No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    Victor B wrote:
    BTW I got last week the Barbour Graham. I don´t believe it was yet confirmed but was on sale I decided to go ahead and buying it. I use to wear L but as I read this one was running big I sized down. When I received it and tried it on I really got dissapointed... :s
    I mean the style of the jacket is not only bulky like hell (and I should have probably gone two sizes down at least) but also the cut is simply not stylish at all. Perhaps someone here would disagree and maybe it´s because of being too big for me but I am sending it back and not even thinking on replacing by a smaller one.

Where did you get it from?
    Was it SA?
    Best regards,
  • StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    Hart008 wrote:
    thanks for that storm
    cause i saw in the rogue website that it stated - the jacket will get darker after use, so i thought it was already dark and will continue to get darker

I own a lot of Barbour jackets (Perfect for the English Weather) and my wife would say I own too many. My experience is that if this behaves like a barbour, which im sure it will, it'll do two fold:

1. First month or so of regular use it'll lighten up and the wax will rub off on things and soak further into the material. There is always a little bleed of waxed fabric onto other fabrics so I try to refrain from wearing them in the car or on fabric sofas and bits until I know its broken in. You can tell as it won't feel very waxy anymore, just a stiff material.

2. Where the fabric rubs (arms, sides of jackets etc) the wax will build up and make it look a bit darker, creating a nice patina.

Its quite a cool effect which is why I like wearing barbours! Want to get rid of it I just re-wax the jackets.

I could be wrong with this, but its just my two cents. Wear it more and it'll break in nicely.
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 489MI6 Agent
    Seven wrote:
    Victor B wrote:
    BTW I got last week the Barbour Graham. I don´t believe it was yet confirmed but was on sale I decided to go ahead and buying it. I use to wear L but as I read this one was running big I sized down. When I received it and tried it on I really got dissapointed... :s
    I mean the style of the jacket is not only bulky like hell (and I should have probably gone two sizes down at least) but also the cut is simply not stylish at all. Perhaps someone here would disagree and maybe it´s because of being too big for me but I am sending it back and not even thinking on replacing by a smaller one.

Was it SA?
    Best regards,

I got it from Country Attire. SA or not SA is not easy to respond as there is not yet a consensus on whether the jacket in NTTD is a Barbour. But again, if it is, I consider it to be the less stylish piece of outwear I have seen bond wearing.
  • CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    Style is a very subjective thing I guess. The world is a far less formal place than it once was.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    Victor B wrote:
    Seven wrote:
    Victor B wrote:

Was it SA?
    Best regards,

I got it from Country Attire. SA or not SA is not easy to respond as there is not yet a consensus on whether the jacket in NTTD is a Barbour. But again, if it is, I consider it to be the less stylish piece of outwear I have seen bond wearing.

I didn’t like the look of that jacket when I saw it but managed to find a very affordable alternative with a similar style and material from Abercrombie and Fitch. I posted it a while ago in the Budget Alternative section. A few members have said they are pleased with it: I know I have been!
    Style is a very subjective thing I guess. The world is a far less formal place than it once was.

I do not disagree. And I do not have anything against informal outfits. The thing on this jacket is the cut. This is so much straight, long and baggy that I do not find it to have an attractive cut in any sense. Again, just my opinion.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    For those that are interested Npeal has emailed me to say the commando sweater is now available as the SA version whatever that is :)) The 1st version just didn't work
    These were sizes xs and s - message from NPEAL - Please kindly leave a message on the order saying -REVISED VERSION so we are aware that you would like the new one.
    007 reporting for duty
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I didn't receive that e-mail. Does it say anything about exchanging a V1 with the corrected V2? I think someone mentioned they had offered that some months ago due to the number of people disappointed with the first version.
    For those that are interested Npeal has emailed me to say the commando sweater is now available as the SA version whatever that is :)) The 1st version just didn't work
    These were sizes xs and s - message from NPEAL - Please kindly leave a message on the order saying -REVISED VERSION so we are aware that you would like the new one.

Funny enough I was about to ask whether NPeal did provide any update on the jumper :) I thinks these are really good News! Only thing I didn´t get is what you said about sizes xs and s... and as per what I read NPeal keeps on selling for the same price I guess the old non-SA version to anyone who isn´t aware or doesn´t ultimately notice the difference. Also funny.
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Have just received the email too. Might ask for a photo just to see how it's been changed.

Nothing about exchanging in the email but trying asking - customerservice@npeal.com.
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
    BTW, compared to other NPeal sweaters, how does this one fit? the Altausee one and the Skyfall ones were on the large size and the mock turtle neck ones were I think true size/fitted.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    So are they saying only XS and S was revised?

I was under the impression the patches didnt look normal / accurate until XL sizing
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    JB1106340 wrote:
    Victor B wrote:
    Seven wrote:

Was it SA?
    Best regards,

I didn’t like the look of that jacket when I saw it but managed to find a very affordable alternative with a similar style and material from Abercrombie and Fitch. I posted it a while ago in the Budget Alternative section. A few members have said they are pleased with it: I know I have been!

Do you have a link for the A&F Budget Alternative?
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    JB1106340 wrote:
    Victor B wrote:

https://www.abercrombie.com/shop/us/p/utility-shirt-jacket-39171319?originalStore=uk&categoryId=84950&seq=02&faceout=prod
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    JB1106340 wrote:

https://www.abercrombie.com/shop/us/p/utility-shirt-jacket-39171319?originalStore=uk&categoryId=84950&seq=02&faceout=prod

What size did you go with?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I didn't get it. Just posting the link.

I have more than enough blue jackets, especially with the recent acquisition of the Mission Impossible Fallout Hugo Boss Coram jacket.
    I didn't get it. Just posting the link.

I have more than enough blue jackets, especially with the recent acquisition of the Mission Impossible Fallout Hugo Boss Coram jacket.

There is nothing wrong with having too many blue jackets :D
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Victor B wrote:

Funny enough I was about to ask whether NPeal did provide any update on the jumper :) I thinks these are really good News! Only thing I didn´t get is what you said about sizes xs and s... and as per what I read NPeal keeps on selling for the same price I guess the old non-SA version to anyone who isn´t aware or doesn´t ultimately notice the difference. Also funny.

At least this is one company that is willing to change their run to make things more screen accurate. One of a very very small minority, so fair play to them.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

I got the small when I bought it and it fits really nicely. I’m a 38” chest. I see it has gone into the sale though and sizes are limited but sure it can be picked up on eBay.
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Are we sure the Crosby Drake's are the screen used pair? Colors look different to me.
    I don't see the tan line in the movie stills.

line.jpg

no-line.jpg

I'm willing to bet they altered the Crosby's for the film just like they altered the Danner boots as they did not come in black.

The stunt man’s shoes jumping from Bridge, from which these were originally identified did have matching sole colours with Drakes, so I agree and suspect someone in costume department did some colouring in!

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone has come to a conclusion on the screen accuracy of the Drakes Crosby's yet. I found a company based in Denmark called Goods that appear to stock the Crosby's with a matching sole and stitching across the top of the boot. They are more pricey at £306 than ordering direct from Drakes (£275). I will add that I'm not 100% certain they are the same as the SA pair, but they look more SA than the Crosby's on Drakes website. Stay safe everyone {[]

https://goodscph.com/collections/drakes-footwear/products/crosby-moc-toe-chukka-boot-brown-suede
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Drake told me they supplied direct to the costume dept.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • WouldntDreamofItWouldntDreamofIt Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Has anyone had any update on BP Joe orders from the 007 Store?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

I believe the BP EU Distributor is based in Italy, so all supply is in "hold" status for now
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

I'm willing to bet they altered the Crosby's for the film just like they altered the Danner boots as they did not come in black.

The stunt man’s shoes jumping from Bridge, from which these were originally identified did have matching sole colours with Drakes, so I agree and suspect someone in costume department did some colouring in!

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone has come to a conclusion on the screen accuracy of the Drakes Crosby's yet. I found a company based in Denmark called Goods that appear to stock the Crosby's with a matching sole and stitching across the top of the boot. They are more pricey at £306 than ordering direct from Drakes (£275). I will add that I'm not 100% certain they are the same as the SA pair, but they look more SA than the Crosby's on Drakes website. Stay safe everyone {[]

https://goodscph.com/collections/drakes-footwear/products/crosby-moc-toe-chukka-boot-brown-suede

Just placed an order from Goods thanks to Brit. -{

I emailed Goods customer service about the color difference. The rep replied that this season's Crosby sole is indeed darker than previous runs and he suspected Drake's just hasn't updated their photos yet.
    I edit, therefore I am.

Are you looking for one of the 007 branded pairs or one the original styles?
  • WouldntDreamofItWouldntDreamofIt Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

I've ordered the 007 branded version from the 007 store, they were supposed to be shipping out end of April, but that has understandably slipped.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

FYI, when I ordered my Crosby's I ordered two pairs: one in size 8.5 and one in size 9 because I wasn't sure which size I would be. Mine were ordered by Drakes directly so I was surprised when opening the boxes that one pair (the 8.5) had the lighter tan-like band around the welt and the other was dark brown, more like the movie.

Luckily, the better size for me was the 9 so I kept the one without the contrast however I did write to inquire about the variation and they told me that it was just that: a variation. They didn't say whether or not it was seasonal, or if certain years of production had it or not.

The contrast looks less distinct in real life than in photos and I surmise that with time, the contrast would disappear but perhaps our sleuths can find out if, in fact, there is something knowable about this feature of the Crosby boot....
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited May 2020
    TSRGus wrote:
    The contrast looks less distinct in real life than in photos and I surmise that with time, the contrast would disappear but perhaps our sleuths can find out if, in fact, there is something knowable about this feature of the Crosby boot....
    See post 4,591. What does it take to attain sleuth status? :p
    I edit, therefore I am.
    MikeG77 wrote:

I've ordered the 007 branded version from the 007 store, they were supposed to be shipping out end of April, but that has understandably slipped.

Where are you located?
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Hey Folks,

I was one of those who returned my original NPeal "army" jumper with hopes that the revised version would feature a shoulder patch design that looks more like Craig's.

Let me say first, that NPeal could not have been more accommodating nor more helpful and understanding of our detail oriented mindset and I'm pleased with how quickly they have answered the call to make this revision.

And thanks to that level of service, I received my revised version today. I'm quite happy with it. They reduced the patch size proportionately and the number of ribs between the patches looks better now on this size, which is a Small.

The neck opening is just as it was with my prior version (that is to say on the tight side) but I am certain this is something that will give as the sweater is worn. It's not uncomfortable when I have it on; just takes a little finagling to put on and take off.

I also have no issue with the draw string (color, material or length). It looks and feels right to me.

The only thing that seems different to me is how tight the openings are at the sleeve cuff. The first version felt like it had tight openings for the hands as well, as I recall, but this one feels even a bit smaller (I could be wrong). Taking off the jumper requires pulling it inside out. In any case, I think this too will loosen up with wear...

For reference, I'm 5'9".
    93-C70-C75-3-EB7-454-D-A588-E6-C3-BC5-E3-A4-E-1-201-a.jpg