Brown, Orlebar Brown

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    I find OB overly expensive in the best of times, so the premium here makes it a definite miss. $475 for a long sleeved polo? That's Tom ford territory. $225 for espadrilles, and squarish ones at that? I just don't get it.

I do own an OB linen shirt and a polo, both size XL, which I find a little big on me. However the size L are too tight. OB sizing just doesn't work for me. I find OB sizing like Zara, which I also skip.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Welshie, I would size up on the polos...I take a medium and I am size 40 chest and 31 inch waist...they DO taper just as a FYI so consider your whole torso....

As far as stock and things being sold out, I assume they will re-load stock AFTER the ViP sales are over.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Gymkata wrote:
    Man, the Onesie is already GONE from their site, completely sold out.

Christ - who would of thought :))

Guessing they prob had very limited stock of that one!!
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    OK, my thoughts on what I saw.

Overall, I'm very impressed. It's typical OB quality and feels quite nice. The fit, per the usual, is a tad small and fitted, so consider going up a size (as has been mentioned quite a bit by myself and by others).

Individual items:
    - MOONRAKER and DR NO Bulldog swimsuit: the size 34 fit me in this. I think this is a longer/bigger version of what was released before. Both looked really sharp and I would have been tempted to purchase one of them if I needed a swimsuit. I passed on this, although I'm on 'notify status' if one or both of them go on sale.
    - ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE dress shirt: the size large fit me perfectly. It's a very nice linen shirt. I'm covered on linen shirts right now so I passed on it. Again, I'm on 'notify status' if it goes on sale.
    - A VIEW TO A KILL track jacket: again, a size large fit me perfectly. This thing is NICE NICE NICE. I really loved it. It looks much better ON YOU than it does in the pictures. I'm buying this one.
    - THUNDERBALL red camp shirt. again, size large. Very nice, typical OB camp shirt. It's nothing all that special but I don't have anything in that color...as such, I'm buying it.
    - THUNDERBALL dark navy long sleeve polo. again, size large. Loved this. It's very sharp. I happened to feel like a million bucks in this so I'm buying it.
    - DR NO toweling polo, light blue. again, size large. Very nice, nicer than I expected. The detailing is pretty cool on this and it fit me perfectly, so I'm buying it.
    - DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER camp shirt, white. again, size large. It's a toweling shirt, which may not be apparent in the pictures. It's very nice and again, fits me really well. I wasn't going to buy this at first but, after trying it on, I think I'll buy it.
    - DR NO robe, light blue. A typical robe. It was nice but unremarkable. I'm going to pass on it.

I took pictures but I'll hold off on posting those until Dan does his livestream and goes through the items one by one.

Nice review!

With the exception of the onesie and the hideous moonraker shorts , I thought the whole collection was impressive !! Love the Thunderball stuff the most. Already ordered those !

Note: to those who love the Thunderball polo but don’t wanna spend the extra $200 for the 007 stamp, I believe there is a very similar standard OB polo in Navy Merino wool long sleeves.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:

Overall, I'm very impressed. It's typical OB quality and feels quite nice. The fit, per the usual, is a tad small and fitted, so consider going up a size (as has been mentioned quite a bit by myself and by others).

Individual items:
    - MOONRAKER and DR NO Bulldog swimsuit: the size 34 fit me in this. I think this is a longer/bigger version of what was released before. Both looked really sharp and I would have been tempted to purchase one of them if I needed a swimsuit. I passed on this, although I'm on 'notify status' if one or both of them go on sale.
    - ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE dress shirt: the size large fit me perfectly. It's a very nice linen shirt. I'm covered on linen shirts right now so I passed on it. Again, I'm on 'notify status' if it goes on sale.
    - A VIEW TO A KILL track jacket: again, a size large fit me perfectly. This thing is NICE NICE NICE. I really loved it. It looks much better ON YOU than it does in the pictures. I'm buying this one.
    - THUNDERBALL red camp shirt. again, size large. Very nice, typical OB camp shirt. It's nothing all that special but I don't have anything in that color...as such, I'm buying it.
    - THUNDERBALL dark navy long sleeve polo. again, size large. Loved this. It's very sharp. I happened to feel like a million bucks in this so I'm buying it.
    - DR NO toweling polo, light blue. again, size large. Very nice, nicer than I expected. The detailing is pretty cool on this and it fit me perfectly, so I'm buying it.
    - DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER camp shirt, white. again, size large. It's a toweling shirt, which may not be apparent in the pictures. It's very nice and again, fits me really well. I wasn't going to buy this at first but, after trying it on, I think I'll buy it.
    - DR NO robe, light blue. A typical robe. It was nice but unremarkable. I'm going to pass on it.

I took pictures but I'll hold off on posting those until Dan does his livestream and goes through the items one by one.

Thanks for the details! Looking forward to the pictures!
    Murder | Employment.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:

Individual items:

Thanks. So sounds like it is def not exclusive to OB stores then?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I'll be covering the entire line on my blog in the morning when I'm allowed to share more from it.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:

Individual items:

Thanks! I reflexively ordered the Thunderball Polo in medium, but given that your measurements are pretty close to mine, it looks like I should have sized up.
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    All this talk about sizing, usually when a company is either only online or not nearby and if they have a good return policy, I ask if I can order two. As I'm usually between sizes for just about everything that helps me get the right size for me without the guesswork.
    "Better late than never."
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Without wanting to steal too much thunder from my brethren, I've just received my Diamonds Are Forever Towelling Shirt. It is bee-autiful! Obviously of the high quality that we have come to expect from Orlebar Brown, but very distinctive. So lucky to have snagged one, as they had sold out, but someone must have changed their minds and picked another size. Anyone concerned about the 007 logo featuring too prominently, it is very discrete, and on the reverse of the Orlebar Brown tag, so not even visible when looking straight on. I went for a medium, which is comfortable. I could probably have sized down to a small for a more fitted look, but the medium feels more appropriate for the kind of use it will get.

DAF-Shirt.jpg

007-tag.jpg

Can't wait to give it a test drive, but more importantly, I can't wait to see David's LIVE stream at 12 PM Eastern time for the launch and review of the entire collection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RliNj7Sv92s .

OB have done us all proud, boys!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Looking great Blair! Here is something to watch to get a better idea of what these items look like:

https://youtu.be/AOufVSfc3Xo
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    OB Thunderball Swimshorts -{

np8og_o.jpg
    oY7Ze_o.jpg
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Some interesting items in the collection.
    Must say I love the photography and presentation on the website with the prop items! Very nicely done.
    do you mean my instagram account? or the presantation of orlebar brown? -{ :))
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    Must say I love the photography and presentation on the website with the prop items! Very nicely done.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    The line is also available on 007.com (though seemingly not in the USA, and I don't know if they offer the same shipping deals/rates as OB):

https://007store.com/collections/orlebar-brown

And the OB site has the onesie back in M and XL...
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:

I was actually referring to the OB website.
    But I do also like your very artistic pictures above. Nicely done too. B-)
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    Funny thing about the AVTAK jacket. I thought they would be going for the suede jacket of the finale (obviously), but now that I have seen that they recreated the training jacket of the FILA-tracksuit (pants missing btw), I can only laugh at the cost of 295 GBP.
    An original FILA would be far away from that. Here‘s an example:

Out of boredom, I searched through local online marketplaces and coincidentally made a find:
    Sir Roger‘s BTS jacket, also from FILA. Best thing is, it only cost me 20€ instead of the opposed 295 GBP. :))
    E6-E74-C13-1-B70-4-A87-909-A-3-EE0731159-D1.jpg

ED9052-ED-8275-43-C6-8-CD6-584-D703-A35-C2.jpg

Nice find AW {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    :)) :)) :))
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    UNCLE27 wrote:

I was actually referring to the OB website.
    But I do also like your very artistic pictures above. Nicely done too. B-)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I have written about and shared my thoughts about the new Orlebar Brown 007 collaboration on my blog: https://www.bondsuits.com/orlebar-browns-007-collaboration/
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Just purchased the last GF playsuit in large at OB Mayfair
    They told me there will be no re-stock once it’s gone it’s gone
    Do not hesitate

O
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
    Matt S wrote:
    I have written about and shared my thoughts about the new Orlebar Brown 007 collaboration on my blog: https://www.bondsuits.com/orlebar-browns-007-collaboration/

Superb write up Matt
    Osiris wrote:
    Just purchased the last GF playsuit in large at OB Mayfair
    They told me there will be no re-stock once it’s gone it’s gone
    Do not hesitate

O

For every item or just the playsuit?
    I asked only regarding the playsuit
    But I imagine it’s for all the items
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Don’t see the Goldfinger shorts or the setters in sky online? Is it only a store release?
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    Don’t see the Goldfinger shorts or the setters in sky online? Is it only a store release?

Think not out yet
    Out 9/6/19
    Matt S wrote:

Great write-up, Matt. So it seems that of what you guys were shown, only the Goldfinger and Skyfall swimsuits were held back?

EDIT: whoops, didn't see this new page!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Matt, a very informative write-up.

It reminded me of some details of the Thunderball wardrobe I had forgotten. First was that the pink swim shorts had belt loops. The second was that Bond's long-sleeved polo was black.

Now I don't feel bad skipping the OB navy long-sleeved polo. Turns out I already have a Sunspel long-sleeved polo in black.
    My DR NO polo is a brighter/bolder blue than I was expecting - here it is next to Orlebar's Riviera Toweling polo.

I also got the Espadrilles but the size is a little iffy for me, so I can't give proper feedback yet.
    IMG-2917.jpg
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    My DR NO polo is a brighter/bolder blue than I was expecting - here it is next to Orlebar's Riviera Toweling polo.

I also got the Espadrilles but the size is a little iffy for me, so I can't give proper feedback yet.
    IMG-2917.jpg

Wow. I own the one on the left but this has me thinking maybe they are sufficiently different to justify it... :))