Inside the real-world Double-O section of Her Majesty's Secret Service

13»

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Back on topic:

I wonder how many countries have "licence to kill" units? I'm not talking about regular military, more assassination units.

I would guess/know the US, UK, Russia, Israel, China, Iran and North Korea.

US Presidential Executive Order 12333, Part 2, Section 2.11 Prohibits Assassinations.

2.11Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.

There you go then. That’ll stop them.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Back on topic:

I wonder how many countries have "licence to kill" units? I'm not talking about regular military, more assassination units.

I would guess/know the US, UK, Russia, Israel, China, Iran and North Korea.

US Presidential Executive Order 12333, Part 2, Section 2.11 Prohibits Assassinations.

2.11Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.

There you go then. That’ll stop them.

Like every other law enacted by Congress, there are always differing opinions on how they are applied.
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    Drones are used for assassinations. We also know of cases where SEAL team 6/DEVGRU has been sent to kill spesific targets. God knows what CIA's SOG has done. The law is clear, but the reality is unfortunately muddy.
  • osrisosris Posts: 558MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    sniperUK wrote:
    Wikispooks , basically ballcocks , and as for that other site you referenced I glanced at the Mull of Kintyre crash article , even more BS , "Black on black" painted chinook, it was NATO green, miniguns, it was unarmed, mass of antenna on the side, standard Chinook HF fit , a friend of mine was killed on it .

May I suggest one of these for your wardrobe .

42266493270_a57f467f55_b.jpgDP5PN4LVAAAvDqH by Tony Osborne, on Flickr

That tin foil looks good on you.

Quote from the article about the Channel 4 documentary (I wonder if Channel 4 fall into your category of "basically ballcocks"?):

"The Official Narrative official view that WPC Fletcher was fired upon and killed by someone in the Libyan Embassy has been disputed by a number of experts, including army ballistics officer Lt-Col George Styles and Home Office pathologist, Hugh Thomas. Prime Minister Tony Blair was questioned on this subject by MP Tam Dalyell in Parliament on 24 June 1997.

Participants who appeared in Channel 4's Dispatches documentary entitled "Murder In St James's" highlighted such issues as the velocity of the bullet and the angle at which it entered Fletcher's body. Lt-Col Styles stated that a high velocity bullet from a Sterling submachine gun would have passed straight through her body at an angle of 15°, and Hugh Thomas rebutted evidence given by Ian West, the pathologist at the inquest, that the 60° angle of entry of the bullet could be explained by Fletcher's turning to the right or left."
  • Coldheart96Coldheart96 Florida , USAPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    Number24 wrote:
    Drones are used for assassinations. We also know of cases where SEAL team 6/DEVGRU has been sent to kill spesific targets. God knows what CIA's SOG has done. The law is clear, but the reality is unfortunately muddy.
    Bond: "Who would spend $1 million to kill me?"
    M: "Jealous husbands. Outraged chefs. Humiliated tailors. The list is endless!"
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    We had a covert OP once , and we was trying to ambush the JCB bank raiders ,we pulled up in a sneaky beaky van , so we could step straight through the front door of our post ,which was a dental surgery , I think the dentist was kindly pursue dead to let Kents finest into letting us use his 2nd floor practice in exchange for one or two parking tickets to get lost :)) :)) . Any way me and my partner thumbled our way up the stairs in the pitch black (couldn't use mag lights or turn on the lights it would give the game away) we took up our respective look outs , and broke out the coffee and duty sarnies , then as our eyes became adjusted to the dark , I found I was being stared at but 200 pairs of false teeth on the shelves put me right of my cheese possessed sarnie , I bet that never happend to Jack bloody Regan

I suspect soldiers and police working with reconnaissance get to observ a lot of human (and animal) behavior that others seldom see. I also suspect they are often very bored.

Well I can't speak for Bond44 or Asp 9mm , but I loved it , I was never ever bored , yes some of the guys would rather be out , kicking doors or heads in
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,007MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    Number24 wrote:
    I remember what it was like taking a dump in the winter ....

Oh yes, the winter, you just hope it's cold enough for your waste to turn solid before you soil your self...

I uh..... I... "remember a guy" who took a dump into the hood of his white wintercammies, we were in a hurry, and uh.... "he" didn't check where his hood was after uh.... "he" had unzipped and drawn down the white overalls... Nasty business!

EDIT: You should have seen the face of the QM when those winter cammies were returned, sans hood!!! "There was this little accident..."
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    When Osris started this thread about the dirty side of covert ops he had no idea how sh1tty it would get ….. :#
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,007MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    I wonder if it would be possible for soldiers on stake-outs in forests etc. to be issued with “adult nappies” in order to prevent them having to wipe their arses with their bare hands and thus contaminate their binoculars and other shared equipment used. Such nappies are used in care homes for the elderly and are very reliable and, as you would expect, are water-proof, and only allow a minimum of squelching noise when sitting on hard seats. Such nappies would be a much-needed (and, I imagine, welcome) item in any military unit's list of essential clothing when on reconnoitres.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Back in the day covert ops were fun, yes it can get a little boring, cold/ hot/ wet etc. You spend time ‘observing’ but you would be surprised the funny things people do when they think they are alone.

Did have one instance where a location under observation turned out to be a dogging site - no one slept that night we were all practically fighting with each other to stag on :D

People do the strangest things at night and NVDs are a god send :))

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    osris wrote:
    I wonder if it would be possible for soldiers on stake-outs in forests etc. to be issued with “adult nappies” in order to prevent them having to wipe their arses with their bare hands and thus contaminate their binoculars and other shared equipment used. Such nappies are used in care homes for the elderly and are very reliable and, as you would expect, are water-proof, and only allow a minimum of squelching noise when sitting on hard seats. Such nappies would be a much-needed (and, I imagine, welcome) item in any military unit's list of essential clothing when on reconnoitres.
    Seriously, it’s a natural bodily function you know you have to deal with it on such ops. You plan, prepare and deal with it as for anything else that could happen while deployed.

I have an elder family member in my family in a home who wears such nappies regrettably - personally I would rather poo in a black bag and carry it with me in my Bergan and take the risk (than carry in in my nappy all day).

Apparently, the army use the following method to clean their arses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JofDuTmFpL8

But what if your finger or hand has been wounded in battle? Is it permissible for another member of your unit to practice this cleaning method on you?
    See post 58 - do keep up :D (completely forgot the corner thing)

Well if it ain’t there (finger or hand) you cannot use it, not rocket science you just ask a friend :D

Ask them nicely they might even use their tongue!

Bond44 wrote:

Well if it ain’t there (finger or hand) you cannot use it, not rocket science you just ask a friend :D

Yes, I saw post 58 but thought a visual example of it would be interesting. I couldn’t find any videos of it actually being used to wipe an arse, though.
    One way to use the finger in the tissue method, is to put your hand in one of those bio-degradable disposable cellophane gloves that you can get in packets of 50 from any pharmacy. You can then use the finger in the tissue method without getting stool on your finger, and can throw the glove away along with the tissue.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    osris wrote:
    One way to use the finger in the tissue method, is to put your hand in one of those bio-degradable disposable cellophane gloves that you can get in packets of 50 from any pharmacy. You can then use the finger in the tissue method without getting stool on your finger, and can throw the glove away along with the tissue.

You have to use your finger. It attracts the crap better than a glove as that just smears it. You really need to try it to see how effective it is.

We’d have had so much fun with you in the military :)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    edited August 2018
    osris wrote:
    You could also blow up one of those gloves stick it on you head and look like a turkey for thanks giving :D

Gotta say your interest and research on the subject goes way beyond normal but somewhat flattering. You simply hang on as long as you can (use drugs like Imodium if required), dump in something, seal it and take it home with you and dispose of it at the first opportunity. No more fancy than that you do what it takes because the op takes primacy.

osris wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

Yes, I saw post 58 but thought a visual example of it would be interesting. I couldn’t find any videos of it actually being used to wipe an arse, though.
    Do you know what a WAH is?

The example you found on you tube and my reference in post 58 are built on ignorance and gullibility (and sometimes pure stupidity). I was taught it in the cadets at age 13 by an instructor who thought it would be a laugh. And yes some actually did it until someone pointed out how bad (unhygienic) it actually might be. Then like all good military training you store the idea until you can do the same to the next generation (and yes I have for fun). It’s a passage of rights you go through and relatively harmless fun (unless you do forget to wash your hands).

On certain ops such things as defication have to be planned for and that’s what you do as part of your preparation using known coping methods (or make up your own).

It’s as simple as that and let’s face it not going to give away all the trade secrets :))

Now enough **** already (you gotta love the sites word corrector could not hav e put it better myself) :D

This thread seems populated by "army types". How many of you have seen action?
    edited August 2018
    osris wrote:
    Don’t even ask because that normally follows with a) Have you ever shot anyone or b) Have you ever been shot - neither the most well though out questions to ask a service person (especially anyone who has served certainly in the last 20 years because they have probably been somewhere hot or maybe even cold going back further).

Suggest you check out the Military Service thread it’s all there if you are really that interested - it’s a good read and certainly enlightening :D

Thanks. I didn’t know about that thread. I’ll take a look.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Now that I think we have exhausted the topic of bum wiping on behalf of Her Majesty's Govt :)) :))
    In the execution of ones duty ? .Are there any other interesting anecdotes to be shared with our non
    Crown employee members 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    osris wrote:
    Don’t even ask because that normally follows with a) Have you ever shot anyone or b) Have you ever been shot - neither the most well though out questions to ask a service person (especially anyone who has served certainly in the last 20 years because they have probably been somewhere hot or maybe even cold going back further).

Normally answered by quoting the OSA for one reason or another. ;)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Perhaps in a more light hearted vein, and hopefully not going against the official secrets act ;)
    Obviously avoiding any compromising details, ……… Any odd or unusual Initiation rituals ? Drinking
    games, or funny stories ? I do know from experience that servicemen ( and women ) can have a
    pretty " Dark" sense of humour. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Perhaps in a more light hearted vein, and hopefully not going against the official secrets act ;)
    Obviously avoiding any compromising details, ……… Any odd or unusual Initiation rituals ? Drinking
    games, or funny stories ? I do know from experience that servicemen ( and women ) can have a
    pretty " Dark" sense of humour. :D
    Most of mine are under the Military Service thread and the rest will be in my memoirs when I retire :D

For the initiation see the toothpaste and ralgex story :D
    Plenty more where that will be came from :p
    but unfortunately due to OSA I cannot comment further :D

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) " Section 26, paragraph 5: need-to-know." …. I perfectly understand
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."