What Bond are you wearing today?

Comments

• SkyfellSkyfell Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Another entry in my hobbyist attempts at recreating the light and lensing of posters I like. Wearing the Spectre N.Peal and not-screen accurate Neil B pants.

Also, I can't believe how skinny DC's waist is. I'm 5'10" and have a 32 waist and I look huge by comparison!

XcWcdGC.jpg

Agent 007 or Agent 47?

I love your recreations!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Well Turkeys in the oven, it’s Christmas at home with the ones I love - what could be better!

So it had to be this today

Cheers :007)

861-C636-B-FC16-4271-90-FA-96-F5-D22-DEF19.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • JamesVibertJamesVibert Jersey Channel Islands Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Well Turkeys in the oven, it’s Christmas at home with the ones I love - what could be better!

So it had to be this today

861-C636-B-FC16-4271-90-FA-96-F5-D22-DEF19.jpg

Looks good. Have a great day and enjoy yourself.

Regards James.
    James Vibert
    I thought I would make the effort today by finding a good excuse to look a bit more Bond like. I have never worn a waistcoat.

IMG-20201225-124220-728.jpg
    James Vibert
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I thought I would make the effort today by finding a good excuse to look a bit more Bond like. I have never worn a waistcoat.

Well if you cannot dress up at Christmas when can you? Looking good I love a great waistcoat in the winter :D

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Bond44 wrote:

Well if you cannot dress up at Christmas when can you? Looking good I love a great waistcoat in the winter :D

Yes thats so true. Many thanks for your reply. I do find it it difficult to come by sometimes if i am not used to dressing so formally lol.

Regards James.
    James Vibert
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    Today was RGT, Sunspel Riviera tee, TF jeans, and C&J Moltons.

K7OOnZg.jpg

mQdE61Z.jpg
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Buddy it's 34 degrees in Chicago today!
    I'm in Atlanta right now! A much balmier 60 degrees.
  • BodieBodie Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Hi all, I came across this post and I thought I would add a couple of photos of some clothes I deem James Bond style. Enjoy

064-D387-A-62-C9-4-A59-8481-6-A209-AD531-C6.jpg

6-DF47-C43-7-BEB-4-CAA-8810-98-B062-C74890.jpg

C3002789-64-E7-41-D8-95-EE-D15272-B65-DAD.jpg
    Three nice outfits. I'd wear any of them.
    Bodie wrote:
    Hi all, I came across this post and I thought I would add a couple of photos of some clothes I deem James Bond style. Enjoy

Aww thanks, that comes as a nice compliment to me.
    James Vibert
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    Bodie wrote:

Just out of curiosity: how would you wear that overnighter?
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    0073 wrote:
    Bodie wrote:

Haha that is a good question and I find it highly amusing. I like your humour, I am sure you can work it out for yourself
    James Vibert
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:

mQdE61Z.jpg

Awesome look! I absolutely love the Moltons! They look fantastic with those dark jeans.
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    tshold wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

mQdE61Z.jpg

Awesome look! I absolutely love the Moltons! They look fantastic with those dark jeans.

They do look great don't they? That rough out suede is somehow shiny, refined and rugged all at the same time.

Great look frommeyer! -{
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I do not know f this is the correct place to post but here goes.

I was wondering if anyone here owns and wears suits in the 'classic' James Bond style? By this I mean as worn in the early Sean Connery films?

I know nothing about clothes but the early fashion takes my eye. It would be nice to think that some one has a suit like the one in the picture. I can imagine the right man arriving at a function wearing this sort of thing and turning many heads.
    973154fd6ab0644ede9a910c4978243a.jpg
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Quite a few of us I think. Mason and Son make it. They did a great version under the Anthony Sinclair label a few years back. Classic suit. They will still make it on request.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:

K7OOnZg.jpg

mQdE61Z.jpg

Love the jeans, I know they're TF but would you mind sharing the model name/no.?

Cheers
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    Wearing Barbour, Dents and Purdey boots which I believe were made by C&J. The Aston alas is not mine :(

fullsizeoutput-418f.jpg
    Yes. Considerably!
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Quite a few of us I think. Mason and Son make it. They did a great version under the Anthony Sinclair label a few years back. Classic suit. They will still make it on request.

Absolutely the 1st place I would go, they've really done well with the modern update to the Conduit cut.
  • BondecosseBondecosse Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    what size did you get?
    frommeyer wrote:
    My Halloween "costume." A mix of: the N.Peal Spectre hat and army sweater, R&B Henley, TF jeans, CR Omega on a Milanese, and C&J Islays.

Xy4kjfB.jpg
    edited January 2021
    Medium. But, fwiw, I don't have a high opinion of the sweater. It's downright uncomfortable to wear; the neck is unbearable at times. And the canvas hasn't softened up so it's still very stiff and pinched at the shoulders. So it's the right size but it never feels like it fits.
    Love the jeans, I know they're TF but would you mind sharing the model name/no.?

Cheers

https://www.tomford.com/straight-fit-stretch-japanese-selvedge-denim/TFD002-BIJ05.html

Now the first thing I did when I got these was bathe them in RIT color remover to fade out the black a little - they were the blackest of black. I'm really happy with the result.

IMG-8535.jpg
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Medium. But, fwiw, I don't have a high opinion of the sweater. It's downright uncomfortable to wear; the neck is unbearable at times. And the canvas hasn't softened up so it's still very stiff and pinched at the shoulders. So it's the right size but it never feels like it fits.

Cheers

https://www.tomford.com/straight-fit-stretch-japanese-selvedge-denim/TFD002-BIJ05.html

Now the first thing I did when I got these was bathe them in RIT color remover to fade out the black a little - they were the blackest of black. I'm really happy with the result.

IMG-8535.jpg

Many thanks for sharing. Surprised to learn they're black! That second photo you posted focusing on the jeans and your boots gives them the appearance of a selvedge navy. Is this just the lighting/colour balance of the photo or the use of the colour remover?
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
    It's the lighting - they're black. I actually haven't figured out why the black jeans look blue-ish. The color balance on everything else is correct - i used high powered studio flash and balanced the camera to it. I'm wondering if it's the 3% polyurethane reflecting light oddly.
    Today is the SA Spectre polo.

xcyRwjg.jpg
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Today is the SA Spectre polo.

xcyRwjg.jpg

Very nice frommeyer! What size did you get and where did you manage to find one of these!
    edited May 2022
    Sunny, I got lucky on TheRealReal! Been wanting it for forever.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Never let a snow storm go to waste!

Bond-SPECTRE-Mr-White-Look-Royale-Jacket.jpg

I'm actually heading out to shovel my driveway, but the snowy background called to me. Plus I got to practice my goofy "serious stare into the future!" pose.
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Never let a snow storm go to waste!

Bond-SPECTRE-Mr-White-Look-Royale-Jacket.jpg

I'm actually heading out to shovel my driveway, but the snowy background called to me. Plus I got to practice my goofy "serious stare into the future!" pose.

Outstanding photo!
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Aside from the Sunspel shirt, not Bond. But I got the leather jacket Hugh Jackman wore in Swordfish (I only learned it's a movie jacket after buying it). I found it searching Levi's Vintage Clothing jackets. The asymmetrical zipper is something I really love.

Kfv4VqA.jpg

NwsTHwE.jpg

y64xrR1.jpg

And, Sunny, I got lucky on TheRealReal! Been wanting it for forever.

Jacket looks awesome and I agree very cool with the off centre zip. Makes it stand out from the normal jacket and it also looks great as it has worn in look. Good find on the jacket and the TF polo!