Finding the SkyFall Shave Kit

13»

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    If I was Daniel, I'd have made off with all the major props and costumes :D

I think you should dye you hair white blonde :D it would really suit you and wouldnt show so many grey hairs :p :v
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    If I was Daniel, I'd have made off with all the major props and costumes :D
    What stuff has Craig made off with?
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    My kit so far. The aftershave is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. After watching several videos and talking to my friend who's a professional barber, he recommended a pre-shave oil or gell, so that's what you see pictured. I shaved with the oil, soap, badger brush, but used my Goldfinger Gillette Safety (I'm not quite ready for cut throat razor)and love the addition of the oil, I did have some trouble getting a good lather from the Trumper''s soap, but I may not have soaked the new badger brush long enough. Anyone else try the products yet?

2018-02-11_21.49.46.jpg
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    I’ve shaved with a brush for years and have discovered that some soaps do not produce a good lather, which is why I usually use cream with my brush rather than soap. It’s possible that the thick lather you see in the film was created with some help from a separate cream.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    BCFDRay wrote:
    My kit so far. The aftershave is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. After watching several videos and talking to my friend who's a professional barber, he recommended a pre-shave oil or gell, so that's what you see pictured. I shaved with the oil, soap, badger brush, but used my Goldfinger Gillette Safety (I'm not quite ready for cut throat razor)and love the addition of the oil, I did have some trouble getting a good lather from the Trumper''s soap, but I may not have soaked the new badger brush long enough. Anyone else try the products yet?

2018-02-11_21.49.46.jpg
    Excited to start the hunt for some of these!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    Picked up the Trumper's bowl, now I just need the straight razor to complete the kit that was actually seen on screen.SF_bowl_and_brush.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    8-) can't bring myself to pay that , the wife would use the razor to have my balls as christmas decorations.
    Happy with the soap and brush and aftershave :007)
    007 reporting for duty
    It's great when companies really embrace their connection to Bond like this.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

Is that the complete kit with all the correct items?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    No
    MikeG77 wrote:

**everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    No
    MikeG77 wrote:

Thanks for the response
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    That complete set looks like an absolute bargain compared to some...
    :)) :s :)) :s

image.png
    MikeG77 wrote:

This kit understandably consists of items just made by Taylor's whereas the one production put together was a mix of Taylor's items with pieces from other brands.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Oh wow, you’d hope it’s a damn good shave for that price!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Comes with moneypenny
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    It's so inaccurate and expensive that you have to laugh :)) But they did get two things out of six right... almost.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    “Is that all it does?”
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    Hi folks,

Would someone be able to confirm (or not) that this is the shaving brush?

https://www.trumpers.com/product_detail.cfm?product=111547900

My guess is that it is (albeit updated logo on handle); I’m wondering before I pull the trigger...

Hope one of our experts can pipe in :007)

Many thanks,
    G -{
    Taylors and Trumpers no longer stock the correctly shaped brush. I’ve been into both shops and discussed this at length with the Managers. Just like most things, styles and trends change from year to year and season to season. The trend now is for a more barrel shaped or angular brush. All of the gentleman’s toiletry suppliers in the St James/Jermyn St area use the same supplier for their razors and brush models and have their own logo printed on them. I have been in touch with that supplier and they supported the information that Trumpers and Taylors gave me. They no longer make that shape of brush.

The screen used brush shape is known in the trade as ‘Persian Jar’. GaryD’ the shape of your brush is very similar, but the screen used one lacks the top and bottom ridge detailing and is smooth top to bottom.

I’ll post some pics up of the correct one. WaltherP99’s post shows it quite well.
    3979B7C1-F668-4B75-962D-1ED920F93C9E_zpsc6cvpkyw.jpeg

6BD79D20-3792-43F6-9762-5C529F906109_zps23fmes6h.jpeg

IMG_0021_zpskzwy6jek.jpg

26EA4C70-0AFA-4C8F-A290-C788DB8429FD_zpswsk81ucs.jpeg
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    For those who have the bowl - how hard is it to get the logo off?
    For those who have the bowl - how hard is it to get the logo off?

Dead easy.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Taylors and Trumpers no longer stock the correctly shaped brush. I’ve been into both shops and discussed this at length with the Managers. Just like most things, styles and trends change from year to year and season to season. The trend now is for a more barrel shaped or angular brush. All of the gentleman’s toiletry suppliers in the St James/Jermyn St area use the same supplier for their razors and brush models and have their own logo printed on them. I have been in touch with that supplier and they supported the information that Trumpers and Taylors gave me. They no longer make that shape of brush.

The screen used brush shape is known in the trade as ‘Persian Jar’. GaryD’ the shape of your brush is very similar, but the screen used one lacks the top and bottom ridge detailing and is smooth top to bottom.

I’ll post some pics up of the correct one. WaltherP99’s post shows it quite well.

Outstanding Asp’ :007)

Thank you for taking the time... The comprehensive answer and pics are very much appreciated!

It makes this hobby so interesting. I do love this forum -{
    BCFDRay wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Making the razor screen accurate. I'll follow this up with instructions using the actual products they used. It's permanent and effective, so sourcing a 100% black buffalo razor isn't an issue if you do this.

IMG_0047_zpstcektd9i.jpg

IMG_0050_zpsqzzbrlc9.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsb4zi6btp.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsg5pzyxon.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsjlufvt2b.jpg

IMG_0052_zpsuimltqd7.jpg

Looks great Asp! Are we sure the razor was dyed all black or could it have just been the lighting? The photos on JB Lifestyle from the Omega shop still have the hues from the buffalo horn

+1!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited February 2018
    Asp9mm wrote:

There are trends for shaving brush handles and brush shapes??

As if it couldn’t get any sadder and more pathetic, Asp9mm is wasting everybody‘s time to get deep into those kind of details 8-)
    There couldn‘t be more evidence how sad a Nerd‘s life is 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

There are trends for shaving brush handles??

As if it couldn’t get any sadder and more pathetic, Asp9mm is wasting everybody‘s time to get deep into those kind of details 8-)
    There couldn‘t be more evidence how sad a Nerd‘s life is 8-)

Whats wrong J.W. you want your arse tickled with J.D.s brush :D :p :v