Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    3 new shots from Jamaica

Ejkjit4-Xs-AEYe-SR.jpg
    Ejkjit5-Wo-AUv-Dp-X.jpg
    Ejkjj8-DXc-AYWTrn.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    It really looks like we'll only be seeing Felix and Paloma in the Jamaica scenes :( I hope that's not the case.
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    Number24 wrote:
    do you have any sources when you say there won't be any vaccine for at least 18 months?
    The statements I've seen from experts say a vaccine is axpected some time this winter. of course that's when it becomes awailabe, it will take time producing and distributing the vaccine.

EDIT: My blah blah blah, was cut and dropped to Coronavirus thread, since it has very little to do with the topic.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Jflynn2112Jflynn2112 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Some mild ribbing lads, come on.
    edited October 2020
    A clip (approx 45 secs) of the Matera bridge scene was released during Craig's Tonight Show interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EucuM3EuUJA

Who's the kid he's chasing and why does Bond seem a bit drunk/dizzy/drugged/really confused when the kid turns around and the bullets start firing?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    This clip gives us a feeling of what to expect from at least some Hans Zimmer's Bond action music in the film. This is the kind of music we've come to expect from Zimmer; it's what I feared we'd get from a Zimmer score and it lacks the classic Bond sound. Maybe we'll get some of that in other parts of the film, but this music sucked some of the joy out of my excitement for the film.

I won't say it doesn't work for what I'm seeing on screen, because it does, but it's so generic and doesn't give the scene Bondian excitement that I want.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    This clip gives us a feeling of what to expect from at least some Hans Zimmer's Bond action music in the film. This is the kind of music we've come to expect from Zimmer; it's what I feared we'd get from a Zimmer score and it lacks the classic Bond sound. Maybe we'll get some of that in other parts of the film, but this music sucked some of the joy out of my excitement for the film.

I won't say it doesn't work for what I'm seeing on screen, because it does, but it's so generic and doesn't give the scene Bondian excitement that I want.

I agree, that’s not what I would call a Bond score, nothing distinctive going on.
    There should be a huge musical build-up when Bond is about to jump and the music stopping as he leaps over.

Hopefully that is not the finished score (they‘re keeping it under wraps till the release as you know) or at least the rest will be better.

But this stunt is a money and the cues aren’t doing it justice.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agree with what's already been posted, I'll travel in hope ;) and keep thinking
    good things, until we get to hear the score. I truly hope we get something better
    than the rather bland outings of late.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    https://twitter.com/springhousese/status/1313534933743398913

US TV Spot

he gets shot right in the shoulder and he just doesn't care
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    he gets shot right in the shoulder and he just doesn't care

As I've written in the mi6 forum, f I remember correctly there was on Cary's IG profile a video showing a scoring session for the movie with a very similar soundtrack to the one heard at the beginning of this clip. Maybe Bond, just recovered for the explosion, finds the boy (as someone as told) to ask info and come back to the city as quick as he can. The boy leads him to the bridge to meet with the baddies, but he's still a bit unconscious. You can hear how but bullets sound is somehow low, muffle from his perspective when he's hit in the shoulder
    I thought he looked to be in Shock ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Does he get shot? I’ve tried watching it a lot but his jacket doesn’t seem to tear or is it my bad eyesight?
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,543MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:
    Does he get shot? I’ve tried watching it a lot but his jacket doesn’t seem to tear or is it my bad eyesight?

I think it grazes his jacket.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    Agree on the music (or lack of!) Fingers crossed it's better elsewhere in the score.

Regarding the interview, I think this is the most relaxed and natural I've seen DC in an interview for a long time, and what fantastic shape he looks in! Better than in the film. Looks like he's dropped a stone in weight.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    Someone wrote:
    Thomo wrote:

Yeah, it does actually graze his left shoulder. Didn't realise at first due to his real lack of reaction. He looks dizzy/stunned when the boy turns around, before he even gets shot.

Screen-Shot-2020-10-07-at-9-18-59-am.png
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Thomo wrote:

Yeah, it does actually graze his left shoulder. Didn't realise at first due to his real lack of reaction. He looks dizzy/stunned when the boy turns around, before he even gets shot.

Good spot - pity we have to wait till April - interesting I think this will be
    JTM wrote:
    Who's the kid he's chasing and why does Bond seem a bit drunk/dizzy/drugged/really confused when the kid turns around and the bullets start firing?

He hasn't even been shot yet. Is he just out of breath from running?

giphy.gif
    JTM wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Thomo wrote:

good eye! thank you

maybe he's a little dizzy because he had to sprint after the boy after he survived an explosion
    is it me or does Craigs acting has changed a bit? admittily I can only judge from the shortclips... a little bit more funnier in his expressions maybe, cant tell what it is yet
  • SeanIsTheOnlyOneSeanIsTheOnlyOne Posts: 406MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    The score doesn't really bother me. I even think it fits with the amosphere of the scene. I'm sure there will be moments with Bondian tracks.

The scene is weird ! Bond barely stands up and looks completely drunked/drugged. His lack of reaction is questionable, especially when we know a few minutes later he will kick Primo's ass and steal his moto. And how can the goons in the car miss him ?
    They were probably Stormtroopers
    In the last Star Wars film ;)
    They were probably Stormtroopers
    In the last Star Wars film ;)

Now it makes sense :))
  • SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 404MI6 Agent
    "But this stunt is a money and the cues aren’t doing it justice."

I thought the motorbike leap/chase seen in the trailers was the big stunt of this part of the film...if we have the bridge jump and the bike chase close together then this is shaping up to be one impressive pre-titles sequence...

"The spectre of defeat..."

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

I thought the motorbike leap/chase seen in the trailers was the big stunt of this part of the film...if we have the bridge jump and the bike chase close together then this is shaping up to be one impressive pre-titles sequence...

Not to forget the Aston Martin-Donut... :007)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    The music in that clip is the most Zimmer-y the score has sounded thus far. I do like that Bond seems to be dazed from the graveyard explosion going off in his face. If that's the cause of it that is. We're so used to seeing him walk off explosions its intense to see him actually mentally off his game from one.
  • OOOO United KingdomPosts: 16MI6 Agent
    I think those that have observed that Bond seems dazed are correct, and in fact this seems to me to be reflected in the score. The music sounds almost filtered and subdued - almost like you're listening to it through ears still ringing from an explosion.

Personally, I also want to see those big Bond moments in the score and have some serious reservations about Zimmer pulling it off, but if Bond is in fact dazed and confused in this scene, it probably accounts for the lack of bombastic music to accompany it.

Robert
    Hola. Somos maestros en año sabático… y nos ganamos la lotería.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    I think we're almost hearing the score from Bond's perspective. He's just survived an explosion, and his ears would likely still be ringing.

I think this is part of the score Cary shared on his instagram stories.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

This is part of the Pre-Title? I thought the stuff in Norway was the Pre-Title stuff? Now I'm curious what happened to Primos eye.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 404MI6 Agent
    "This is part of the Pre-Title? I thought the stuff in Norway was the Pre-Title stuff? "

If the Norway stuff is the Pre-Title, presumably Bond doesn't appear in those scenes given the rumours about that particular sequence being a flashback? I just think it's relatively unlikely that Eon would choose to start the film with a Bond-less Pre-Title, like in FRWL or LALD, but its not completely beyond the realm of possibility...

"Now I'm curious what happened to Primos eye."

I'm curious about this as well. In the 45 second clip released the other day, the Primo character did appear to have mismatched or scarred eyes (can't really tell which), which when coupled with Safin's apparent face scars, would make this the first Bond film since at least The Spy Who Loved Me where both the villain and henchman have the much-cliched traditional physical defects of a Bond enemy...

"The spectre of defeat..."

I just think it's relatively unlikely that Eon would choose to start the film with a Bond-less Pre-Title, like in FRWL or LALD, but its not completely beyond the realm of possibility...

There's also TMWTGG...

We already know from the tracklist the score after the gunbarrel is named "Matera". Bond will presumably appear to set a continuity with Sp and the "perfect" romance.
    Furthermore, if you focus on the lyrics of the title song, you can suppose it's written from Bond's point of view (his fear of another betrayal after Vesper's one). I believe the credits will open after Bond turns around, leaving Madeleine in the train...
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    One little technical point. It is unlikely that the scene under the ice is a flashback of Ms Swann as a child. Why ffs? I hear you yell! Simples, the Czech VZ58 did not exist at the time of the believed flashback in this configuration :s