No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Looks much much better
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Is it even still possible to get a pair of non 007 branded Joes or Nortons?

I love them both but cannot stand the branding.

MikeG77 wrote:
    Has anyone had any update on BP Joe orders from the 007 Store?

Are you looking for one of the 007 branded pairs or one the original styles?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited May 2020

MikeG77 wrote:

Yes but and it's going to be a waiting game! I think the Norton's were supposed to come out in April/May and Joe's during the summer (I was told July) but with a the lockdowns it's hard to say when they'll be available. I'm more frustrated that Barton Perreira was.going to offer both a collectors and standard version then all of a sudden there is just the collectors version. So I ordered and then my local dealer is like "they're rereleasing the Joe this summer".....major face palm!
    I know where you keep your gun!
    Hang on, are they going to bring out both versions or just the 007 limited editions?
    MikeG77 wrote:

MikeG77 wrote:

Yes but and it's going to be a waiting game! I think the Norton's were supposed to come out in April/May and Joe's during the summer (I was told July) but with a the lockdowns it's hard to say when they'll be available. I'm more frustrated that Barton Perreira was.going to offer both a collectors and standard version then all of a sudden there is just the collectors version. So I ordered and then my local dealer is like "they're rereleasing the Joe this summer".....major face palm!
  • WouldntDreamofItWouldntDreamofIt Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

I've ordered the 007 branded version from the 007 store, they were supposed to be shipping out end of April, but that has understandably slipped.

Where are you located?

I'm in the UK
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    Hey Folks,

I was one of those who returned my original NPeal "army" jumper with hopes that the revised version would feature a shoulder patch design that looks more like Craig's.

Let me say first, that NPeal could not have been more accommodating nor more helpful and understanding of our detail oriented mindset and I'm pleased with how quickly they have answered the call to make this revision.

And thanks to that level of service, I received my revised version today. I'm quite happy with it. They reduced the patch size proportionately and the number of ribs between the patches looks better now on this size, which is a Small.

The neck opening is just as it was with my prior version (that is to say on the tight side) but I am certain this is something that will give as the sweater is worn. It's not uncomfortable when I have it on; just takes a little finagling to put on and take off.

I also have no issue with the draw string (color, material or length). It looks and feels right to me.

The only thing that seems different to me is how tight the openings are at the sleeve cuff. The first version felt like it had tight openings for the hands as well, as I recall, but this one feels even a bit smaller (I could be wrong). Taking off the jumper requires pulling it inside out. In any case, I think this too will loosen up with wear...

For reference, I'm 5'9".
    93-C70-C75-3-EB7-454-D-A588-E6-C3-BC5-E3-A4-E-1-201-a.jpg

The revised version is far better proportioned. Bond turns his cuffs back on themselves so the slightly tighter fit is an improvement too. Helps in showing off the watch I guess :)) The whole look is also improved by throwing a Sunspel navy crew neck T-shirt underneath it, so it reduces the feminine looking neckline somewhat. A v-neck might get a better look though. Bonds braces make that neckline look so much better.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    Hey Folks,

I was one of those who returned my original NPeal "army" jumper with hopes that the revised version would feature a shoulder patch design that looks more like Craig's.

Let me say first, that NPeal could not have been more accommodating nor more helpful and understanding of our detail oriented mindset and I'm pleased with how quickly they have answered the call to make this revision.

And thanks to that level of service, I received my revised version today. I'm quite happy with it. They reduced the patch size proportionately and the number of ribs between the patches looks better now on this size, which is a Small.

The neck opening is just as it was with my prior version (that is to say on the tight side) but I am certain this is something that will give as the sweater is worn. It's not uncomfortable when I have it on; just takes a little finagling to put on and take off.

I also have no issue with the draw string (color, material or length). It looks and feels right to me.

The only thing that seems different to me is how tight the openings are at the sleeve cuff. The first version felt like it had tight openings for the hands as well, as I recall, but this one feels even a bit smaller (I could be wrong). Taking off the jumper requires pulling it inside out. In any case, I think this too will loosen up with wear...

For reference, I'm 5'9".

Looks great! Did you ever try a Medium? I have a feeling the small might be too tight on me.
    Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    Hey Folks,

For reference, I'm 5'9".

The revised version is far better proportioned. Bond turns his cuffs back on themselves so the slightly tighter fit is an improvement too. Helps in showing off the watch I guess :)) The whole look is also improved by throwing a Sunspel navy crew neck T-shirt underneath it, so it reduces the feminine looking neckline somewhat. A v-neck might get a better look though. Bonds braces make that neckline look so much better.

I'll echo what Asp9mm said: IRL the sweater looks a lot less radical with a blue layer underneath it. The SA off-white henley really exaggerates that boat neck unless you're wearing Bond's braces, which few of us will be, I suspect.

In terms of the neck opening, especially how high the front side is, so that it brushes your adam's apple, that's the way it fits Craig. I saw a stlll from the movie the other day — wish I could remember where — and it showed the front riding up Craig's throat too.
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Also purchased the revised version. Initially I was on the fence about the jumper, I think it’s lovely but wasn’t sure I’d be able to distance it from being a “cosplay” style item. I feel I can get away without a layer underneath or a wide/low neck light grey t-shirt. I won’t be wearing it with any grey combats or black military boots, more likely to pair it with some beige chinos per the N Peal promo shots on the site (minus the yacht) or some light jeans.

My main contribution is that I’ve managed to neatly tuck the drawstrings in on themselves, if any of you want a cleaner line around the neck.
    66-F2322-D-73-F7-4690-9-F32-850-B7-DAD8-E0-A.jpg
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
  • 008Wong008Wong Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    I got the non branded Norton's through here, got it like 2 months ago. Haven't had the chance to show it off to anyone because we ae in Lockdown UK.

https://www.chakshu.co.uk/collections/sunglasses/products/barton-perreira-norton-sunglasses-1 5 in stock!
    Hang on, are they going to bring out both versions or just the 007 limited editions?
    MikeG77 wrote:

Thanks man. Just ordered me a pair.
    008Wong wrote:
    I got the non branded Norton's through here, got it like 2 months ago. Haven't had the chance to show it off to anyone because we ae in Lockdown UK.

https://www.chakshu.co.uk/collections/sunglasses/products/barton-perreira-norton-sunglasses-1 5 in stock!
    MikeG77 wrote:

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    Hey Folks,

For reference, I'm 5'9".

Looks great! Did you ever try a Medium? I have a feeling the small might be too tight on me.

Thanks for the comments.

I never tried a Medium but there's no doubt in my mind that the small is right for me.. there's plenty of room in the sleeves and body but it's still "hero" fitting.

I'm a Medium in all the cashmere/silk blended items from NPeal (like the spectre polo) and front closure items like the Mall Gilet, but I'm a small in the Oxford round neck and a couple of other thicker cashmere sweaters, like the spectre cable roll neck. Having seen the Medium army jumper on Mr. Zaritsky's review video, I'm sure it would be too loose for my liking.

Some other references: I'm a small in the Rag and Bone henley and a medium in the RGT supply jacket.

hope this helps.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Also purchased the revised version. Initially I was on the fence about the jumper, I think it’s lovely but wasn’t sure I’d be able to distance it from being a “cosplay” style item. I feel I can get away without a layer underneath or a wide/low neck light grey t-shirt. I won’t be wearing it with any grey combats or black military boots, more likely to pair it with some beige chinos per the N Peal promo shots on the site (minus the yacht) or some light jeans.

My main contribution is that I’ve managed to neatly tuck the drawstrings in on themselves, if any of you want a cleaner line around the neck.
    66-F2322-D-73-F7-4690-9-F32-850-B7-DAD8-E0-A.jpg

That's a great idea with the drawstrings for anyone who's not a fan of that aspect of the sweater.

I was of two minds when the images of this jumper first came out: I loved the military distinction of this piece but I immediately questioned the somewhat feminine traits of the neckline and the strings. But after wearing it, it has a much more rugged and naval feel, particularly the chunk of the ribs and the slub of the canvas patches. There's a heft in the body of the jumper that cancels out anything dainty.

To me, the catalog images of the women wearing the jumper don't harken a "unisex" vibe as much as "she's wearing his jumper"...

Having said this, there's no question that this piece is one of those that requires the wearer to really make it his own and have confidence to pull it off.
  • Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    Hey Folks,

For reference, I'm 5'9".

Thanks for the comments.

I never tried a Medium but there's no doubt in my mind that the small is right for me.. there's plenty of room in the sleeves and body but it's still "hero" fitting.

I'm a Medium in all the cashmere/silk blended items from NPeal (like the spectre polo) and front closure items like the Mall Gilet, but I'm a small in the Oxford round neck and a couple of other thicker cashmere sweaters, like the spectre cable roll neck. Having seen the Medium army jumper on Mr. Zaritsky's review video, I'm sure it would be too loose for my liking.

Some other references: I'm a small in the Rag and Bone henley and a medium in the RGT supply jacket.

hope this helps.

I am a large in most items but read that N Peal should be sized down.

I have the RGT NTTD jacket in large and it is like it was tailored for me.

Sounds like this would fit me pretty perfectly in a Medium. Now to find a coupon code lol.

Thanks!
    Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:

The stunt man’s shoes jumping from Bridge, from which these were originally identified did have matching sole colours with Drakes, so I agree and suspect someone in costume department did some colouring in!

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone has come to a conclusion on the screen accuracy of the Drakes Crosby's yet. I found a company based in Denmark called Goods that appear to stock the Crosby's with a matching sole and stitching across the top of the boot. They are more pricey at £306 than ordering direct from Drakes (£275). I will add that I'm not 100% certain they are the same as the SA pair, but they look more SA than the Crosby's on Drakes website. Stay safe everyone {[]

https://goodscph.com/collections/drakes-footwear/products/crosby-moc-toe-chukka-boot-brown-suede

Just placed an order from Goods thanks to Brit. -{

I emailed Goods customer service about the color difference. The rep replied that this season's Crosby sole is indeed darker than previous runs and he suspected Drake's just hasn't updated their photos yet.

Update: Crosbys received today, and I'm so glad I waited until now to pull the trigger on them. The color is exactly as shown on Goods' site and on screen. I can't recommend Goods enough. They promptly answered my questions and just as promptly shipped out the order. I even managed to save a few bucks by buying from them versus Drakes. Highly recommended.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent

MikeG77 wrote:

I have a friend who owns a high end optical shop here in Tampa, FL. She's an authorized Barton Pereira dealer and I've helped a few people get non 007 branded Joes and Nortons. I don't have any financial arraignment, I just like helping people get the glasses they're looking for! Please let me know if I can help!

Non Branded Nortons
    AA8-F131-F-9-D54-45-BD-81-B6-F40-A2571-D2-E3.jpg
    DA4-FB41-E-2417-47-DA-84-AC-0-F058-CCF2-C8-F.jpg
    DA4-FB41-E-2417-47-DA-84-AC-0-F058-CCF2-C8-F.jpg
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:
    Cajun wrote:

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone has come to a conclusion on the screen accuracy of the Drakes Crosby's yet. I found a company based in Denmark called Goods that appear to stock the Crosby's with a matching sole and stitching across the top of the boot. They are more pricey at £306 than ordering direct from Drakes (£275). I will add that I'm not 100% certain they are the same as the SA pair, but they look more SA than the Crosby's on Drakes website. Stay safe everyone {[]

https://goodscph.com/collections/drakes-footwear/products/crosby-moc-toe-chukka-boot-brown-suede

Just placed an order from Goods thanks to Brit. -{

I emailed Goods customer service about the color difference. The rep replied that this season's Crosby sole is indeed darker than previous runs and he suspected Drake's just hasn't updated their photos yet.

Update: Crosbys received today, and I'm so glad I waited until now to pull the trigger on them. The color is exactly as shown on Goods' site and on screen. I can't recommend Goods enough. They promptly answered my questions and just as promptly shipped out the order. I even managed to save a few bucks by buying from them versus Drakes. Highly recommended.

How did you "manage to save a few bucks by buying from them versus Drakes"?
    Aren't they less expensive at Drake´s (315 EUR) than at Goods` (348 EUR)?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    A bit frustrating that I am in the process of a refund/exchange on the inaccurate sweater and as recently as last week N Peal has corresponded with me and said "we don't know when the revised version will be in stock."
    edited May 2020
    Seven wrote:
    How did you "manage to save a few bucks by buying from them versus Drakes"?
    Aren't they less expensive at Drake´s (315 EUR) than at Goods` (348 EUR)?
    Because Kr.2260 DKK equals about $327 USD versus Drake's $395 USD, that's how. -{
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    A bit frustrating that I am in the process of a refund/exchange on the inaccurate sweater and as recently as last week N Peal has corresponded with me and said "we don't know when the revised version will be in stock."

Ditto. I never got the email either. I was told by a friend and then I saw it here an hour later. I still haven’t got the email, but some leeway must be given in these times. They’re all working separately from home on laptops and things will get missed. Give them a shout, they’re good people.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Fair point!
    008Wong wrote:

What did they charge you for shipping/handling?
    £15 to Australia. No idea if i'll be charged import tax later on.

MikeG77 wrote:
    008Wong wrote:

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    £15 to Australia. No idea if i'll be charged import tax later on.

MikeG77 wrote:

If the total is under $1000 AUD, which one pair of glasses is, you should be fine :)
    I know this'll be heresy to some, but for anyone who's not a big fan of the gynecological neckline of N. Peal's commando, Outdoor Knitwear's 'Bond' jumper fits the bill very nicely. Plus you'll save more than a few bucks. -{
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    edited May 2020
    TSRGus wrote:
    Hey Folks,

For reference, I'm 5'9".

I'm glad these are shipping out already, and I love that N Peal is going out of their way to fix this situation. However, it's too bad that these patches are only for XXS to S... Maybe it's just me, but I think a patch this size would look perfect paired with a Medium...
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I'm still not 100% sold on the Connolly jacket, but I have been wearing it out on trips to the supermarket. It's been overly sunny and hot here in CA and the lightweight linen blend is perfect.
    I'm still not 100% sold on the Connolly jacket, but I have been wearing it out on trips to the supermarket. It's been overly sunny and hot here in CA and the lightweight linen blend is perfect.

Did you end up sizing to the an XL or did you stay with the L?
    Hey guys. I'm looking for some size advice for the Drake's Crosby boots.
    I wear a pair of Loakes Trapper boots in Sz UK 10 (tight fitting, could be half a size bigger), and Converse Chuck 70 high's in UK 11.

Additionally, can anyone point me to the cheapest retailer for Australia?
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    I took my usual UK size (in Crockett & Jones) 7 and the fit is good. It seems tight at the beginning on the upper toe but after several times of wearing them, it disappeared.

Fred