No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    So I was at the Tom Ford London boutique on Friday afternoon (was trying to catch up with David Zaritsky and his gang on their London tour). Anyway, saw a suit that had just been delivered to the store a few days ago, now this is the caveat, this is not officially confirmed as the same suit that DC wears in the London M scenes, but from the pics it looks very close:

a60ed698-3131-4d27-896c-a621949eb278-GTY_1151040977_1.jpg?width=1080&quality=50

1169.jpg

1168.jpg

Also, following Tailors with Love podcast on the suit, and its comparison with the glen plaid suit from FRWL, got me thinking. Below is my take on the suit using the Goldfinger glen plaid suit from Anthony Sinclair, and using the navy blue tie from Spectre to try and recreate the suit, it's close (minus the tie clip):

1170.jpg

1171.jpg

I will admit that the Tom Ford Prince of Wales check is far more prominent than the Anthony Sinclair, but nonetheless a good close alternative.

Any ID on the tie? Looks like the one from Spectre to me. -{

New collection
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    We got a new pair of sunglasses. Those are definitely not the Vuarnets... B-)

2849-B5-DE-0191-432-B-B018-642-F336-A6-C4-C.jpg

2968-FF26-AF57-42-EE-91-F4-76-A928-D35893.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    These are getting plenty of use so far this summer.
    Vuarnet-B25.jpg

even the neck holder looks spot on, do they come with the vuarnets? hgehe
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    these look Lit!
    hope we can identify them soon

Yes i did ride the CAT
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Look to me like Barton Perreira Heptone. Current collection. Photos attached :)

900098-DC-1-D59-4698-BB6-D-A2406-CCCBB71.jpg
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Close! The correct sunglasses will be posted on @whatsdanielwearing soon
    sruzgar wrote:

If you have the information why not share it straight away? Not saying this in a negative or argumentative manner, legitimately just wondering?

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited June 2019
    sruzgar wrote:

If you have the information why not share it straight away? Not saying this in a negative or argumentative manner, legitimately just wondering?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzWDD2zg2g0/

Same manufacturer, but different model than shown above. -{

EDIT: After exploring the BP website, I don't think it's the Joe model as suggested on WDW. The Joe is optical only while the Heptone are sunglasses. I think it's the Heptone as mentioned by SevenD earlier here.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Seems they‘re sold out... :#

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:

EDIT: After exploring the BP website, I don't think it's the Joe model as suggested on WDW. The Joe is optical only while the Heptone are sunglasses. I think it's the Heptone as mentioned by SevenD earlier here.

Joe are also sunglasses. Black version sold out
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

When I do a search on the website the Joe doesn't show as a model available as sunglasses; only as optical?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

When I do a search on the website the Joe doesn't show as a model available as sunglasses; only as optical?

They are not sold on the website. They are an older model but are still made in optical and sunglasses per an employee.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    sruzgar wrote:

It’s so some people can try and buy them before they are publicly identified and sell out.

Which I have absolutely no issue with at all -{
    YNWA 97
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    SevenD wrote:
    Look to me like Barton Perreira Heptone. Current collection. Photos attached :)

900098-DC-1-D59-4698-BB6-D-A2406-CCCBB71.jpg

I know we don’t know what will appear on onscreen for the movie but is it unusual that for potential same scene and same outfit that Bond would be wearing two different sunglasses?

Looks like the Vuarnets below to me

A68-DAF3-C-3532-4-C67-9-EFE-47-A70-E177504.jpg
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    edited June 2019
    Does Bond definitely wear the Vuarnets onscreen in the film? He's got them on his neck in the speargun bit, hasn't he?
    The confusion is the Vuarnets are worn both personally and in the film by DC.

Bond appears to wear them in Jamaica (see boat scene and also latest teaser whilst walking past the window with Speargun)

Today it appears he was pictured wearing them when he arrived on set in his jeans / shirt etc and also later on set when talking to people.

However it appears when the cameras rolled he swapped to the Bartons.

So both appears in the movie but today the Vuarnets appear to have been worn before the cameras rolled (personally)
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The confusion is the Vuarnets are worn both personally and in the film by DC.

Bond appears to wear them in Jamaica (see boat scene and also latest teaser whilst walking past the window with Speargun)

Today it appears he was pictured wearing them when he arrived on set in his jeans / shirt etc and also later on set when talking to people.

However it appears when the cameras rolled he swapped to the Bartons.

So both appears in the movie but today the Vuarnets appear to have been worn before the cameras rolled (personally)

Ah...makes sense. Interesting stuff!
    Either Craig really likes those Vuarnets or he's not trusted with the Bartons when the filming stops! :))

I hope the Vuarnets do make it to the film (as they appear to); they're really nice.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Tf fabric code OR5405
    Its out of availability at present due to the order Eon placed

Would they now hold off the fabric becoming available again until the "B25" collection is released or just bring it back as a regular fabric option before then?
    emtiem wrote:
    Either Craig really likes those Vuarnets or he's not trusted with the Bartons when the filming stops! :))

Yeah, Craig removing the Bartons after the scene for another pair he's previously worn is stopping me a little from a potential purchase—might wait for some other member reviews :)
    nobody wrote:

It was definitely SBS. Vesper quips “former SAS types,” but the official backstory drilled down on that.
    I must admit, being American, that I've never heard of SBS. You learn something new every day...

Essentially the British version of the US SEALs. Reaaaally hoping we get a short scene with Bond in his uniform, a bit of a shoutout to his Navy/SBS days for Craig's last one.
    I don't think you will see him in Uniform as I don't think he is “on duty” for the entire film
  • theartisttheartist Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Has anyone identified the tie clip?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    J
    "Would they now hold off the fabric becoming available again until the "B25" collection is released or just bring it back as a regular fabric option before then?"

ts part of the mtm fabrics so will prob just come back. But im with Warren next week so will ask and also going to get to look at each fabric EON took away...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    I contacted my optician in Munich and they got in touch with Barton Perreira. Unfortunately the Joe sunglasses are from previous season and are not produced any more. Only the optical version. I searched the web for hours but could not find a single pair available.
    hthomas wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

They are not sold on the website. They are an older model but are still made in optical and sunglasses per an employee.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I wonder if this film will cause another momentary spike in tab collar shirt sales like Skyfall did.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Absolutely surprised it's not Tom Ford again when it comes to sunglasses
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

Not even they have power over what Daniel Craig chooses to wear. Craig is the one calling all the shots now.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

Not even they have power over what Daniel Craig chooses to wear. Craig is the one calling all the shots now.

I'm not even surprised, Tom Ford's quality isn't as good - I have three pairs now, one broken because it broke during cleaning (too much pressure on one lens and the bridge gave up). Never happened with my Persols which compared to TF's acetate feel like they're bulletproof.
  • Msadd007Msadd007 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    These are getting plenty of use so far this summer.
    Vuarnet-B25.jpg

Are the croakies you're wearing confirmed as screen accurate?
    Msadd007 wrote:
    Are the croakies you're wearing confirmed as screen accurate?

I didn't know that's what they're called: you learn something every day! :)