Inside the real-world Double-O section of Her Majesty's Secret Service

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I don't think there's too many who'd allege that. Sadly
    With many conspiracy theories. They do seem to reach
    For the most contrived ideas. I'd rate this with the Fake
    Manchester bombing etc.
    Nothing personal Osris, I simply find many of these
    Alternative fact theories silly and insulting to the victims.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,023MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Thats very rude, self righteous and presumptuous. You can find any of the info I just put up on the WWW.
    Easy Tiger - the source of the article was Tomlinson - few who knew him in service spoke very highly of him - hence my previous comment.

As you say rest is pretty much available on the WWW, but making it public just makes the job harder - for those who do it. There is a reason it is secret - protection of those who serve and do the job for real.

But I fully understand the interest it garners.

Cheers :007)

Apologies. Nothing I post has any relevance to today’s opsec. It’s at least 20 years out of date and fluffy. It’s far from relevant in today’s theatre.

So it's no longer immodium and cling film, it's immodium and zip-lock bags!!! :)) :)) :)) :))
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent
    I think we are digging into an important part of life working in Brown Ops. Keep digging, I say! :))
    I assume the plastic bag is stored seperate from the food, but did major leaks ever happen?
    I only ask because leaks has always been a problem in the inteligence services.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    It’s funny how the human race gets so bent out of shape when it comes to poo - it’s just waste.

On covert ops you leave no trace and that can include removing your own trash, poo and pee (which can be recycled see Bear Gryils) should the need arise. Generally (and naturally) one would take all precautions against leaks (multiple bagging etc) but they can happen. Always stored separately from food. Sometimes you can even find a friend happy to hold the bag (beware the phantom turd burglar). As mentioned zip locks were a god send and an upgrade from cling film or bin liner.

Seen a couple of ‘leakage incidents’ always funny when it’s not you :D

Occasionally a full/used bag may turn up in your respirator pouch thanks to the consideration of a close friend nee git! (But that’s all pretty much stopped these days much more professional and less humour).

Of course then there is always the poor sod for whom compo does not bind up, but then you really have a slippery situation to deal with! (Break out the Imodium early if possible).

Then there is natures natural laxative - your first contact!

There is of course an alternative, I once deployed with one guy who did not poo for 9 days! It was not natural at all. When he did go he was screaming like a banshee.

Squaddie humour you cannot beat it :D

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Informative. Adults often have irrational reactions when talking about poo. One of the downsides is that politicians don't want to talk about making the infrastructure needed and the health and social problems of not having said infrastructure. One of the results is that more people in India have access to a smart phone than a toilet! A woman who works in an NGO trying to give the people of India toilet and good sewer systems said the world would be a better place if young boys ran this part of politics because they have no problems talking about poo.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I dropped my browning in a freshly laid log once. A mushy one. Never lived it down.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I remember what it was like taking a dump in the winter back when I did my national service. It was a major operation. First the GRU (Means horror, but actually an abrivation of "grunnutrustrning" - basic equipment. The pouches of ammo etc.). Then the white camouflage. Then the uniform jacket, because you needed to remove the suspenders. Then drop the trousers. Then the wool underwear and finally the underpants. Great fun in a snow storm....
    edited August 2018
    Number24 wrote:
    I remember what it was like taking a dump in the winter back when I did my national service. It was a major operation. First the GRU (Means horror, but actually an abrivation of "grunnutrustrning" - basic equipment. The pouches of ammo etc.). Then the white camouflage. Then the uniform jacket, because you needed to remove the suspenders. Then drop the trousers. Then the wool underwear and finally the underpants. Great fun in a snow storm....
    That reminds of the joys of deficating drills in the old NBC suit (green noddy type for the use of). Get those wrong an you could carry a turd inside your suit for some time before everyone removed their respirators and smelt the offendering culprit :D

Should do what the Royals do on the Arctic training, curl one out, let it freeze and pass it to you mate as chocolate on night stag :D (so I have been told of course)

Someone get us back on topic this thread is starting to stink!

• osrisosris Posts: 558MI6 Agent
    Manchester bombing etc.

I’m not saying that I necessarily believe it, just that the article doesn’t sound that far outside the realm of possibilities. Channel 4 made a documentary in the 1990s supporting this particular conspiracy, and so it possibly might have some credence behind it.
    osris wrote:
    Manchester bombing etc.

I’m not saying that I necessarily believe it, just that the article doesn’t sound that far outside the realm of possibilities. Channel 4 made a documentary in the 1990s supporting this particular conspiracy, and so it possibly might have some credence behind it.
    So did Armstrong landing on the moon until Connery drove through the set on Diamonds Are Forever :D

Assassinations can be a complex operation. In 2010 the Mossad tried to poison a high-ranking Hamas member at a hotel in Dubai. The Mossad flew in a team of 27 agents. In spite of, or because of the High number of agents, the attempt failed. Dubai sent out international arrest orders for the team. Even more humiluating - Dubai made public on the internet a long video of the agents taken from security cameras.
    Here is a long and detailed look at the PC Fletcher shooting:

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Yvonne_Fletcher
    Wikispooks :)) You would probably get more accurate information of you cast the rune sticks.
    Not really a response.
    It was a concise response. It’s not even worth reading because that site is so full of BS and disinformation, you’d be better off reading the Sunday Sport for information.
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Wikispooks , basically ballcocks , and as for that other site you referenced I glanced at the Mull of Kintyre crash article , even more BS , "Black on black" painted chinook, it was NATO green, miniguns, it was unarmed, mass of antenna on the side, standard Chinook HF fit , a friend of mine was killed on it .

May I suggest one of these for your wardrobe .

42266493270_a57f467f55_b.jpgDP5PN4LVAAAvDqH by Tony Osborne, on Flickr
    Still not good enough, guys. I need more precise criticisms of the two detailed articles I posted and not ad hominem arguments about the sites they are on. As I said before, I don’t necessarily believe the conspiracy myself, but I’d like cogent and sensible criticism of it.
    You’re on the wrong forum. I doubt you’ll find anyone on here willing to invest time in conspiracy theories like that.
    osris wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Like stuffing cling film wrapped turds into your Bergen.

How does one wash their hand in such instances? Serious question. Have always wondered this.
    Simple answer and as crass at it sounds you don’t on covert ops that’s the least of your worries!

Though you do get wipes on the rat packs these days but anything that smells like alcohol gels or wipes could give you away due to smell.

Trick is to smell as natural as possible to blend in to your surroundings and just apply some basic common sense and hygiene.

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I was in Piccadilly at the time WPC Yvonne Fletcher was shot and killed ,there was bobbies running like mad in their navy tunics (no hi viz in them days ) and a few slung their helmets on the ground so they could run faster (it must of been a Vine street thing ) but the Jermyn st/ Piccadilly area was in total chaos .nothing like this had happend to the Met before . Even now if I'm ever in St James Sui will pay my respect to the poor girl . I would hazard a guess and say 90% of people don't even notice or know what that small stone marker even means ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Last time I passed there in March, it had been vandalised.
    Bond44 wrote:
    osris wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Like stuffing cling film wrapped turds into your Bergen.

How does one wash their hand in such instances? Serious question. Have always wondered this.
    Simple answer and as crass at it sounds you don’t on covert ops that’s the least of your worries!

Though you do get wipes on the rat packs these days but anything that smells like alcohol gels or wipes could give you away due to smell.

Trick is to smell as natural as possible to blend in to your surroundings and just apply some basic common sense and hygiene.

Grass, bracken and soil are your friends.
    We had a covert OP once , and we was trying to ambush the JCB bank raiders ,we pulled up in a sneaky beaky van , so we could step straight through the front door of our post ,which was a dental surgery , I think the dentist was kindly pursue dead to let Kents finest into letting us use his 2nd floor practice in exchange for one or two parking tickets to get lost :)) :)) . Any way me and my partner thumbled our way up the stairs in the pitch black (couldn't use mag lights or turn on the lights it would give the game away) we took up our respective look outs , and broke out the coffee and duty sarnies , then as our eyes became adjusted to the dark , I found I was being stared at but 200 pairs of false teeth on the shelves put me right of my cheese possessed sarnie , I bet that never happend to Jack bloody Regan
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    AS you should have known,
    many teeth come out at night. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    AS you should have known,
    many teeth come out at night. :D

It certainly was a full filling experience (bad joke)
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    osris wrote:

Grass, bracken and soil are your friends.
    That’s up there with my cadet instructor years ago teaching us to make a hole in your 3 sheets of toilet paper you got in the ration packs to insert ones pinky. Wipe your butt with said pinky and then use the paper to wipe ones finger clean - did it for years before I found out is was a WAH! :D

:) it seems that method was taught a lot :)
    We had a covert OP once , and we was trying to ambush the JCB bank raiders ,we pulled up in a sneaky beaky van , so we could step straight through the front door of our post ,which was a dental surgery , I think the dentist was kindly pursue dead to let Kents finest into letting us use his 2nd floor practice in exchange for one or two parking tickets to get lost :)) :)) . Any way me and my partner thumbled our way up the stairs in the pitch black (couldn't use mag lights or turn on the lights it would give the game away) we took up our respective look outs , and broke out the coffee and duty sarnies , then as our eyes became adjusted to the dark , I found I was being stared at but 200 pairs of false teeth on the shelves put me right of my cheese possessed sarnie , I bet that never happend to Jack bloody Regan

I suspect soldiers and police working with reconnaissance get to observ a lot of human (and animal) behavior that others seldom see. I also suspect they are often very bored.
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Back on topic:

I wonder how many countries have "licence to kill" units? I'm not talking about regular military, more assassination units.

I would guess/know the US, UK, Russia, Israel, China, Iran and North Korea.

US Presidential Executive Order 12333, Part 2, Section 2.11 Prohibits Assassinations.

2.11Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"