The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Well that remains to be seen, but similar to Scotland, the politicians love to force their own agenda above the dictatorial nature of the vote.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I really do think that Politicians world wide have become more stupid. I don't think
    It's beyond the wit of man, to come up with a solution. If there is some concessions
    On both sides. Instead of putting up walls of intransigence.
    We are having an example!e of it in my own country where each side seems to be going
    Out of their way to be offended by the other side :# sometimes Politicians can be such
    Children.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    In which case we should fetch them a clip to the ear and send them to the naughty step.
    It is not beyond the wit of Man but it is beyond man's abstinence I fear.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I am on a cruiseship full with Americans and being approached several times per day* by people telling me how much they appreciate Mrs. Merkel and her politics and leadership

*you wonder how they know that I am german? I am wearing a football jersey - with matching luminous colored trainers - of course ;)
    And btw, it's not a lesbian-gay cruise before anyone asks....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Well that remains to be seen, but similar to Scotland, the politicians love to force their own agenda above the dictatorial nature of the vote.

I‘ve been away from news for some days, but would like to offer a different opinion:

The „referendum“about leaving Spain was an illegal one -which means that it motivated more the „revolutionary“groups to vote than the moderate people that want to stay.

So we should be careful with interpretations about the outcome, I am hearing that a silent majority of around 60% of the Catalonians still want to stay.

Parliament is to discuss devolution for Yorkshire. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,788MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I‘ve been away from news for some days, but would like to offer a different opinion:

The „referendum“about leaving Spain was an illegal one -which means that it motivated more the „revolutionary“groups to vote than the moderate people that want to stay.

So we should be careful with interpretations about the outcome, I am hearing that a silent majority of around 60% of the Catalonians still want to stay.

First of all: where is the cruise? Are you in any danger of being hit by a hurricane?
    The referendum was illegal, but few countries have laws that open up for referendums to leave. Strange that. The UK was simply broad-minded enough to all of it anyway. The stay majority us at about 60%, but they are hardly silent. Pro-unity demonstrations have been held in several cities, including a huge one in Barcelona.
    edited October 2017
    El Mundo (Madrid based newspaper, second biggest in Spain) believes Catalonia will declare itself independent tomorrow.

Only 43% of Catalonia's population voted in the referendum and polls say 58-60% want to stay in Spain.
    In the regional parliament a small majority of 72 of 135 want independence.
    It also looks like many of the pro-unity protesters in Barcelona were bussed in from other parts of Spain.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Illegal vote or not the people were peacefully voting. They were not fighting with the police or forcing the police to act with violence. There can never be any excuse for such as this.
    As I said, there are many ways the Spanish government could have treated this vote but ordering violence against peaceful peoples is not one of them. I am shamed to think that this has gone without being condemned. The first step on the slope downwards has been taken without any one bothering to take notice.
    I agree. People who are voting should never be beaten by the police.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,554Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    I am on a cruiseship full with Americans and being approached several times per day* by people telling me how much they appreciate Mrs. Merkel and her politics and leadership

*you wonder how they know that I am german? I am wearing a football jersey - with matching luminous colored trainers - of course ;)

I hope it’s not the same cruise my parents are on :o they boarded in Hong Kong :o
    :p
    YNWA 97
    edited October 2017
    The president of the US is considering using IQ-testing himself and his foreign Secretary of State after Tillerson may have called Trump an idiot.
    Trump is so incredibly presidential!
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    In England they call them bangers.
    :v
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,554Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    The president of the US is considering using IQ-testing himself and his foreign Secretary of State after Tillerson may have called Trump an idiot.

He didn’t call Trump an idiot - he called him a “fvcking moron” :))
    YNWA 97
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Big difference!
    Those with IQs between 51 and 70 were called morons. Morons had adequate learning skills to complete menial tasks and communicate. Imbeciles, with IQs between 26 and 50, never progressed past a mental age of about six. And the lowest of all were the idiots, with IQs between 0 and 24, who were characterized by poor motor skill, extremely limited communication, and little response to stimulus.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/15962/idiot-vs-moron-whats-difference
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I only read national newspapers before I posted, and it turns out there is no direct translation of "**** moron" :))

Quarreling about who's a fvcking moron and suggesting IQ tests to settle the score with your Secretary of State is just what Obama, Bush, Reagan, Kennedy or any other president would do, isn't it?
    No, it isn't. Regardless of our political views I think we must try to remember that this kind of behavior isn't normal, presidential or good.
    The Spanish government is preparing to remove all regional autonomy in Catalonia and rule the region directly. The Constitution lets them do this, but is it smart and practical in the long run?
    Robert Mugabe has been made goodwill ambasador for WHO. If you don't know who he is, I can tell you he's Zimbabwe's long time dictator. I think the UN is a great organisation, but sometimes they do ridicolous things :o
    Matt S wrote:
    Those with IQs between 51 and 70 were called morons. Morons had adequate learning skills to complete menial tasks and communicate. Imbeciles, with IQs between 26 and 50, never progressed past a mental age of about six. And the lowest of all were the idiots, with IQs between 0 and 24, who were characterized by poor motor skill, extremely limited communication, and little response to stimulus.

Definitely using that.
    I am just reading about Theresa May‘s act in front of the EU Leaders.

1.The well known 20 mrd. Euros offer is a joke for the 2 years transition period as it only reflects the membership fee for that time.
    Like Mr. Juncker said:
    28 people order a beer at a pub and one is leaving and does not want to pay.

2.An italian politician made it short: we may not sell Parmigiano ham to one country anymore, but the UK don‘t realize that they won‘t sell Gin to 27 countries.

3.The common theory is that the EU is playing hardball with the UK to scare off others that may want to do the same thing.
    Question is, why would someone do the same -jumping out of an open window ;)

I think, that it‘s about time that some leaders come to their senses and I have the feeling that May won‘t last for very long ( I am quite surprised that she‘s still in the chair just because everybody is scared that Corbyn may take over).

Matt S wrote:

Ok, I have to reverse my comments now about Asp9mm where I was calling him a moron.
    As it turns out, he‘s an inbecile.

But he‘s still an idiot if that counts :D

Matt S wrote:

Definitely using that.

The word "idiot" comes from the Greek "idiotis", meaning someone without interests in politics. True story.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

The word "idiot" comes from the Greek "idiotis", meaning someone without interests in politics. True story.
    Trump-? :o
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Number24 wrote:

I should know ;) ;).
    Just goes to show how knowledgable you are 24!
    Today it goes further than that and "idiotes" refers to people who work in the private sector as opposed to the public sector (eg. government).
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41702662
    On the good news front, that well known humanitarian
    Robert Mugabe has been made a World Health
    Organisation good will ambassador :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,281Chief of Staff
    Isn't that a little strange? How did that happen??!!
    chrisisall wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Trump-? :o

No, not Trump. In his case the problem is that he HAS taken an interest in politics.....
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I have been writing this since Number 24 first made his post. I have written this on notepad and taken much time in the hope of editing out my own language mistakes.

I thank Number 24 for first posting this, but I am making a statement only and will not comment further.

Let me give you all a brief lesson about Robert Gabriel Mugabe. After coming to power in what we all now know was a rigged election in 1980, he has presided over the collapse of Zimbabwe. He is a racist of the highest order - please do not think only white people can be racist because if you do you fool only yourself. Here are just two of his quotes about white people.
    "The only white man you can trust is a dead white man."
    "Our party must continue to strike fear in the heart of the white man, our real enemy."
    He and his regime have overseen many crimes, not only against the white man, but his own people, the same people he is supposed to represent. In between 1983 and 1987 the ZNA 5 brigade carried out a war of terror against his tribal and political rivals. This cost the lives of more than 50,000 civilians.
    He destroys any opposition by murder, torture, beatings, rape and imprisonment.
    He and his officials have plundered the resources of Zimbabwe, stealing many billions of US dollars for themselves.
    He has destroyed the infrastructure of the country and created hopelessness, famine and desperation in what was a rich country.

As for the World Health Organisation, Mugabe has destroyed the Zimbabwe health service, so what he should bring to his new role is only to be guessed at.

Still, for many, it is always better to make cheap jokes about Donald Trump than to look to real criminal leaders. I suppose it is only Africa, so it does not really matter.
    Robert Mugabe represents the most disgusting, evil, corrupt and self-centered elite that are responsible for making their own people‘s lifes worse and worse.

Announcing him as an embassador for the WHO is so wrong on all levels -I wonder who came up with that idea. They should never get a job in the UN organisation anymore X-(

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Robert Mugabe represents the most disgusting, evil, corrupt and self-centered elite that are responsible for making their own people‘s lifes worse and worse.

Announcing him as an embassador for the WHO is so wrong on all levels -I wonder who came up with that idea. They should never get a job in the UN organisation anymore X-(
    Yep. X-(
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
This discussion has been closed.