Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Looks like Craig won't have too much of a break after the NTTD craziness has died down—apparently a Knives Out sequel focusing on his character has officially been green-lit with "a production start...imminent". I believe this is the first time, apart from Bond, that he's reprised a character.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/knives-out-sequel-official-rian-johnson-1202853566/

If only he could keep Ana de Armas as his Watson
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Knives Out is Craig's first hit since he started doing the Bond films. Craig, who will not be remembered as the "chucklefest" Bond ironically seems to have a knack for comedic roles. Looks like Craig will have a good post Bond career. Still would very much like to see EON get Craig and Jackman back together to do a film adaptation of A Steady Rain. Might even be good vehicle for Fukunaga to do the screen adaptation and direct.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Modern Hollywood never saw a hit that it didn’t turn into a sequel. Even a self-styled auteur like Rian Johnson can’t resist the allure. I still haven’t seen Knives Out, but every single person I’ve talked to who has watched it loved it. Will be interesting to see if they can capture that lighting in the bottle a second time.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,788MI6 Agent
    Hollywood even wanted sequels to "Thelma & Louise" and "Gladiator"! :))
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    Hollywood even wanted sequels to "Thelma & Louise" and "Gladiator"! :))

I can just imagine 'Thelma & Louise: The Freefall'. A spectacular collection of flashbacks and reminiscences as the Thunderbird plunges into the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
    I don't remember the pitch for Gladiator II, but they had to really use their imaginations to before they even started on the script.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    B3-E7-C4-B4-8662-4685-8-BE7-C474365-DEE19.jpg

First german magazine to feature NTTD. B-)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    AugustWalker Nice, cheers for that.
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't remember the pitch for Gladiator II, but they had to really use their imaginations to before they even started on the script.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180810-gladiator-2-was-written-and-its-mad

KNIVES OUT is in the vein of an Agatha Christie mystery (though with a very postmodern angle), so it's going to lend itself extremely well to being a series.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,543MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:

Wow.
    I'd imagine the words between Bond and Madeleine signify some sort of code phrase to agree that the pre-planned escape has to happen.

I don't quite understand what Safin meant by saying he'd made Bond redundant. Is it assassins are redundant because peoples' skills can live on after their death? It's also a bit mystifying as to how this links with the biological warfare angle that has been reported.

Oops I wrote the above before I realised this wasn't the spoiler thread, so I've put it in a spoiler box. Oops!!!
    What's written on the note?
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    I never know where to post something like that, I'm not so into those Forum-Rules sorry, next time in the spoiler-thread?
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,932MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    What's written on the note?
    it looks like
    Forgive Me
  • John Francis KennedyJohn Francis Kennedy South lanarkshire, ScotlandPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    Maybe we’ll get to hear the theme song shortly?..

God I hope it’s called ‘no time to die’ !! :D
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I've been thinking about posting something for a while and as we are nearing the release of NTTD now seems the perfect opportunity.

I know from reading various posts on these forums over the years, that Daniel Craig is a bit of a Marmite Bond (for the non-Brits see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MfV0yA7bck) but I have to say I have really grown very fond of him during his tenure.

DC has been Bond since I was in my early 20's, so much of my influential growing up and although I have been a Bond fan for much longer it was really when DC came in that I started to connect to the movies more.

His less comical or even cheesy portrayal of Bond was for me a breath of fresh air. I do feel like he has owned the character right from the get go. He has, I believe, the authority on screen for the character especially in this more gritty Bond era. I do hope they get a Brit in to replace him (no offence intended but that's the way it should be in my eyes).

Whether they continue with the same style of Bond I'm not sure I really can't think of anyone as yet who I think would compare or who I'm going to look forward to discussing what Bond clothes they are wearing etc.

Who's to say if Barbara even wants a comparable Bond in the next iteration, as long as the big bucks continue to roll in I suppose?

Whether you are fan of DC or not, we're all here discussing his movies, clothes and gadgets. I think he's done a terrific job and I will be very sad to see him leave the franchise after this movie.
    "Cheesy" ?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Well looks like Eilish isn't doing the Bond theme at the Oscars—she's singing "Yesterday" during the In Memorium segment.
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    "Cheesy" ?

Are you asking as you don’t know what it means or that you wish for further clarification on why I think this?
    Very slow rendition of Yesterday by Bilie Eilish at the Oscars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmqtaxIS3Y
    So, Spectre had seven TV spots, six 30 second and one one minute spot. If NTTD follows the same pattern (admittedly unlikely after the way the marketing campaign has gone so far) we can potentially expect five more TV spots after the two recent ones;

Everything changes (Super Bowl) (30 sec)
    This is it. (Oscars) (30 sec)

Or is it three? Does the social media-only (so far) Q teaser count? It has been approved by the BBFC.

The SPECTRE spots were;
    Just Getting Started (30 sec)
    Spectre The Organisation (30 sec)
    My World (30 sec)
    Overdue (30 sec)
    Revenge (30 sec)
    Bond Is Back(30 sec)
    Spectre (1 min)
    I discuss them here https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/965151/#p965151
    HowardB wrote:
    "Cheesy" ?

Are you asking as you don’t know what it means or that you wish for further clarification on why I think this?

Both. I understand cheesy as loosely defined in USA speak...but it could mean something different elsewhere.
    I know what Marmite is (I've actually tasted Vegemite)....and that's definitely a tough one for one who was not raised on it. :))
    https://twitter.com/007/status/1226913722100322308?s=20

Dali Benssalah confirmed as Primo.
    Billy Magnussen confirmed as Ash, and we have his first name, Logan.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Is the Oscar tv spot out there for viewing yet in high quality?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    edited February 2020
    Someone wrote:
    Very slow rendition of Yesterday by Bilie Eilish at the Oscars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmqtaxIS3Y

It was a lovely heartfelt rendition during the memorial for actors/people in the film industry who passed that was fitting of the moment.
    Unfortunately, as the images of those who passed were shown on the screen, many in the audience didn't have the sense to understand you do not applaud during a memorial. It was even more unfortunate for the families and friends of those who did not receive applause. People are just really lacking in manners and common sense these days.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,702MI6 Agent
    They always do that, don’t they? I don’t think they were applauding their deaths :D
    Billie Eilish teaser for her Bond song? Sort of a ballad?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ar8NRF7ox/?igshid=1mw92d2xlh1d7
    It's possible, and it sounds really good.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    :)) I saw this and thought 'ah, sooooo close...'
    Someone wrote: