Danny Boyle sacked after revealing his 'Big Idea'

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,265MI6 Agent
Breaking news: I'm afraid Danny Boyle has been let go from Bond 25 after a stressful meeting with the bigwigs in which he finally revealed his 'big idea' for Bond 25.

I have an insider working for the studio, and this story is about to go big in the papers this week, but I thought I'd let you know first.

The tabloid rumours a while back about the Bond 25 pts being the wedding of Bond to Spectre's Madeleine were true, it turns out, with the immediate aftermath being her assassination by Blofeld and Irma Bunt, as a deliberate echo of OHMSS.

However, Boyle's big idea was that the rest of the film would feature Bunt and Blofeld driving around in the car, Blofeld dropping Bunt off for other assassinations around Europe, taking in the big sights. Along the way, they would exchange banter while listening to the car radio, and Blofeld doing double takes whenever Bunt would misunderstand something.

Setubal_road_Blofeld.jpg

The movie, provisionally entitled CarShare, would be more in line with the lower budget fare that Boyle always said he preferred.

The meeting did not go well, I'm told. Michael G Wilson found it intriguing, but wanted to know how he might work in his own cameo. When told that it was only two in the cast, with no room for any others, he quickly went off the idea. Babs Broccoli sat very still throughout, the silence broken only by the snapping of a ballpoint pen. 'This....' she finally said. '... is what we put our future filming on hold for? This is what we're paying Craig £25m to do?'

Boyle went on to explain that the Bond song could be performed by Peter Kaye who would be the entertainment at the wedding reception, and that would save money, but it is understood that this did not redeem the situation.

Daniel Craig last night was unavailable for comment but a journo did manage to infiltrate the grounds of his new Surrey mansion, where it is said he could be espied through the windows dancing around in his Y-fronts to This Song
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Bit late for April Fools' isn't it?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) Love the idea of carshare with Blofeld and Bunt. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    This is posted in the wrong thread. It should be in the "Exceedingly accurate and incredibly true" tread :))
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) Love the idea of carshare with Blofeld and Bunt. -{

Would make a great DVD extra.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,742MI6 Agent
    Nice try.....
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I wonder whether Tom Ford does driving gloves for him’n’her? :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    So does anyone have any real news on this subject? I'm not really a fan of Danny Boyle but would be interested to see what his big idea really is? might be interesting to see what he makes of a James Bond Film if he's allowed to "weave his magic".......
  • HeratatHeratat Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Ah, I'm in love with this car. Heard its colors were chosen because of Craig's preference for denim shades. Anyone knows what's the name of the charity the money from the sale were sent to?
    Also, I'm looking forward to November 2019 when Craig will reprise the role of James Bond for the last time ^^
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,265MI6 Agent
    See, you wait long enough and anything can become true! :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017