Octopussy at The Institute Of Light on 13 Nov 2017 with Guest Intro

Hi. I'm screening Octopussy at The Institute Of Light in London this month. Please do come along if you can!

More Info: Supakino Event Info
Tickets only £6: Cinema Booking Page

IOL-Website-Octopussy-Programme-Page-3by2.jpg

The Institute Of Light is a cool and quirky cinema under a railway arch in London Fields with a bar and cafe. I'm starting a regular film night this month called "Turbans Seen On Screen" and for me Gobinda from Octopussy is an iconic turbaned character of cinema.

Before the film, our guest speaker will be Del Singh who tied Kabir Bedi’s turban for many of the scenes shot in the UK. He will tell us the story of how Kabir Bedi ended up wearing his school uniform turban and also share his memories and photographs of hanging around with the cast and crew behind the scenes of Octopussy.

Kabir Bedi himself has said he wants to get involved and so, fingers crossed, we will try to get him Skype-ing in from Bollywood onto the cinema screen to say hello. Some other members of cast/crew have been in touch to say they'll be coming along. Expect behind-the-scenes stories and footage, cool freebies and a relaxed atmosphere.

DMGbe4CWAAA8xNE.jpg

Comments