• James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Agreed, the polo is amazing.

20190518-153345.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,929MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Agreed, the polo is amazing.

20190518-153345.jpg

Cool to see it in the sun, looks great!

424 pieces of the collection left in the UK webstore lol. 140 odd of that is the Dr No Polo and 120 Pink TB shorts - guess they were anticipating huge sales of those :)

Many items under 10 units per size, looks like more items will sell out soon like the DAF and Safari shirt

The numbers have been plummeting down - huge success I reckon and only several days after launch!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    I went for the Thunderball Camp Collar shirt and the DAF toweling shirt so far.

After seeing some of the pictures on here, I am heavily considering the merino long sleeve polo. It looks great! Having some difficult justifying the price though since at the price point, options open up for “higher end” brands than Orlebar Brown. Also at almost $500, they shouldn’t be using imitation mother of pearl!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have the actual measurements for the Thunderball merino polo in size large? I’m torn on sizing.
    Cheverian wrote:
    Does anyone have the actual measurements for the Thunderball merino polo in size large? I’m torn on sizing.

Mr Porter lists actual measurements per garment so might be worth talking a look until someone posts. Usually fairly accurate unlike generic retailer charts etc
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,441MI6 Agent
    I'm a large. I'll see if I can do measurements when I get home.

again: I'm 5'9", size 41 suit, 15.5 32/33 dress shirt, size medium or large in most shirts. Here's what it looks like on me:

TB-LS-Polo-Shirt-02.jpg

TB-LS-Polo-Shirt-01.jpg

The medium was too snug.
    Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,595MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Mr Porter lists actual measurements per garment so might be worth talking a look until someone posts. Usually fairly accurate unlike generic retailer charts etc

I would also recommend that you compare the measurements on MrPorters website to there Apple/Android app as I've seen some differences.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 218MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Trying to imagine what would Daniel Craig’s James Bond wear from this collection ?

In my opinion, he can easily pull off :

1- The Thunderball Polo.
    2- The Thunderball Cardinal Shirt.
    3- The DAF shirt.
    4- The Thunderball swim shorts.
    5- Dr No Towelling Polo.
    6- Dr No Robe.

I don’t see him wearing a linen tux shirt to the beach. Certainly not a onesie :D not so sure about the green safari jacket.

I respect the fact that some fans might still buy everything since they are considered collectibles. But to me, I started getting only the items I see myself wearing.

I would love to hear everyone’s votes on what would the current Bond wear :)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,638MI6 Agent
    Going off topic here, but it's another limited edition collaboration with a tropical feel:

Seavees has come out with the Magnum PI collection, shoes based on the patterns of Magnum's Hawaiian shirts.

Magnum-Seavees-Huckleberry-1.jpg
    Magnum-Seavees-Huckleberry-2.jpg

https://huckberry.com/store/shop/seavees-behind-the-brand

Orlebar Brown isn't the only company do do whimsy, and Seavees is much more affordable.

Maybe Higgins will get one to wear instead of his green trainers? :v

As for the Orlebar Brown 007 collection, I really like the TB merino polo and the AVTAK jacket, but honestly I'd rather spend the $1k it would cost for those two items on my actual vacation.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,478Quartermasters
    Nice job rocking that AVTAK jacket. Love that thing.
    Current rankings:
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,764MI6 Agent
    Have to say, the linen tuxedo shirt looks better than I thought it would. Great photos!
    Are we going to have a grand finale? :))
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,638MI6 Agent
    David, how big is your closet? Is it merely a walk in or is there room for a monorail? :p
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 337MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Are we going to have a grand finale? :))

Exactly! The onesie is decidedly absent.... :))
    Murder | Employment.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,181MI6 Agent
    How are you finding the Thunderball polo, David, for hand, fit and feel? I'm up in London on the 31st, but all will have been snapped up by that time, I expect. And what size was the robe?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,478Quartermasters
    Yes, there are more pics to come...(shudder)

Blair have you seen my IG reviews? I discuss the TB Polo, but in short love it. Mediums in everything EXCEPT the robe, which I took a small and glad of it...chunky thing.
    How are you finding the Thunderball polo, David, for hand, fit and feel? I'm up in London on the 31st, but all will have been snapped up by that time, I expect. And what size was the robe?
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 288MI6 Agent
    Damn you, damn you all to hell...! :))

Wasn’t overly impressed with the collection when I first took a look but, after seeing the real thing on you fine folks, I’m now £500 lighter in the wallet with a Thunderball double of shirt and polo on the way!
    Yes. Considerably.

Grab from Porter / Selfridges and use free returns before they are all gone lol
    Just blitzed them! Great reviews. Damn! What's a man to do? They all look great. I thought that I had grabbed the pick of the bunch in the DAF shirt, but now I'm screwed as I want them all!
    Yes, there are more pics to come...(shudder)

Blair have you seen my IG reviews? I discuss the TB Polo, but in short love it. Mediums in everything EXCEPT the robe, which I took a small and glad of it...chunky thing.
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 92MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Anybody tried on the Espadrilles yet???

I'm curious on those as well. I'm a size 10.5US/43Eur (depending on the manufacturer) and I'm curious how OB shoes run. I've considered the Larsons before but never pulled the trigger on them. I'm in Italy and Greece this summer and it'd be fun to have the full TB outfit (red shirt, blue swim trunks, and the shoes) on the beach just to see if anyone recognizes the outfit.

I’m a uk 10 in Crockett & Jones ‘ church’s etc but the espadrilles in uk 10 were too small I just exchanged for a uk11 and they are still snug
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,546MI6 Agent
    Osiris wrote:
    Gymkata wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Anybody tried on the Espadrilles yet???

I'm curious on those as well. I'm a size 10.5US/43Eur (depending on the manufacturer) and I'm curious how OB shoes run. I've considered the Larsons before but never pulled the trigger on them. I'm in Italy and Greece this summer and it'd be fun to have the full TB outfit (red shirt, blue swim trunks, and the shoes) on the beach just to see if anyone recognizes the outfit.

I’m a uk 10 in Crockett & Jones ‘ church’s etc but the espadrilles in uk 10 were too small I just exchanged for a uk11 and they are still snug

They should be snug. Espadrilles stretch.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    WOW. I love the photos, David. Great work and thanks!

I love your Goya, too! -{ :))
    Orlebar Brown's site is now saying that they expect a restock (of the DAF shirt, but presumably other pieces that run out, too) in July
    Orlebar Brown's site is now saying that they expect a restock (of the DAF shirt, but presumably other pieces that run out, too) in July

Still some sizes on PORTER and a restock of the Golden Gun safari jacket
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Odd that the Thunderball polo seems to be omitted from Mr Porter for whatever reason. I much prefer the service and free shipping and returns on Mr Porter so prefer to buy through them
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Odd that the Thunderball polo seems to be omitted from Mr Porter for whatever reason. I much prefer the service and free shipping and returns on Mr Porter so prefer to buy through them

Me too. Porter are superb!!! Also noticed they didn’t get the polo
    Glad to see you guys are coming around on that long sleeve polo. The price is rather steep but I'm telling ya, you put that thing on and you'll have a hard time not smiling.
    Current rankings:
  • SuitSuit Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    The Swedish clothing store Gabucci carry the 007 collection as well.

https://gabucci.se/sv/search/bysearchdefinition/176
  • Peregrine CarruthersPeregrine Carruthers Los Angeles, CAPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    Thanks for this suggestion, Suit. Ordered the View to a Kill jacket on Tuesday and it arrived in Los Angeles via DHL on Friday morning. $325 all in with the exchange rate!

Suit wrote:
    The Swedish clothing store Gabucci carry the 007 collection as well.

https://gabucci.se/sv/search/bysearchdefinition/176