Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    People that are NOT on the list are MORE than welcome to jump aboard and email Luigi... -{
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    All done getting twitchy now :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
    Emailed Luigi -{
    The Proto type is in my hands and I will be doing some fit pictures and also try to do a short video. Just as a heads up, and they warned me about this, the polo that they sent is in the correct fabric but in a different color than the final one will be. It is a muted pink color but of course the original will be the correct dark navy. Just didn’t want anyone to be shocked when I saw pictures. Most importantly he does have that bell cut and swing that I was telling everybody about which I will try to capture in the video.

Quick snap to whet the appetite:
    0_A636_D9_E-_A4_A9-4048-_B3_AE-4678_A1855_F3_C.jpg
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited July 2018
    The shirt looks great! I was thinking the lighter color would allow one to better review the details of the shirt and to see any errors.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    The Proto type is in my hands and I will be doing some fit pictures and also try to do a short video. Just as a heads up, and they warned me about this, the polo that they sent is in the correct fabric but in a different color than the final one will be. It is a muted pink color but of course the original will be the correct dark navy. Just didn’t want anyone to be shocked when I saw pictures. Most importantly he does have that bell cut and swing that I was telling everybody about which I will try to capture in the video.

Quick snap to whet the appetite:
    0_A636_D9_E-_A4_A9-4048-_B3_AE-4678_A1855_F3_C.jpg

Thank you Mantis for the information and pics.
    I'm worried about the bell cut...
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited July 2018
    Dbl post
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    The bell cut will work fine, provided the length is cut short... Otherwise we'll all look like the twirly dancers from Spectre pts

spectre-image-sam-mendes-700x300.jpg

I have a small list of tweaks for TF....and will post the vid soon. The "bell" is not obvious or pronounced when worn BUT as I mention in the past is very screen accurate...
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    Any chance you can shoot a side by side comparison with your SU blue one?
    TF has the blue one, but it would be moot anyway. The prototype is to be used for me to comment on changes which I have already provided TF. Things like length of placket, length of shirt itself, size of pocket, and bringing in the side seams. Then they will make changes and have a head to head comparison. I know it’s a bit of a process but there is always back and forth with these things. I won’t let the project truly move forward unless it’s correct.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Nice video.

I half expected you to explain the prototype's pink color by saying,"To show how not to wash an expensive item, we've subjected this once blue Tom Ford polo to undiluted chlorine bleach."
  • I'm not sure if the placket is spot on or not, pretty sure the second button is unbuttoned in Haiti though which may change it's appearance.

I think you're right that the overall length should be shorter, especially if that is a 48.

After watching the scene where bond breaks into the hotel room, I noticed that the sleeves hit further down on the bicep, at first I thought the sleeve length needed to be longer, but it could be that the shoulders need to be wider, both adjustments would result in the appearance of slightly longer sleeves. This polo had more of a relaxed classic fit, like the cardigan, and the Harrington as was Tom Ford's fashion trend in 2007. It doesn't strike me as slim fit at all when I watch the movie. (Other than the sleeves hugging Craig's biceps) But let's face it, the guy has big arms.
    I wish TF could do the waist narrower.
    It doesn't look so wide on DC's pic...
    edited July 2018
    The instructions TF has been given is to shorten the placket, smaller pocket, shorten total length AND take in side seam on the waist.
    This proto has also now had measurements of each aspect compared to make sure it is as screen accurate as possible. Also, I will state that this is a 48 and I believe I would take a 46 ultimately in this polo...just as a note, I am a 46 in the TF Harrington so it seems there will be a correlation with the size of your jacket and the size of your polo....but let's not go down the size rabbit hole yet until we get all the details perfect.
  • Impressive work Mr Zaritsky. Way to stay at it!
    The Mantis wrote:
    The instructions TF has been given is to shorten the placket, smaller pocket, shorten total length AND take in side seam on the waist.
    This proto has also now had measurements of each aspect compared to make sure it is as screen accurate as possible. Also, I will state that this is a 48 and I believe I would take a 46 ultimately in this polo...just as a note, I am a 46 in the TF Harrington so it seems there will be a correlation with the size of your jacket and the size of your polo....but let's not go down the size rabbit hole yet until we get all the details perfect.

Thank you very much Mantis!
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Thank you Mantis! Just jumping back on the forum after some harrowing months and this was fantastic to see!
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear you’ve been having a rough time, Erick. Hope that all’s better now. Welcome back!
    Sorry to hear you’ve been having a rough time, Erick. Hope that all’s better now. Welcome back!

Thanks so much Blair! I really appreciate it. Yes, things are back to normal for the most part, and, in fact, looking up -- we have baby #2 on the way in November (meaning it'd be really good to get this polo squared away before then!) :))
    Congratulations, brother!

Thanks! Going to be interesting!
    Gents, some dissapointing news...only 23 of you that said yes to the shirts have emailed Luigi. Thats only half of the 'committed' amount....if you have had a change of mind just say so but we do need to close the gap on this soon.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Im guilty been crazy at work - emailing now!

Update: email sent -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Mine went first day!!! Luigi has it -{

Danka, brother....
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im guilty been crazy at work - emailing now!

Update: email sent -{
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    Emailed Luigi yesterday. {[] Looking forward to this project being produced just like the Harrington jacket one was a success.
This discussion has been closed.