of Norway, Sweden and Finland meet.

-Mr Arlington Beech
    edited June 5

The photo that will destroy Putin's weekend: USS Kearsarge In Stockholm harbour.

Would've been nice to have been on Stockholm cruise this weekend.

Could've gotten nice shots of the deck of the USS Kearsarge from the Viking Line cruise liner with a telephoto lens.

-Mr Arlington Beech
    edited June 6

I'm sure the ship has been in harbours before, offering good photo oportunities. The political implications of this visit are far more important.

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,125MI6 Agent

The British army are training Ukraine army recruits in England. According to the news they expect to train 10,000 each 120 days!

That's a lot! I should think training Ukrainians to be instructors is the most effective way forward.

According to the report, the British army was training recruits in Ukraine for some years. Now it is seen as too dangerous to do that. It mentioned that recruits are being killed by Russian attacks while they are training, so the reason to bring them to the UK is that.

I see. These Ukrainians have become heroes of mine, as they have for many others.

They certainly have given the Russians a bloody nose. I hope the war is over before long as there will be no winners, only losers. By that I mean the many casualties.

War is always a tragedy, so in that sense there are only losers. But if the Ukrainians manages to throw the the invaders out and keep their democracy that'll be victory. It will also be a victory for the rest of Europe because new the world knows Russia is weaker than most people thought and the West is strongest and more united than people thought. As a result Putin will probably have to put om the backburner any plans he night have had to expand Russia even more. This war has certainly made the Baltic states safer.

I agree about the situation over all, it is terrible many innocent people will suffer in the process and those involved will be scarred for ever by what they see and do. It is always a big price to pay.

I feel for everyone in Ukraine, including the elderly who saw WWII at it's very worst as children and now has to re-live the horrors of war.