No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I received an e-mail from Connolly just a few hours ago saying my Giubbino jacket is shipping via UPS with an estimated arrival date of this coming Monday.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Got an email a few hours ago from Connolly that my jacket has shipped via UPS. Like Craig my eta is Monday. For some reason it was in my junk mail folder so be sure to check there.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Stormmauer wrote:
    Patience with Connolly - as of Monday evening, all non essential shops were shut in the UK and we were ordered to work from home unless otherwise able to, which would most likely mean that their office and store are closed. This could possibly result in a whole load of Jackets sitting waiting to be collected.

I received mine on Monday, sent CSM which is just an operator who deal with UPS. It’s sent via UPS. UPS ARE STILL SHIPPING INTERNATIONALLY (I’m using them for US and EU deliveries) but everything is taking longer now, and we aren’t meant to be going outside for non-essentials so they may find it difficult to get into their office to ship them. If it’s London also the public transport is being reserved for the essential workers, NHS police and such.

Similarly, we don’t know if Maximos is one of the 1.5M vulnerable who have been ordered to not leave the house.

So many unknowns but I’m sure your jackets will ship as soon as they can.

P.S I received an email from him saying they missed on sending the garment bag and spare buttons with my jacket as they were delayed in leaving Italy. Perhaps they are waiting for those to come through also to avoid shipping twice!

My jacket was shipped but the garment bag and spare buttons will be shipped separately as these are still in Italy. I think most of the domestic orders have been sent. Just the international orders that may have been delayed due to uncertain nature of shipping internationally at the moment!
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    I just checked my email and i found the email that was received early this afternoon stating my package had been shipped :D
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • universal exports tokyouniversal exports tokyo TokyoPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    Got an email a few hours ago from Connolly that my jacket has shipped via UPS. Like Craig my eta is Monday. For some reason it was in my junk mail folder so be sure to check there.

I also received the email from Maximos, a few hours ago. The jacket was shipped and tracked by UPS, and it is now in Germany, leaving the UK. It will arrive in 30 March.
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV12bIFI8VQ

this guy just bought the Globe trotter so cool!
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Hart008 wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV12bIFI8VQ

this guy just bought the Globe trotter so cool!

It's nice but i am surprised by the QC issue with the handle that noticeable before he even extended it!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I see that Mr Porter/Net-a-Porter have both just stopped their online service for the time being for all areas except Asia.
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    I see that Mr Porter/Net-a-Porter have both just stopped their online service for the time being for all areas except Asia.

Yeah I saw that - also Amazon orders on non-essential items have been pushed way down in the queue too.
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    JamesBond wrote:

The R&B label on the neck isn’t one they use anymore, I think it was changed a few years ago, but their standard issue henley luckily hasn’t changed much over time—the placket looks to be correct (same colour as the rest of the henley) and everything else looks right so hey, nice find!
  • JamesBondJamesBond RomePosts: 43MI6 Agent
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply!!Yes, I was very lucky this time ! Hope the shirt is in very good condition!
    Have a great day and stay safe!
    :)

JTM wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:

The R&B label on the neck isn’t one they use anymore, I think it was changed a few years ago, but their standard issue henley luckily hasn’t changed much over time—the placket looks to be correct (same colour as the rest of the henley) and everything else looks right so hey, nice find!
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Thought I'd share some pics of my Massimo Alba outfit (not that I have anywhere to wear it!). I may yet get the braces but I still find it weird that he's doing braces with belt loop pants. I know that it's sartorially acceptable to choose braces instead of a belt even when there are belt loops on the pants, and it doesn't bother me at all seeing the look on Bond. But I'm not sure I would actually do it for me...I love braces, however, so I will still consider it....

A shout out to David Z. for his excellent review(s).

(for reference I'm just over a 40 chest and I went with the 50 as advised by Allesandro at MA. I had the jacket moderately tailored down at the waist slightly shortened the sleeves. Pants were hemmed and tapered a touch)

07-B3778-F-DB9-F-4-D53-9-F12-A64-AD6462-DA2.jpg

00374-D0-C-7-C9-C-4247-94-B4-E23-B0-B00-F74-D.jpg
    5-BF6-B29-B-CCAD-4-A7-C-8455-F86784-A2-F8-F8.jpg
  • FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    Got to say that looks the dogs bollocks as we say Up North , outstanding fit .
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    Thought I'd share some pics of my Massimo Alba outfit (not that I have anywhere to wear it!). I may yet get the braces but I still find it weird that he's doing braces with belt loop pants. I know that it's sartorially acceptable to choose braces instead of a belt even when there are belt loops on the pants, and it doesn't bother me at all seeing the look on Bond. But I'm not sure I would actually do it for me...I love braces, however, so I will still consider it....

(for reference I'm just over a 40 chest and I went with the 50 as advised by Allesandro at MA. I had the jacket moderately tailored down at the waist slightly shortened the sleeves. Pants were hemmed and tapered a touch)

Second that has to be said....without going to your head too much :)) it looks awesome on you. Perfect for summer event if we ever get out of isolation!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Looks fantastic!
    TSRGus wrote:

Wow. I’m humbled by your praise, all of you. :007)

It still amazes me that a good portion of my wardrobe is because of this forum and all you fine gentlemen.

And, “the dogs bollocks” could be among the best three English words ever strung together ...
    Here's some information that I learned (the hard way) about tailoring the MA sloop suit. Please heed:

First, do take advice from the designer. Allesandro at MA was meticulous in helping me decide on the 40/50.

If I'd gotten a 48 in this with the thinking that it is a looser fitting in construction, I would have been disappointed as there is little stretch to the material. I generally share a body frame size with David Z but I think David is leaner and my chest is a touch larger.

In keeping with this, please do not buy this suit with any hopes of "up-tailoring" the suit. You cannot increase any of the measurements and I hasten to say that that includes the waist of the pants! You can only tailor this fabric down, meaning you can take it in and you can reduce measurements.

The reason for this is that the fine wale corduroy material, while beautiful, is easily damaged once it is stitched. You will see needle holes that will never close and the wale of the corduroy will irreparably flatten.

When tailoring down, your tailor should only use pins and never stitch until the alteration pattern is confirmed. Even temporary stitching can ruin your suit if you have to remove those stitches to make changes.

Thus, you must get your alterations right the first time, or keep going down stepwise.

My sloop suit jacket was almost destroyed after my first fitting because my tailor did a quick stitch to take in the body from the rear seam. When I came in for my second fitting, we thought it might be better to let out a very slight portion of what was taken in only to discover that whatever section had been let out, the fabric was visibly damaged by the needle. And I promise, when I say visibly, I mean visibly.

My tailor recognized that the fault was hers, however, and offered to cover the full cost of a new suit, if necessary. She was adamant that I only leave satisfied. But we decided to try to salvage the jacket by sticking with the original alteration pattern and upon a second examination, the jacket didn't seem to be taken in too much, as was originally thought. (Based on the compliments from forum members here, I think we did okay.)

I did have a concern that the damaged section would be visible now on the inside of the inside of the unlined jacket. But the tailor ingeniously added a very thin ribbon all the way down the seam that looks so well-blended to the jacket as to appear un-altered.

She also added a blind hem (full tape) to the trousers. The extra material in the hem adds a bit of weight and helps the pants land better on the tops of the shoes.

So all in all, disaster averted.

(I would surmise that my advice for the sloop suit applies to the Winch trousers and the trench coat...)

Hope this helps.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Good advice, TSRGus. This is the case for any corduroy; the fabric can never be let out without visible changes. That goes for just about any cotton.

A word of advice: jackets should almost never be altered from the rear centre seam. It’s a shortcut when a jacket has double vents so the tailor does not have to remake the vents when altering the side seams. I see this done a lot today and it throws off the shape of the jacket, causing unwanted ripples.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Good advice, TSRGus. This is the case for any corduroy; the fabric can never be let out without visible changes. That goes for just about any cotton.

A word of advice: jackets should almost never be altered from the rear centre seam. It’s a shortcut when a jacket has double vents so the tailor does not have to remake the vents when altering the side seams. I see this done a lot today and it throws off the shape of the jacket, causing unwanted ripples.

Indeed you are correct. There was ample debate regarding how to best alter this jacket given my alteration needs. At first, Allesandro suggested working with the sides but after looking at the jacket's construction and exactly where my alterations needed to be, we decided on the rear seam. To be clear, the amount of alteration that we did was extremely subtle. But we all know the devil is in the details with menswear....In this case, the alteration actually helped with the drape of the back because of my shape. It was just fortunate that the original alteration pattern held up.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Deleted, wrong thread.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    TSRGus wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Indeed you are correct. There was ample debate regarding how to best alter this jacket given my alteration needs. At first, Allesandro suggested working with the sides but after looking at the jacket's construction and exactly where my alterations needed to be, we decided on the rear seam. To be clear, the amount of alteration that we did was extremely subtle. But we all know the devil is in the details with menswear....In this case, the alteration actually helped with the drape of the back because of my shape. It was just fortunate that the original alteration pattern held up.

Glad to hear that it all turned out well!
  • Mr FlodopMr Flodop Berkshire, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    Looks like we’ve found the grey tie with the Blue POW suit. Looks like one in the TF collection.
    0-F56-EABD-1-FE0-4897-B947-DDFF7-EB08-D20.png

0-F6-BCAA9-68-F2-48-FD-A828-034-EFE2-FBD0-E.png
    - Adam
    edited March 2020
    Mr Flodop wrote:
    Looks like we’ve found the grey tie with the Blue POW suit. Looks like one in the TF collection.

I think this confirms that it isn't any of the ties in the Tom Ford collection. None of them have this pattern. But thank you for sharing the photo!
  • Mr FlodopMr Flodop Berkshire, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Mr Flodop wrote:

I think this confirms that it isn't any of the ties in the Tom Ford collection. None of them have this pattern. But thank you for sharing the photo!

124-C5-C3-E-6-A48-4098-AEC2-4-D5-E1-D34-ABC2.jpg

Are you sure?
    - Adam
    Mr Flodop wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Mr Flodop wrote:

124-C5-C3-E-6-A48-4098-AEC2-4-D5-E1-D34-ABC2.jpg

Are you sure?

I do not believe that is the same tie. That Tom Ford tie has a texture with a mottled colouring. Bond's tie has a micro check with tonal contrast.
    edited March 2020
    The tie should have a hint of blue. Based on the colour photos, the tie is shades of blue, not grey. Here is a mockup I made of what I see:

NTTD-tie-mockup.jpg
  • Greetings all!

I received my Connolly Bond jacket 20 minutes ago, and I certainly got the wrong size. This jacket is not for tall people. Before I return it to Connolly, I will offer it to anyone on here who would like to purchase a size M.
    Asking price is what Connolly asks. No more, no less. Thanks
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    I received my Connolly jacket about two hours ago.

I ordered a large and am glad I did. While the chest is a little billowy (which actually works great for unstructured linen) the arms and back length are just long enough. If I had gone with a medium it would have been too short. No extra buttons or garment bag were included. I presume they are coming from Italy at a later date.

The horn buttons are basically black to the naked eye. Very disappointed with that. I have emailed Connolly about it.

Unshaken91 is right, it's not a jacket for tall or long bodied individuals.

Is it a very nice jacket? Yes.
    Is it way overpriced? Hell, Yes.
    Am I glad I bought it? I think so.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    I received my Connolly jacket about two hours ago.

I ordered a large and am glad I did. While the chest is a little billowy (which actually works great for unstructured linen) the arms and back length are just long enough. If I had gone with a medium it would have been too short. No extra buttons or garment bag were included. I presume they are coming from Italy at a later date.

The horn buttons are basically black to the naked eye. Very disappointed with that. I have emailed Connolly about it.

Unshaken91 is right, it's not a jacket for tall or long bodied individuals.

Is it a very nice jacket? Yes.
    Is it way overpriced? Hell, Yes.
    Am I glad I bought it? I think so.

I also received my jacket this morning, in size "M". After perusing David's vlog, I was a bit afraid as I usually takes a size up from him and he also wore a size "M".
    Finally the size "M" is a good fit for my 5'10 height. But this jacket is on the short side for sure. I agree with you : it is wayyy over priced......Bond effect I guess or "how to make some money on customer's back" !!!

I also received an email from Maximos later in the day, stating the garment bag and spare buttons were not ready from Italy when the jacket was shipped and they will come later....