No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• 0000 Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    I guess it’s back to the drawing board, wish we
    could get better pictures!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 2,962MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    For the record, the Palladiums have not been confirmed, in case anyone is wondering.
    Personally, I don't think what we see in the garage still is a pull loop but rather a seam
    or some part of the cuff of the jeans.

Same.

I agree as well, either the loop is very low on the back of the boot or it is not a loop at all, his jeans wouldn't drape like that if they were hooked on a loop near the top of the boot, at least that is what it seems to me.

Always liked this one but all the loop talk made me think it couldn’t be it. Sold out so could be from a previous season.

https://www.amazon.com/Palladium-Mens-Pampa-Hi-Leather/dp/B003ZYDMFI?th=1&psc=1
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,817MI6 Agent
    I just received mine from Fat Buddha. They are great fun. I took their last size 9UK/43 Euro. I usually take an 8.5 in the C&J Moltons, Islays. and Church Rider III's, a 9.5 US in the J Crew Kentons. The Palladiums are slightly on the roomy side, but I love them. They do remind me of the CR Jack Purcells. In fact they look like the product of a wild weekend in Vegas between the Purcells and my Hunter Chelsea wellies!
    IMG-7272.jpg

Thanks for the sizing info and pic Blair. (We have the same size feet ;)

The more I study the lock-up picture the more I feel the boots are Pampa Cuff WP Lux as I think the lower positioned loop allows the jean to ride down slightly. The higher loop on the Pampa Hi would force the jeans to fall more awkwardly. From the pic, we can see that they slot between the rear of the boot and the loop quite nicely. Colour is still very difficult to tell, but I'm as certain as I can be it's the Pampa Cuff WP Lux model.

I actually prefer the Pampa Hi though so will probably go for a pair of these. 'Inspired By' is enough for me on this occasion rather than SA.

I also agree with previous thoughts that as the distressed grey t-shirt in Jamaica is supposed to be or at least be a connection to the CR t-shirt, these boots are probably supposed to be Jack Purcell's or create that link.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    I also agree with previous thoughts that as the distressed grey t-shirt in Jamaica is supposed to be or at least be a connection to the CR t-shirt, these boots are probably supposed to be Jack Purcell's or create that link.

As cool as that would be for us Bond clothing nuts, I really don’t think that’s the case. A grey t-shirt and a pair of brown casual shoes/boots—they’re not exactly uncommon wardrobe pieces.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    The grey t-shirt is the Sunspel Rivera melange. It's 1000% visual through-narrative for the Craig arc, that doesn't happen by accident and is someone (who is good at it)'s, job.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,136MI6 Agent
    I think you've got the correct boot identified. I'm not convinced it's the mahogany colour that others think it might be.

I may be crazy (my wife would attest to that), but I think the boots are possibly taupe.

https://www.brownsshoes.com/en/sale/men/boots/product/palladium/pampa-cuff-wp-lux/247531-O.html

I just received mine from Fat Buddha. They are great fun. I took their last size 9UK/43 Euro. I usually take an 8.5 in the C&J Moltons, Islays. and Church Rider III's, a 9.5 US in the J Crew Kentons. The Palladiums are slightly on the roomy side, but I love them. They do remind me of the CR Jack Purcells. In fact they look like the product of a wild weekend in Vegas between the Purcells and my Hunter Chelsea wellies!
    IMG-7272.jpg

Thanks for the sizing info and pic Blair. (We have the same size feet ;)

The more I study the lock-up picture the more I feel the boots are Pampa Cuff WP Lux as I think the lower positioned loop allows the jean to ride down slightly. The higher loop on the Pampa Hi would force the jeans to fall more awkwardly. From the pic, we can see that they slot between the rear of the boot and the loop quite nicely. Colour is still very difficult to tell, but I'm as certain as I can be it's the Pampa Cuff WP Lux model.

I actually prefer the Pampa Hi though so will probably go for a pair of these. 'Inspired By' is enough for me on this occasion rather than SA.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 293MI6 Agent
    Royale - I agree with you. There are some interesting continuity things have been misses along the way, like the sweeping man in QoS, dimples in ties changing from moment to moment in scenes that as a viewer we are supposed to believe is one continual shot, etc. If the continuation of the shirt being a visual through narrative happens to be real then that would be one of the coolest things in the entire series, to me. Whether or not it is confirmed to be true, I will follow that logic and believe it is real.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,817MI6 Agent
    I think you've got the correct boot identified. I'm not convinced it's the mahogany colour that others think it might be.

I may be crazy (my wife would attest to that), but I think the boots are possibly taupe.

https://www.brownsshoes.com/en/sale/men/boots/product/palladium/pampa-cuff-wp-lux/247531-O.html

I'm leaning towards the colour being that taupish colour too.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,136MI6 Agent
    It would make sense if it was because that colour goes better with the jacket than the mahogany.

I'm leaning towards the colour being that taupish colour too.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    The Palladium pampa cuff WP Lux seems more like a softer suede material designed as a water repellant surface the boots in the image especially the lighter version looks more like a smooth
    leather. The WP Lux chocolate is still a strong contender!

I thought the russet color could have been it, but in Pinterest images and other images the color
    looks to intense and not natural.

We need more images!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Even with so little information what will inevitably happen is that, once the boots are identified, it will turn out they came from a previous season — or something — and are widely unavailable and yet someone here will have gotten his hands on them because he bought 5 different possibilities via eBay, Aliexpress, and Grailed to keep from missing out. (Of course now he's stuck with 4 of the wrong boots but no matter.) :))

Or the only pair available for the correct boot was three sizes too large so he engaged a cobbler to custom adjust his enormous pair to fit his feet. :)) :))

This is such a crazy hobby. But I have to toast the detectives and the obsessives. You make this fun. -{
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,269MI6 Agent
    "Of course now he's stuck with 4 of the wrong boots but no matter." :)) :)) :))
    “You make this fun”
    That was suppose to have a thumbs up emoji
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 403MI6 Agent
    I'm sitting on like five different types Barbour baseball caps right now so that really hit home. Especially as I'm not convinced any of them is the correct model.
    frommeyer wrote:
    I'm sitting on like five different types Barbour baseball caps right now so that really hit home. Especially as I'm not convinced any of them is the correct model.

Funny you should say that!

I bought the navy waxed cotton Barbour cap from Nordstrom in the US and from END in the UK, and there are subtle differences! The UK version is fully lined with Tartan and the profile seems closer to what Craig is wearing. But as you say, who knows? Both versions match the Graham nicely and I think that might be a key factor.

This also proves I am not immune from this particular obsession.
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 190MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

I bought the navy waxed cotton Barbour cap from Nordstrom in the US and from END in the UK, and there are subtle differences! The UK version is fully lined with Tartan and the profile seems closer to what Craig is wearing. But as you say, who knows? Both versions match the Graham nicely and I think that might be a key factor.

Can I ask how do Barbour baseball caps wear? I really want to give them a go, but my experience with waxed garments has made me skeptical of waxed cotton hat. When the mercury creeps up I find that waxed material makes me all clammy on my sleeves and body. Would a waxed baseball cap do the same to my noggin'?
    frommeyer wrote:

the backs all look wrong, don't they!
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

I feel partially responsible for your cap obsessions by initially suggesting Barbour after we first saw casual sailor Bond in that trailer...my sincerest apologies :))
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 299MI6 Agent
    just out of curiosity and i apologise if already covered do we know if any what cufflinks DG wears in No time to die
    frommeyer wrote:

Honestly the picture is so blurry I’m not sure what it shows, a fastener, a shadow, his Croakies tucked up there, or something added by costuming to keep the cap on Craig’s head when filming.

I’m just going by Occam’s razor. Barbour said they supplied a couple of items. The cap and the jacket match up wonderfully. It has the profile of the Barbour cap. Odds are, it’s the Barbour cap.

But if not I have a couple of useful all weather caps (my dad doesn’t know he’s getting one for Christmas).
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

Can I ask how do Barbour baseball caps wear? I really want to give them a go, but my experience with waxed garments has made me skeptical of waxed cotton hat. When the mercury creeps up I find that waxed material makes me all clammy on my sleeves and body. Would a waxed baseball cap do the same to my noggin'?

The cap doesn’t feel any different to me, but it’s not really made to wear when it’s hot since it doesn’t breathe. It’s foul weather gear.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 258MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    just out of curiosity and i apologise if already covered do we know if any what cufflinks DG wears in No time to die

From what we've seen so far, he only wears shirts with cocktail (TF) or button cuffs (BC in Matera). Unless there's some other shirt, this time no cufflinks
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 258MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    Yet another piece to add to the collection. After a very stressful research finally i've managed to find Q's shirt in MI6 scenes and character poster.
    It's the YMC London 'Celso Check Dean' shirt in blue. Firstly seen on 2019 collection, this checked shirt is - as one would presume - not available anymore.
    The shirt is described as " This Dean Shirt from You Must Create features an attractive celso multi check fabric that has been woven in Italy. It has a button down collar, single chest pocket and corozo buttons together with a gentle curved hem. It is a regular fit."

56% viscose, 22% cotton, 22% polyester
    Multi check fabric woven in Italy
    Button down collar
    Single chest pocket
    Corozo buttons

Retail price for 198 euros (here's a link via Farfetch in case it comes back in stock: https://modesens.com/product/ymc-you-must-create-ymc-celso-check-dean-hemd-blau-blue-12387282/)

YMC-Celso-check-Dean-shirt.png
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-Portrait-0011-1-Optimised-1296x1920-blk-wht-TT-NTTD-BEN-1000x1451-1.jpg
    vlcsnap-2020-09-01-18h41m58s652.png

Also worth noticing that Daniel Craig himself wore some time ago a YMC shearling coat while in New York (courtesy of @whatsdaniel wearing: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_C3larJF5i/)

93059645-218892289367179-2623121994783488688-n.jpg
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    Yet another piece to add to the collection. After a very stressful research finally i've managed to find Q's shirt in MI6 scenes and character poster.
    It's the YMC London 'Celso Check Dean' shirt in blue. Firstly seen on 2019 collection, this checked shirt is - as one would presume - not available anymore.
    The shirt is described as " This Dean Shirt from You Must Create features an attractive celso multi check fabric that has been woven in Italy. It has a button down collar, single chest pocket and corozo buttons together with a gentle curved hem. It is a regular fit."

56% viscose, 22% cotton, 22% polyester
    Multi check fabric woven in Italy
    Button down collar
    Single chest pocket
    Corozo buttons

Retail price for 198 euros (here's a link via Farfetch in case it comes back in stock: https://modesens.com/product/ymc-you-must-create-ymc-celso-check-dean-hemd-blau-blue-12387282/)

YMC-Celso-check-Dean-shirt.png
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-Portrait-0011-1-Optimised-1296x1920-blk-wht-TT-NTTD-BEN-1000x1451-1.jpg
    vlcsnap-2020-09-01-18h41m58s652.png

Also worth noticing that Daniel Craig himself wore some time ago a YMC shearling coat while in New York (courtesy of @whatsdaniel wearing: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_C3larJF5i/)

93059645-218892289367179-2623121994783488688-n.jpg

While Q's style is a bit "flamboyant" for my tastes, I love that you're finding this info. It would be interesting to hear from Suttirat (sp?) how these decisions were made for characters beside Bond.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 403MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

Honestly the picture is so blurry I’m not sure what it shows, a fastener, a shadow, his Croakies tucked up there, or something added by costuming to keep the cap on Craig’s head when filming.

I’m just going by Occam’s razor. Barbour said they supplied a couple of items. The cap and the jacket match up wonderfully. It has the profile of the Barbour cap. Odds are, it’s the Barbour cap.

But if not I have a couple of useful all weather caps (my dad doesn’t know he’s getting one for Christmas).

I have the same take. The hat(s) match the jacket so perfectly it's hard to dismiss them despite the problematic back strap. That split second of movement isn't enough to say one way or another.
    If anyone is interested in the same pattern but in a jacket there is this. Size Large available

https://www.article-london.com/products/ymc-bowie-zip-shirt-blue

7075-EEE2-CC99-492-C-B5-C2-E801-FD69-F91-F.png

I don’t care much for the shirt, but do like the tie he wears with this outfit, impossible to find
    I’m sure!
    Am I going mad or do these look like *another* pair of sunglasses? They don't look round...

more-sunglasses.jpg
    frommeyer wrote:

I have the same take. The hat(s) match the jacket so perfectly it's hard to dismiss them despite the problematic back strap. That split second of movement isn't enough to say one way or another.

Yes, the waxed cap would seem like the perfect choice given the jacket. But the mouth at the back is too small and the strap too broad for any of the Barbour caps I could see. DC might have a funny shaped head or it could be a tailored Barbour...
  • NoiNoi Posts: 488MI6 Agent
    Am I going mad or do these look like *another* pair of sunglasses? They don't look round...

more-sunglasses.jpg
    frommeyer wrote:

Yes, the waxed cap would seem like the perfect choice given the jacket. But the mouth at the back is too small and the strap too broad for any of the Barbour caps I could see. DC might have a funny shaped head or it could be a tailored Barbour...

the sunglasses (and the shirt) are still a mystery to me. On the production photos in Norway, it actually looks like the Vuarnet Edge 1613 (Gliders), but the glasses here look more like the Vuarnet 1615, I actually wanted to contact Vuarnet whether they provided the 1615 also, but I had always forgotten it
    Vuarnet.pngVuarnet2.jpg

They look much more suitable for everyday use than the 1613 in my eyes
    3.jpg
    Noi wrote:

more-sunglasses.jpg
    frommeyer wrote:

the sunglasses (and the shirt) are still a mystery to me. On the production photos in Norway, it actually looks like the Vuarnet Edge 1613 (Gliders), but the glasses here look more like the Vuarnet 1615, I actually wanted to contact Vuarnet whether they provided the 1615 also, but I had always forgotten it
    Vuarnet.pngVuarnet2.jpg

They look much more suitable for everyday use than the 1613 in my eyes
    3.jpg

I'm pretty certain the shirt is the Connolly Finnamore.

In terms of the sunglasses, I decided to buy the 1615s after trying the round ones (which made me look ridiculous). The 1615s are simply badass. They have everything great about the 1613s but in a style you can actually wear. Only Bond obsessives will notice that they're "wrong." You'll probably look a lot better, though, than if you went with the round ones. Few faces can pull those off. Craig barely does IMO.