Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 533MI6 Agent
    But the actress confirmed she's 007
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 4,223MI6 Agent
    But the actress confirmed she's 007

Did she actually though? Is there a quote?

I'm sure she is, and there's more to the 003 thing than we know, but I don't know what's going on.
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,350MI6 Agent
    Per THUNDERBALL, 003 was a female agent. If you look at the big scene where they're all gathered for a briefing, 003 is a woman. It'd be neat if NTTD were subtly nodding towards that in terms of 003.
    Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
    For what it's worth, THIS is the book where that picture reportedly comes from:
    https://www.007.com/50-greatest-bond-cars/

and here's the scene in TB where you can clearly see that 003 is a woman:
    Thunderball-female-00-agent.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370
    Current rankings:
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,351MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Possible spoiler:

There's a new book out called THE 50 GREATEST BOND CARS. It features some cars from NTTD and the following image is in the book:

j8issn0d55g61.jpg

If true, we know who Nomi is.

Back in March 2020 the code name 003 surfaced in connection with the car we see Nomi in when she picks up Bond in Norway.
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/972555/#p972555

This article refers to a new Aston Martin car by the code 003.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/9085103/james-bond-aston-martin-003-red-bull-racing/#comments
    I guess that codename for the Valhalla might have lead to some confusion.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,529MI6 Agent
    If this is an officially licensed book, I have a hard time imagining how they could have gotten that wrong.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Yeah, that'd be a big error to get missed. And there's no misreading that picture, it clearly states that she is 003.
    Current rankings:
  • mark3811mark3811 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I think your right, my take on it is that the book was presumably due to be released after the movies release meaning the 003 "secret" would be out by now, however with the movie being delayed again I think this could be a slip up by somebody either in the publishing house or Eon, just a thought
    Talking of Lashana Lynch, way way back with the April 2019 Goldeneye live 'cast reveal' broadcast I got to see the TV channel Good Morning Britain (not America) interviews and was struck by something Lashana Lynch said. I couldn't find the interview on the internet afterwards but have now found a 16 May 2019 report by the UK tabloid The Sun which has the GMB interview I saw as part of a 1min 59s video from the Live Reveal event. You can find the video at the bottom of this article:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/9085103/james-bond-aston-martin-003-red-bull-racing/#comments

An interviewer is talking to Lashana, Cary and DC at 1min into the video and listen carefully to what Lashana says at 1 min 14sec, "It's not," in response to the interviewer saying it is DC's last Bond film.

Watch Fukunaga's face as she says it.
    Hm. I actually can't find where she says 'I am 007', but they ask her 'what do you think about the people outraged that you are 007", and she doesn't deny it.

Also In the spanish dubbed trailer, when Bond is on the phone, he says "I met your new cero, cero, siete."

So I am pretty sure she is 007. I think that coffee table book is a typo.
    edited February 12
    mark3811 wrote:
    I think your right, my take on it is that the book was presumably due to be released after the movies release meaning the 003 "secret" would be out by now, however with the movie being delayed again I think this could be a slip up by somebody either in the publishing house or Eon, just a thought

007 is the secret. They spoiled it in november because its the only thing they had to create buzz for the next 4 months.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,529MI6 Agent
    Is there any chance Bond gets back the 007 number without her dying and she becomes 003?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Hm. I actually can't find where she says 'I am 007', but they ask her 'what do you think about the people outraged that you are 007", and she doesn't deny it.

Well they say they say that, but we have to take their word for it. That she doesn't address it at all perhaps suggests that she may not have been responding to that question at all.
    Also In the spanish dubbed trailer, when Bond is on the phone, he says "I met your new cero, cero, siete."

So I am pretty sure she is 007. I think that coffee table book is a typo.

Yes I do think she is too; I don't see why a writer would introduce a new 00, when Bond has left the service, and not make her 007. Having him meet his replacement is just what you would do in this situation, it would be weird if she wasn't 007.

It'd be like Mallory taking over from Dench's M and saying "no no, call me Gareth". He's M, of course he is! :D
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    A fantastic article by production sound mixer Simon Hayes about the Norwegian leg of the shoot.

https://www.local695.com/magazine/no-time-to-die/
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,105MI6 Agent
    Far too technical for me, but sound carriers very well in winter landscapes. Footsteps in cold snow or on ice have a distinctive sound that fits tense thriller scenes. I look forward to watching this scene.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 529MI6 Agent
    three images from a japanese magazine

Screenshot-2021-02-15-notimetodie-Hashtag-auf-Instagram-Fotos-und-Videos-1.pngScreenshot-2021-02-15-notimetodie-Hashtag-auf-Instagram-Fotos-und-Videos.png
  • 006006 Posts: 221MI6 Agent
    edited April 7

Hey all,

Don't know if this is the right thread to post this in, but since it is almost six months until the premier of No Time To Die, I have used my image and satellite intelligence / investigations skills to identify a location as seen in the trailer. The location is the image of the London scenes of a building that is being infiltrated as seen in the film.

It got me thinking as a Londoner as to where that location is, it turns out from my research that the filming took part near where I used to work, and hence why I recognised where the location is.

So let's have a look at some of the stills from the film and with my annotations to identify key landmarks:

So from this assessment this building is on the north side of the River Thames and is close to the city of London, so let me overlay this with a map of London to help explain:

I have highlighted the area where the building is, one thing for sure is that the building is a computer generated image, and I have used another still to add to my conclusion that the red circled area is indeed the place where the building is located.

In the above still you can see that the Southbank Tower and One Blackfriars Building is in the background. So this got me thinking about looking where the street is, and I think I have found it (10 Temple Avenue, London), have a look at the still below, and the compare it with the google street view image:

Obviously there is a difference in the viewing angle, however, I do think that this is a potential if not exact match for the street view, and also confirms that the building is indeed computer generated.

Now the building itself whilst being computer generated is probably modeled on another building in the city of London, and the building at 2 St Mary's Axe, London does look similar:

Anyway, these are some of my thoughts, but would be interested to get your thoughts

For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 99MI6 Agent

Excellent work! I actually work on Temple Avenue, so this blew my mind.

What's more shocking is that they seemingly just used the images from Google Maps and composited them together! What a lazy thing to do! I saw they did something similar with the ariel view Google has of Port Antonio during the scene from the second trailer with the CGI plane.

This bad CGI is comparable to Black Panther. Great film, let down by wobbly CGI.

• Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,147MI6 Agent

Russia is a pretty big market for Bond films and EON isn't going to make a film with the Russian government as the bad guy and risk angering Putin.

Same reason, you won't see any films with the Chinese government as the bad guy, even if factually on point.

Has anyone else noticed how much blood is on Bond's sleeve in this BTS photo of Daniel on set....I mean it is a lot of blood. Perhaps he's taken a few bullets here. Maybe courtesy of Safin?

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,680MI6 Agent

Or maybe it's not his blood at all. Is it possible someone died in his arms? I thought it was mentioned somewhere that three different endings wee filmed for the movie. Maybe this "dress" was for one of the alternate endings?

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

That would be too expensive surely to film three different endings? It's also notable that Bond has more blood and dirt on his face than earlier when he confronts Safin and later once he takes the jumper off. I suspect this photo of Craig on the bike comes near the end!

Still can't believe he's in his 50s when I see those! 😄

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 1,989MI6 Agent

Interesting detective work there 006👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,680MI6 Agent

It was a rumor floating around during the filming process. It would keep the climax a secret though up until the film is released.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

I agree, it is one of the three endings Fukunaga said he had shot. Another ending can be seen in the photo of Bond back at the Submarine pen on the high walkway. I posted that at The Other Place.

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube

Some interesting implications here for the future of Bond if the sale/merger/takeover goes through:

Current rankings:

New article from Total Film, with some new, slightly spoilery, information.