Skyfall Granborough - done

2»

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Yep my view re clothes, "new" Bond will be younger and promised too curb clothes. Plus need to wear these more!!!
    The rolled Aston was a DBS mock up (db9), but there was a DBS proto used too in CR...
    Having driven lots, courtesy cars etc, the db9 to dbs comparison is a non starter. Dbs is 10% better in every way, apart from looks when (subjectivebof course) in my eyes it crushes the db9
    I was just thinking the same thing a few days ago. That after Craig I probably wont be as invested in collecting Bond's wardrobe as I was the last decade or so.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Yep my view re clothes, "new" Bond will be younger and promised too curb clothes. Plus need to wear these more!!!
    The rolled Aston was a DBS mock up (db9), but there was a DBS proto used too in CR...
    Having driven lots, courtesy cars etc, the db9 to dbs comparison is a non starter. Dbs is 10% better in every way, apart from looks when (subjectivebof course) in my eyes it crushes the db9
    I was just thinking the same thing a few days ago. That after Craig I probably wont be as invested in collecting Bond's wardrobe as I was the last decade or so.

100% agreed

Believe I am actually done with the collecting now. Happy with what I have, and have had over the past couple years. -{
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Only going to get anything B25 if I love it...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • JamesJohnBJamesJohnB Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    edited July 2018
    Just wanted to say thanks again for the plug 007JBDCMWR, I hope that out of the two squares sent, one really matched up with the color of your shirt. Matt Spaiser gave me one worn T&A shirt to make pocket squares and I used another T&A shirt of a shade different. Since they were made from Turnbull & Asser another nice connection to James Bond.

If other folks need any customized work, whether pocket squares or even cocktail cuffs to add to existing shirts, I'm happy to help. Below is a picture of an existing shirt from an AJB member where I made/installed cocktail cuffs using another shirt that he provided for cannibalizing (need the extra fabric and buttons to match). Also shown is the matching pocket square.

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

It's the Frank Foster version (Roger Moore). Special thanks/acknowledgement to Matt Spaiser whose INFO on his BOND SUITS forum was most helpful.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Agent007_1 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Heres a clue

DSC_1837.jpg

You're living the dream

All I can say is that we (as a family) love Astons, always have... And I have a very understanding wife who lets me indulge my hobbies of Bond / Astons / Bikes...
    After 4 Astons (2 dbs / 2 vantages), they are all special and worth making the allowances we have to to own them. Only here once!!!

LMt_Dl_B7k.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_1075.jpg

DSC_1516.jpg

And the most important

IMG-20170930-_WA0013.jpg

Love the last picture!
    -{ -{ -{
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Agent007_1 wrote:

You're living the dream

All I can say is that we (as a family) love Astons, always have... And I have a very understanding wife who lets me indulge my hobbies of Bond / Astons / Bikes...
    After 4 Astons (2 dbs / 2 vantages), they are all special and worth making the allowances we have to to own them. Only here once!!!

LMt_Dl_B7k.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_1075.jpg

DSC_1516.jpg

And the most important

IMG-20170930-_WA0013.jpg

Love the last picture!
    -{ -{ -{

WJ is either showing unbridled glee or practicing his maniacal supervillain laugh. In either case, fantastic picture. -{ -{ -{
    I think WJ is laughing because he is the owner of one of the 10 Aston DB10 -{ -{ -{
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited July 2018
    Probs just heard he was getting free servicing...

Such a little star... He has Nicole Sherzinger as a fan on twitter

The pic in the kids db10 just makes me feel like I got it right at being a Dad...

IMG-20180713-_WA0002.jpg

And thanks my US & French Bond Bro's -{
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

The pic in the kids db10 just makes me feel like I got it right at being a Dad...

IMG-20180713-_WA0002.jpg

LOL free servicing....now that's a good one :))
    I know where you keep your gun!
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

IMG-20180713-_WA0002.jpg

I'm impressed -{ -{ -{
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    This post had me interested in trying out the vendor for the pocket squares.. ordered two... Thanks for the reference.. Just heard from John and they are on the way.. Very interested in seeing these in hand !
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    This post had me interested in trying out the vendor for the pocket squares.. ordered two... Thanks for the reference.. Just heard from John and they are on the way.. Very interested in seeing these in hand !

I, too, have ordered two from JB on your recommendation! Looking forward to receiving them.

G -{
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Hi JB007

I can verify the prototype DBS in CR - there were actually a few.

I got to drive one - 5 feet - during my day on set in Karlovy Vary.

I agree the DBS is the best drive of all the modern Aston’s. In fact I’ve tested the Vantage, the DB11 and the horrible and best forgotten Virage.

I kept my DBS Volante. Nothing has the same feeling of spacious cockpit and ground-level speed.

I wonder if Aston will ever beat the DBS.

Here’s a few pics of her.
    2-E3-B90-BE-CA13-4-C87-BFF7-5-EC4-E832-EEC1.png

5252-CC2-A-A526-450-D-A2-D2-0-E15-D9428-FA4.png

F377-FA5-C-C9-EE-49-DB-81-AA-1-F96-F65-EB15-B.jpg

Cheers Paul