No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• cs007cs007 Posts: 77MI6 Agent

Hi everyone,

just wondering if the tie for the blue PoW NTTD suit had been confirmed yet please? The one worn with the blue shirt.

Thank you.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 250MI6 Agent

It seems the chaps at Langley have a penchant for Speedmaster watches. From the promotional character poster, you can barely glance at Billy Magnussen's wrist a brown leather strap with white seams and deployant metal clasp. Furthermore, the chronograph complications are distinctive of the '57 re-edition.

So I contacted Omega and they were so kind to send the exact reference: it's the SPEEDMASTER '57 ref. 331.12.42.51.03.001 (here's the link to the official website: https://www.omegawatches.com/it/watch-omega-speedmaster-57-co-axial-chronometer-chronograph-41-5-mm-33112425103001). A very interesting choice, I must say!

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    edited March 17
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 449MI6 Agent
    edited March 21

Hi there was a previous post (no 2241 of this thread) about the Astorflex version of the Drakes saying they were ostensibly the same shoe. Unfortunately with the new website it’s not possible to click on a specific post which had a reply button to go back to a prior post.

Anyhow I have managed to find the Astorflex in dark brown at a great price. With the code New20 you also get an extra 20% off so they only cost £104. If they are the same shoe as the Dukes then that’s £190 cheaper! Free postage as well in UK and they are the correct dark brown colour.

https://www.stuartslondon.com/astorflex-dukeflex-boots-dark-chestnut-p47756#attribute%5B1%5D=3587

• tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 193MI6 Agent

very close but not the same. Look at the stitching on the back of the shoe. Very close though and a good price.

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 449MI6 Agent

Hi sorry but what is difference on the stitching? Apparently these shoes are made in Italy for Dukes and they are the same shoe just relabelled?

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,549MI6 Agent

The word is that Astorflex made the Crosby for Drake's, but with some changes and slight upgrades to Drake's specifications. So the design is basically the same, but the Crosby is a better built shoe. Astorflex does the same thing for Huckberry with certain limited edition models and exclusives they run from time to time.

Having said all that, if you can get the Astorflex for that price in the dark brown, I say grab them! I have a pair and love them.

• BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 338MI6 Agent

Just ordered a guibbino. Anything I should tell Connolly before they send out my order?

Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • triple seventriple seven Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Too late...it's all downhill from there

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,091MI6 Agent

Speaking of Connolly, I purchased the Finamore shirt which was too small. Stefanie at Connolly said I could return it for the next size up. So I sent it back from the US. They sent me an email acknowledging receipt and promised to send my replacement shirt in a matter of weeks. That was close to two months ago.

Recently I've been emailing both Stefanie and a woman named Scarlett and not getting answers. For the moment I am out a shirt and the significant money I spent on it. I expect Connolly will make good, but it's frustrating. Unlike the Giobinno, the Finamore is not available on their site.

Is anyone in this same position? Does anyone have a connection at Connolly I can approach?

I have no contacts, but have you tried just calling them?

Cheverian,

Sounds to me like you were misled. Connolly only produced the exact number of orders that they received for that particular shirt. If it were me, I would start asking them for a refund.

That's my next move, but since I'm in the US I was trying to save myself the extra charge. I'm already out of pocket for the shipping to return the shirt.

It's a strange situation because Stefanie Sneddon said in an email there would be an extra run after that initial batch and so they took my new size to be sure to have one for me.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 269MI6 Agent

Not helpful just yet but as an observation April 12 is when non-essential retail comes out of Lockdown here. If still an issue then I walk passed the shop several times a week usually so happy to pop in if still an issue. DM if so.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 250MI6 Agent

I think haven't posted it yet. Here's the sandals Madeleine wears while in Matera with Bond: Castañer 'Chiarita' espadrilles wedge sandals. For more info, go and read the very detailed article by Remmert (https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/casta%C3%B1er-chiarita-espadrilles-wedge-sandals).

Plus, a little bonus. Don't think they will appear in the final cut (but, who knows?!), but from some BTS Léa Seydoux wears a pair of Maryam Nassir Zadeh black patent leather 'Palm high' sandals with her Rouge Gabin dress. The triangular shaped strap is particularly evident here

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,129Chief of Staff

Even more amazing detective work 😳🍸

YNWA 96

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I got in Contact with Connolly, Stephanie to be more specific.

The ConnollyxFinamore shirts are all gone with no plans of a second run any time soon.

Hope you get your refund.

• knoxj3knoxj3 Posts: 15MI6 Agent

I received my replacement buttons from Connolly and they seem small/the wrong color. Has anyone found other buttons that they used on the Giubbino jacket?

• TheBondFanTheBondFan Posts: 5MI6 Agent

I'm considering purchasing the Connolly jacket, but am worried about the fit. If you don't mind saying, how much do they charge to ship a return with the included label? (I'm in the US as well)

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,549MI6 Agent
    edited March 28

Hi guys,

Just a quick PSA: it looks like Thread.com has the Connolly jacket on sale for $483 and they have free shipping and free returns within 100 days. But they only have size large and XL in stock

I'm honestly not sure if that's the "screen accurate" jacket or not with regards to buttons ...

Cheers!

John

Edit to add: @SiCo just a suggestion, but maybe you could set the links to automatically open in a new tab? That way people don't have to navigate back to the forum after they click on something here.

I seem to recall it was somewhere between $25 and $30 via USPS.

FWIW I finally got a response from Connolly, but it took nudging. My shirt is on the way!

I see, thank you. I decided to order a large from Thread, so if it's too big, I'll go for the medium from Connelly. No return shipping costs that way.

Glad to hear you're getting the shirt after all!

The fit on the Giubbino (which I also own) is funky! And we still don’t have a great sense of how it fits Craig since we’re working off clips and stills. If you were torn between large and a medium, I can just about guarantee that you’ll be happier with the larger size. I wish I’d gone up.

edited March 29

I have a pretty short torso, and a near 40 chest, so I'm assuming a medium is probably the better fit, but with all the people needing to size up, I'm not quite sure I'm ready to potentially spend near a hundred bucks on round trip shipping. Plus, I am tall, so my long arms need longer sleeves. Also, I've been seeing here that this run of the jackets runs small. Hopefully the large is perfect and I won't need to send it back and place an order with Connolly, as I've read here that the customer service isn't always good.

If you have long arms and are tall, (over 5'10) you probably need a size XL, maybe even a XXL, the jacket is very short and the arms are cut short as well.

I really hope not, because then it'll definitely be too wide in the shoulders. If the large is too short in the arms, I think it just wasn't meant to be haha.

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 79MI6 Agent

I really hope that Erin Benach gets the gig as the next costume designer. I haven't even seen NTTD and Suttirat has outstayed her background.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 294MI6 Agent

I'm pretty happy with the way the replacement buttons look. I just had them changed by my tailor, here's the result: