The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,765MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    US attorney general William Barr now says the Department of Justice has not found evidence of wide spread election fraud that could change the outcome. Barr should update his CV and start looking for a new job ASAP :))

Barr left Trump's cabin et today :v
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    It looks like there will be a no-deal Brexit, or "Australia-style" deal.

Australia style deal??
    It's an expression the British PM uses about a no deal Brexit to make it sound better.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    It looks like there will be a no-deal Brexit, or "Australia-style" deal.

Australia style deal??

Exactly: It‘s just a kind word for no deal or trade agreement at all - and may I add, that Australia is currently trying to get a trade deal with the EU because they want to improve the current status.

So, it‘s basically like saying that Asp9mm‘s brain has the size of Australia :D
    Or that he has an Australian taste in clothing and watches

You get the idea :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I just picked up "Rage", Bob Woodward 's Trump biography, at the library. Should be interesting.
    Number24 wrote:
    I just picked up "Rage", Bob Woodward 's Trump biography, at the library. Should be interesting.

Woodward interviewed a lot of Trump's administration, including Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats:
    From the book:

Coats began to belive Trump was impervious to facts. Trump had his own facts: Nearly everyone was an idiot, and almos every country was ripping off the United States. The steady stream of ranting was delibitating. The tension was never abated, and Coats would not bend facts to suit the President's preconseptions or desires. Coats was shocked: "Trump was on another page than just about anything I believed in."
    Alexander Navalny landed a major coup today.

He managed to call one of the 8 FSB suspects (Konstantin Kudrjawzew) who admitted many details of the Novichock attack against Navalny - assuming that he was speaking with one of Putin‘s assistants.

This is as much a smoking gun as you can get!
    Well done - also to the Bellingcat team ( supported by Der Spiegel) who worked for weeks on the story!

Putin had a big Q & A session a few days ago. When asked if Russia is behind the assassination attempt on Navalyny he denied it. But he added: "If we had done it we would have carried it through" and smiled coldly. A world leader behaving like mafia boss :#
    Hmmm, a country leader behaving like a Mafia Boss.
    Pretty sure that we will never see this in the democratic civilized world :v

Well, I don't think Trump behaves like a mob don. He reminds me more of 12 year old bully.
    Finally proof of mail voter fraud in November has been found! A man in Pennsylvania has admited to using his dead mother's identity to get one extra vote.
    The man voted for Trump :)) :)) :))
    edited December 2020
    I'd like to congratulate the UK and EU with finally agreeing on Brexit deal. Not a day too early, but hopefully it'll work well out for all involved :)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,217Chief of Staff
    Well, we'll see about that. We live in interesting times.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    T'is a Christmas miracle, Santa's
    Elves must have been spreading the
    Fairy dust around the politicians and
    Bureaucrats to make them play nice. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

This is the most likely explanation.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

Not happening here in the US. :#
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,155MI6 Agent
    So the Brexit deal has finally been done, I wonder who will be next? :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Who knows maybe 2021 will be the year Understanding and compromise break out ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

On Brexit, I just had to fill out an online insurance form to get a " Green card " so I
    can drive in the Irish Republic. Can't wait until I'm stopped at customers to produce
    my papers :D or ......... Just drive through my Wife's family farm, as the Border runs
    through it :)) ..... no papers needed
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

I certainly didn't vote for Brexit, but that article comes across as very bitter - and full of inaccuracies. French Oysters? :o Perish the thought, our native oysters are the best in the world. And I think the author somewhat missed the point.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    edited December 2020
    Speaking about missing the point....

....If the Oysters are the detail that sticks most with you :)) :)) :))

Never been to Normandy or the Bretagne?
    France produces roughly 125.000 tons of Oysters, the UK roughly 800....

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

I certainly didn't vote for Brexit, but that article comes across as very bitter - and full of inaccuracies. French Oysters? :o Perish the thought, our native oysters are the best in the world. And I think the author somewhat missed the point.

I agree. I didn't vote for Brexit either but this article just reads as a toddler throwing tantrum.

The writer sounded a bit deranged to be honest. I'm not sure why they were going on about oysters. No ones give a monkey's about oysters. The French closing the crossing down like they did was ridiculous and other European countries were less than impressed that they did it.

I'm sick of the ridiculous articles and scaremongering going on. Today it was all about travel insurance and phone tariffs. I personally don't know anyone who totally relies on an EHIC for their medical cover and the phone companies have already said they are not going to change the tariffs for roaming.

As for Erasmus I'm not sure many will be weeping about losing that. I'm sure most people have no idea what it's about anyway. I looked into it briefly when my daughter was in Uni. It won't stop kids learning abroad if they need to.

There will be some disruption in the coming months no doubt and I do feel for business owner but everyone needs to get a grip.
    What No oysters after Brexit ? Us working class people will take to the streets over this :p
    To lose our Champagne was bad, it will be our caviar next. Glad to see the writer is so
    " Down " with us working class scum :))

I guess we'll just have to make do with all that fish our brave Fishermen will be catching :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

:D I was being ironic :)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron. ;)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    I am apprehensive. I didn't vote either way but even those in favour of Leave might have preferred or assumed a team other than the current bunch of charlatans would be in charge of it.
    I've a nasty feeling that the 'take back control' mantra actually means, quasi-Masonic creeps, like corrupt local businessmen, getting one over us, the general public. I mean, what the hell is Baroness Harding doing in charge of track and trace with her record of almost unremitting failure? Or the efforts being outsourced to Serco, again, with its record of failure? Yet there's nothing we can do.

Look at Nazanine Zigari-Radcliffe - okay, I've spelt that wrong. Banged up in an Iranian jail and the Foreign Office make it clear that she's on her own, like all British nationals seized by foreign powers. It's the attitude of the corrupt local Council. 'We're in it for ourselves, screw you and actually we'd prefer it it you didn't know we exist, leave us alone to fiddle you in peace.'

Or that bloke banged up for the Lockerbie bombing. Now seems likely he never did it. So what we have is an innocent guy fitted up to spare someone's blushes - probably because the UK was sucking up to Iran at the time. A bit like jailing the Guildford Four and Birmingham Six over the pub bombings. The British State knew what it was doing, and is unrepentant, as it has proved over Gosport deaths, the Contaminated Blood Scandal, Hillsborough and this year's care home deaths. Nobody does jail time.

That crowd now have total control, they've taken it back - they have control over us. Don't have nightmares.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,217Chief of Staff
    I am apprehensive. I didn't vote either way but even those in favour of Leave might have preferred or assumed a team other than the current bunch of charlatans would be in charge of it.

NP, we've received complaints from the National Association of Charlatans. They are objecting to being compared with the current government, who are giving them a bad name.
    We're now awaiting contact from the Confederation of Quasi-Masonic Creeps, who I'm sure will feel the same.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

:D I was being ironic :)) :)) :))

The fact the author focused on oysters and champagne says more about him to be honest. Everyone in the UK was actually more worried about getting lettuce !!! :)) :))
    I have mentioned it before and it‘s really sad that I have to explain:
    The Oysters have been in one sentence and have been used to draw a pic about Johnson and the world (and lack of reality) that he‘s living in.

In his Brussels years, he certainly enjoyed all the treats and pleasures of living there ( and there are a lot of them in Brussels!) and he‘s still enjoying that lifestyle.

He could care less that the supermarket shelfs are empty for the normal people ( in fact, he was blatantly lying about Tesco‘s „robust supply chains“ just some days ago), the only way that Brexit may affect him is a shortage of French Champagne and Oysters.

I thought that this was crystal clear from the article - not sure how anyone could interprete it differently - may be the negative obsession with all things EU I guess.

Again, it‘s sad that I even feel the need to write all this.

This discussion has been closed.