No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    we'll see.... I think we should be careful using words like "I'm sure"... :D

Cheverian wrote:
    I'm not sure who cares, but I'd promised to upload a couple of pics of my Barbour Graham (washed version). As a reminder, I sized down. I wear the To Ki To in XL and went with the medium for the Graham. Someone suggested that sizing down was ruining the SA affect but I think this jacket first me like it fits Craig in the few shots we've seen. YMMV.

(Sorry for the crap lighting, plant in the background, etc. Office bathroom.)

45-CC93-CE-CD9-A-422-E-827-D-7-E9-F09-C1-CB73-1-201-a.jpg

9-A7-C6010-2-CB2-44-C0-80-C9-2-C0-B5-ED567-CD-1-201-a.jpg

It's funny but I was absolutely convinced it was the "unwashed" version originally.

Now I'm sure that Craig wears the "washed" version. It's all down to that collar tab and the position of the metal popper button.

It's true, I know how that's worked out in the past :))

We need more pics dammit !!
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Usually its always the rare pain in the backside to find option :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I'm not familiar with how Barbour's partnerships work. But my understanding is that the only thing that stopped Barbour from re-releasing an exact run of the To Ki To was related to it being *by* To Ki To. Is there any sense as to wether or not Engineered Garments will be the same situation?
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    frommeyer wrote:
    I'm not familiar with how Barbour's partnerships work. But my understanding is that the only thing that stopped Barbour from re-releasing an exact run of the To Ki To was related to it being *by* To Ki To. Is there any sense as to wether or not Engineered Garments will be the same situation?

Thats hard to say. The Graham is from the japanese-born American fashion designer Daiki Suzuki (the outfit has a japanese influence when I think about that the TF jeans are described with "Japanese Denim"), so maybe we will have the same situation,time will tell...I'm so hungry for new pictures

for those who wondering why the Jacket runs so large; the Oversized-Look is the signature-cut from "Engineered Garments" and I'm not a fan of that aswell, it looks as if Barbour tries to catch younger costumers if they collaborate with such a hipster-brand
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Truer words were never spoken!!!!! :))
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Usually its always the rare pain in the backside to find option :))
    Noi wrote:
    "Japanese Denim"

I believe the reason for this is less about styling and more about the denim loom quality. I forget the exact details but I remember reading something to the effect of the best pre-war denim looms, for whatever reason, ended up in Japan. Which is why Japan is generally considered the capitol for high quality jeans. So it makes sense TF would be sourcing from Japan because the quality is, on average, better.

But this is based off a 10 year old memory of a business article I once read. I could be wrong.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    I screenshot these TF NTTD details a while back when they were posted to this thread (sorry I can't remember who did it) and I was wondering if someone knows which shirt and suit (colour/scene) go with which code?

Tom-Ford-No-Time-To-Die.jpg

Can anyone help me out with this?
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Noi wrote:
    "Japanese Denim"

I believe the reason for this is less about styling and more about the denim loom quality. I forget the exact details but I remember reading something to the effect of the best pre-war denim looms, for whatever reason, ended up in Japan. Which is why Japan is generally considered the capitol for high quality jeans. So it makes sense TF would be sourcing from Japan because the quality is, on average, better.

But this is based off a 10 year old memory of a business article I once read. I could be wrong.

The best selvage denims come from Japan. They have the best and older machines and they make the higher quality selvage on earth : they make jeans which can stand on their own as they are made with a heavy weight denim !!!
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Comparison of the Unlined (at the back) to the Washed Graham in photographs below. Usual issues with capturing colours as you’ll see between the two photos!

Aside from the lack of collar studs, the Washed is more a traditional navy, has brass poppers (vs silver/gunmetal on Unlined) and weighs about 25% more. The other difference is the throat latch, which is detachable on the Washed (sewn in on the Unlined). The Washed throat latch naturally falls ( on mine anyway) so see the polished blue button, with the straight edge of the throat latch fabric at the top, whereas on the Unlined the angled edge of fabric is at the top and this is fixed. You can twist the throat latch over on the Washed, as you see in second photo, but this has to be purposefully done by hand. If anyone has a decent enlargement of throat latch from the trailers, it might help in getting to an answer...

If you are thinking why do I have two - well the Unlined is a large/tent and all that I could find , so I’m awaiting confirmation on correct version and hoping I can find someone who wants to trade for a Unlined Medium or Small... though not that likely with this oversize style...

3050397-D-9190-4808-B331-F92-E0503-A761.jpg
    C7-C49-BA2-1-B29-4158-9-E8-D-90-B19-C79-F7-B5.jpg
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    I literally had the washed Graham in my cart when it was on sale at a price under $300 USD but my Discover card initially declined it due to them thinking it was fraudulent (being an order to a company in the UK instead of stateside).. By the time I got through to them and got the charge a green light - the size small was sold out ! :s :s :s If anyone happened to pick up a small on sale and it did not work out.. please PM me as I would love to snag one of these.
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    I literally had the washed Graham in my cart when it was on sale at a price under $300 USD but my Discover card initially declined it due to them thinking it was fraudulent (being an order to a company in the UK instead of stateside).. By the time I got through to them and got the charge a green light - the size small was sold out ! :s :s :s If anyone happened to pick up a small on sale and it did not work out.. please PM me as I would love to snag one of these.

I think Barbour have a small on their site at the moment for £191 https://www.barbour.com/uk/barbour-x-engineered-garments-washed-graham-casual-jacket

(£162 after student discount).
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Is size S the smallest size?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Ive got both now and honestly the difference in colour and details is negligible.

Im a 41 - 42 chest and 6 ft. Small fitted me perfectly (SA look)!

Given filming / jacket release dates etc its likely its the unwashed. But as others have said. The Washed sits better with the getup.
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Connolly restocked several sizes (even XXXL?)
    https://www.connollyengland.com/products/mix-linen-giubbino-jacket-navy?variant=31746271313969
    Nice joke with the Limited Run of 150 pieces and the rare material
  • Noi wrote:
    https://www.connollyengland.com/products/mix-linen-giubbino-jacket-navy?variant=31746271313969

I see that they still have the misleading picture of the screen accurate buttons as well.
    Nice one Connolly.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:

Yeah i commented on this about a month ago how it was a bunch of BS that Connolly said it was limited but in reality it's not. Regarding the XXXL it's not listed on the sizing chart but it can be added to your shopping cart so who knows. I feel like contacting Maximos and asking whats up and when are we going to receive our garment bag, hanger and extra buttons?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Noi wrote:

Yeah i commented on this about a month ago how it was a bunch of BS that Connolly said it was limited but in reality it's not. Regarding the XXXL it's not listed on the sizing chart but it can be added to your shopping cart so who knows. I feel like contacting Maximos and asking whats up and when are we going to receive our garment bag, hanger and extra buttons?

They have the material to make approximately 150 after that there will be no more of the correct material, they are getting made in batches hence they sell out and then more are added.
  • MikeG77 wrote:
    Noi wrote:

They have the material to make approximately 150 after that there will be no more of the correct material, they are getting made in batches hence they sell out and then more are added.

But they ran out of the buttons after 10??
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    Am I the only one that doesn't like this jacket all that much? It is great there are more available for those that do like it, but for me it is a pass. Thanks for giving the heads up to everyone, Noi.
    Noi wrote:
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    we'll see.... I think we should be careful using words like "I'm sure"... :D

Cheverian wrote:
    I'm not sure who cares, but I'd promised to upload a couple of pics of my Barbour Graham (washed version). As a reminder, I sized down. I wear the To Ki To in XL and went with the medium for the Graham. Someone suggested that sizing down was ruining the SA affect but I think this jacket first me like it fits Craig in the few shots we've seen. YMMV.

(Sorry for the crap lighting, plant in the background, etc. Office bathroom.)

45-CC93-CE-CD9-A-422-E-827-D-7-E9-F09-C1-CB73-1-201-a.jpg

9-A7-C6010-2-CB2-44-C0-80-C9-2-C0-B5-ED567-CD-1-201-a.jpg

It's funny but I was absolutely convinced it was the "unwashed" version originally.

Now I'm sure that Craig wears the "washed" version. It's all down to that collar tab and the position of the metal popper button.

And I think, we should be careful tailoring jackets that are supposed to have a certain style only to make them look like a Tom Ford Harrington.
    As has often been the case, Craig’s style reminisces McQueen’s.
    And this jacket with it’s somewhat roomy or baggy swagger reminisces McQueen’s waxed jacket from Cincinnati.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    JTullock23 wrote:
    Am I the only one that doesn't like this jacket all that much? It is great there are more available for those that do like it, but for me it is a pass. Thanks for giving the heads up to everyone, Noi.
    Noi wrote:

I noticed the new XXXL size on their website last week and emailed Max and also the general shop email on Thursday morning asking if I could exchange my XXL as I'm not 100% happy with the length. Still awaiting a response! I also have not received the buttons and garment bag, so it looks like no one has?!
    edited July 2020
    Peakey wrote:
    I noticed the new XXXL size on their website last week and emailed Max and also the general shop email on Thursday morning asking if I could exchange my XXL as I'm not 100% happy with the length. Still awaiting a response! I also have not received the buttons and garment bag, so it looks like no one has?!

ye these are exactly my thoughts, I like the jacket but I think that it runs a bit short, if I had the chance to go for the XXXL I would have done that right from the beginning, but Connolly kind of forced me to pull the trigger that early because of that "limited run"
    would be nice if you could share Max's response, thank you! (if you get one)

I received a E-Mail from Vuarnet today that they restocked the Edge 1613 (they also claim that they have limited quantities) but I couldn't find the exact sa ones with the correct frames, the Black Grey Polar are kind of rare right now
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Seven wrote:
    And I think, we should be careful tailoring jackets that are supposed to have a certain style only to make them look like a Tom Ford Harrington.
    As has often been the case, Craig’s style reminisces McQueen’s.
    And this jacket with it’s somewhat roomy or baggy swagger reminisces McQueen’s waxed jacket from Cincinnati.

Mine hasn't been tailored. And the fit seems close to what I see in the pictures below.

If it is the Barbour Graham, then it is a hugely oversized jacket in standard sizes. No way Craig wears a large or a medium. So I sized down, as I suspected he did (while he also had the benefit of tailoring).

cl114-barbour-x-engineered-garments-graham-jacket-james-bond-no-time-to-die.jpg
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Noi wrote:

Ross if that's the case then I stand corrected and I think it would be safe to say that the reason why there is inventory left is because of the COVID19 situation.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    I hope this Graham jacket pans out for those who love it - unless I missed a note, even David says on his video it's not even confirmed to be the correct jacket?

In other news, the fourth time's the charm! How much do you think seven Fed Ex shipments to the US and back cost poor N Peal...?

image-from-ios-1.jpg

image-from-ios-2.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Yes the Connolly runs short. I wish the body and sleeves were a half inch longer. It's also around twice the price it should be.

That being said, I have worn it around a dozen times already. It's great in the California sun. I can't say I love it, exactly, but I am exceedingly comfortable in it. The draw string is pretty useless, but I just ignore it. If travelling were possible this would be a great jacket to bring along; very lightweight and packs exceedingly small.

I first got the Mango version and wore it once. My family asked about me getting another blue jacket. I explained it was $12. Good reason, they said. They've seen me wear the Connolly several times since and have said nothing. They must think it's the same jacket. :)) :)) :))
    I hope this Graham jacket pans out for those who love it - unless I missed a note, even David says on his video it's not even confirmed to be the correct jacket?

In other news, the fourth time's the charm! How much do you think seven Fed Ex shipments to the US cost poor N Peal...?

image-from-ios-1.jpg

image-from-ios-2.jpg

Probably cost them what the sweater costs. Markdowns and comp shipping are often the price of doing business.

How does the new sweater look, HH?
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I really like the Connolly jacket but could never pay £460 for it. I had the Mango alternative but didn’t like it at all so gave it away in the end.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    How does the new sweater look, HH?

I'm pleased to have gotten the amended version finally and to my eye the distance is better (even though the one on Craig and their catalog model shows 13 or so ribs), but I haven't tried it on yet!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Got mine yesterday. XL - think it’s 12 ribs
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I'm behind on the rib count issue. Is the sweater on N Peal's site inconsistent with the film? I want the sweater but I don't want a returns hassle either.

Someone said it earlier in this thread but it really seems like the "screen accurate" items are fairly inaccurate this movie.