No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 885MI6 Agent
    My standard Joes just arrived! So glad that I held out for the non-branded version. And I can't thank the guys from Chakshu for sorting them out.

IMG-9736.jpg

IMG-0039.jpg

Cheers, Christmas has come early...
    Noi wrote:
    apple8 wrote:
    Just ordered the last medium Max2 belt on Mr Porter, they wasn’t on there the other day so sold out quick.

Anyone received Standard Joe sunglasses from Chakshu yet? I preordered in December and their website still says Expected August 20!

I preordered the Standard Joes from them too and havent received mine yet so I contacted Chakshu last week ans asked if they have any information, this was their response:

"Yes, we have heard from them! The Barton Perreira Sales Director informed us that the sunglasses left from the US to Italy last Friday. They will need to go through customs, which can take a week or so. Once they have them in the warehouse in Italy, we generally will receive them within a week. We are very hopeful that we will have them soon.

We are so sorry you have been waiting for so long! Due to Covid-19 the factories in Japan were working at a reduced capacity, so there was a delay in Barton Perreira receiving them."

Fingers crossed for shipping before Christmas

Blair

Glad you liked them, as far as you know is the only difference the branding on the arms ? thanks
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,145MI6 Agent
    Yes- as far as I'm aware. I just couldn't bring myself to have the 007 logo, however discrete, on a pair of sunglasses. So I'm so glad that Barton Perreira agreed to make more in standard guise for us sticklers!

Thomo wrote:
    My standard Joes just arrived! So glad that I held out for the non-branded version. And I can't thank the guys from Chakshu for sorting them out.

IMG-9736.jpg

IMG-0039.jpg

Noi wrote:

I preordered the Standard Joes from them too and havent received mine yet so I contacted Chakshu last week ans asked if they have any information, this was their response:

"Yes, we have heard from them! The Barton Perreira Sales Director informed us that the sunglasses left from the US to Italy last Friday. They will need to go through customs, which can take a week or so. Once they have them in the warehouse in Italy, we generally will receive them within a week. We are very hopeful that we will have them soon.

We are so sorry you have been waiting for so long! Due to Covid-19 the factories in Japan were working at a reduced capacity, so there was a delay in Barton Perreira receiving them."

Fingers crossed for shipping before Christmas

Blair

Glad you liked them, as far as you know is the only difference the branding on the arms ? thanks
    Yes- as far as I'm aware. I just couldn't bring myself to have the 007 logo, however discrete, on a pair of sunglasses. So I'm so glad that Barton Perreira agreed to make more in standard guise for us sticklers!

Thomo wrote:

IMG-9736.jpg

IMG-0039.jpg

Blair

Thanks Blair - and sorry did your order directly from them or from a UK supplier - thanks
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,145MI6 Agent
    I ordered them from Chakshu, who have been brilliant.
    Thomo wrote:

Thomo wrote:

Blair

Thanks Blair - and sorry did your order directly from them or from a UK supplier - thanks
    Thanks for the tip Blair, ordered mine, they only had 3 pairs left so going fast I think. Cheers for your help
  • TBVTBV Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    No worries. They look great, and feel extremely well made and totally "the money"!
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,029MI6 Agent
    Hello all, to save me trawling through the threads, has the weapon belt Bond wears with the N Peal woolly pully been identified yet? I seem to recall the thigh weapon holster was ID’d, is this the same manufacturer? Thanks in advance!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    My Joes came today as well from Chakshu, I had the same hand written note as Blair, 10 months to arrive but they are fantastic, shame there’s no sun now!
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    Looks like Adidas has cancelled the Bond sneakers again? Was just looking at their “release dates” site and the shoe no longer shows up there.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 299MI6 Agent
    i have my BP Joes from Chaksu arrived yesterday, fantastic service.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 299MI6 Agent
    Bennett and Winch SC Holdall

Hi all i just wondered other than David (Bond Experience) has anyone else got the bag. If so how are they getting on with it, my concern is the bag big enough for me to travel to a military base for a course lasting 2 weeks. Need uniform which will go in the suit bag, then my Naval jumper, shoes, sports kit including trainers wash bag, towel and some t shirts. Any reviews will be greatly appreciated.
  • sw17sw17 Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:

Hi all i just wondered other than David (Bond Experience) has anyone else got the bag. If so how are they getting on with it, my concern is the bag big enough for me to travel to a military base for a course lasting 2 weeks. Need uniform which will go in the suit bag, then my Naval jumper, shoes, sports kit including trainers wash bag, towel and some t shirts. Any reviews will be greatly appreciated.

I have this bag, and I think it would be a bit small for two weeks, unless you're planning on doing laundry a few times. I can pack a suit, shoes, shirts, dopp kit, trousers, blouson, to last at most 5 days.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,725MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    shilton125 wrote:

No. It’s too small. It’s actually not that useful and tries to fit a niche that isn’t really there. Exceptionally well made and a concept that appears very useful at first glance. But when travelling, your suit gets the brunt of the knocks and drops and is a crease magnet as it isn’t kept as stabile as it would be inside a garment bag, suitcase, or even correctly folded inside a weekend bag. Bit of a gimmick really, OK for a casual wool blazer or sports jacket, but it’s really awful for a suit or jacket that creases easily.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    Are the possible Palladium boots the ones seen in the motorcycle movie poster??
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 64MI6 Agent
    Ok, so I just received three pairs of boots...

I like the Chocolate, and it could be them. The Burnt Ombré, I had high hopes for, but in the event, it’s a hard pass, just too orangey. I’m keeping the Major Brown ... although to be honest, they look more like khaki to me. But they fit a gap in my wardrobe, so happy to have an ‘inspired by’....

Regarding size, I went for my normal European size - out of the box, I thought they were going to be way too small, but in the end, they were fine, I guess it’s just the way they look...

Pictured on top of the RGT for color comparison...

2-CC3-B8-C8-D4-F8-4813-A21-D-B756-CCBDF591.jpg

936-B022-C-4-F6-D-4923-A63-A-69-A403-B27256.jpg
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,817MI6 Agent
    Think you've got most bases covered there. Surely it must be one of them.. :(
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • MrEMrE Can't be too careful Posts: 493MI6 Agent
    Technically, the palladium's could also be "Sunrise" or "forged iron".

It's a complete shot in the dark. Impossible to tell by the photos.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    And of course, the boots might never even be shown in the film, depending upon the angle of the shot(s). Just because we see the boots in the trailer doesn't mean we will have a look at them in the edited movie. Not every shot in a trailer makes it into the finished film.

I bought the C&J Radnors for Spectre because they appeared clearly in a promotional still and as part of the official movie line.

But in the film Bond shows up at Mr. White's house wearing the Danners! We never see the Radnors at all in Spectre.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,856MI6 Agent
    Yeah forgot about the Radnors not appearing - I was very close to buying them at the time. I think you only see him wearing them in the book photography inside Mr Whites house (Pinewood I presume). Guess he didnt pack them when going to Austria :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,269MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    And of course, the boots might never even be shown in the film, depending upon the angle of the shot(s). Just because we see the boots in the trailer doesn't mean we will have a look at them in the edited movie. Not every shot in a trailer makes it into the finished film.

I bought the C&J Radnors for Spectre because they appeared clearly in a promotional still and as part of the official movie line.

But in the film Bond shows up at Mr. White's house wearing the Danners! We never see the Radnors at all in Spectre.

C&J sold them as the JB choice.
    I find them very nice!
    apple8 wrote:
    My Joes came today as well from Chakshu, I had the same hand written note as Blair, 10 months to arrive but they are fantastic, shame there’s no sun now!

My Joes arrived today and a loverly little hand written note too, nice touch. As you said Blair they are the money. They are great. Just need some time and sunshine to give them a proper test drive.

Thanks to everyone for their help with this
  • JTMJTM Posts: 2,962MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

Really? Can you see the Danner's on screen?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,856MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

I think you get a tiny glimpse when he is walking up to the house
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 83MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

You certainly do, when he is stood at the door.

Spectre-Shoes.png
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused."
  • SecretAgentSecretAgent PDXPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Spectre-Shoes.png

I think you see the danner’s at the clinic as well
  • kaddkadd Posts: 887MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Spectre-Shoes.png

I think you also get a glimpse of the toe of the shoe when he picks up his Walther off the ground...after “finishing” his talk with Mr White...(trying to avoiding spoilers just in case)
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,557MI6 Agent
    BP Joes (standard) back in stock at Chakshu - if anyone missed them the first time around (which I did too busy buying the Vaurnet)

https://www.chakshu.co.uk/products/barton-perreira-joe-sunglasses-1

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 2,962MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Spectre-Shoes.png

Oh never realised those were the Danners, even when seeing that on the doorstep image in the past. Interesting.
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 303MI6 Agent
    Funny, I always thought he was wearing the C&J in this scene... You always learn something New :)
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    Has the sloop suit/motorcycle movie poster boot been identified? I really think it looks a lot like the palladium in chocolate. I’m nowhere near as good at identification as most of you but it looks close to me. It’s odd that he’s in the drakes in that scene though. Then mystery boot on the poster.