Most Important Skills of James Bond

2»

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    James Bond is very skilled at recognising vintage wines and expensive perfumes.

MooreBond in particular had all kinds of unexpected skills. He recognises that rare plant in Moonraker and knows which tributary of the Amazon it grows in.
    In A View to a Kill, he cuts off Q who is attempting to define a microchip, and dissertates on the subject himself while Q stands aside and listens.

His shagadelic superpowers are still most important of all, he has saved the world many times due to that particular skill. In FRWL he asks his boss "what if I don't meet her expectations" and M orders him "see that you do". He does, and the world is saved. He seduces Goldfinger's pilot and the world is saved. He seduces Largo's mistress and the world is saved. He seduces two of Blofeld's Angels of Death, and the world is saved. He deflowers Solitaire and the world is saved.
    Decades later, DenchM is still counting on BrosnanBond to seduce the villain's wife and save the world, even after calling him a sexist misogynist relic of the Cold War in the previous adventure.
  • mpoplawskimpoplawski New Jersey, USAPosts: 128MI6 Agent
    Kama Sutra? Maybe?
    Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
    M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Definitely- he's a holder of a Kama Sutra black belt. :))

images.jpg

According to CR67, anyway.
  • Danvers NettlefoldDanvers Nettlefold Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    Nor should we forget that an important attribute of any 00 agent is the patience to endure weeks of mind-numbingly routine office work between assignments.

It's quite difficult to imagine any of the screen 007s as a report-reading desk jockey whose 'special skills' are only called upon perhaps a couple of times a year.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    To be able to control his fear?
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    - lepidoptery
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Camp X Spy SchoolCamp X Spy School Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    So if someone is running away from me and I give chase, I'm
    Not running too. ? If we both fall in to water and he can swim
    but I can't and we both drown , then I haven't really drowned as
    I wasn't a swimmer ? :))

Yes, but Bond and Malukka use different techniques to get from A to B. Simply put Bond often uses brute force and muscle strength, while Malukka uses agility and fancy moves. The obvious example may be that Malukka jumped over a high wall and Bond smashed through it. I think my sailboat/motorboat example was pretty neat: both travel on the water, but the way to acomplish it is very different. I guess boxing and judo is another example. The way I understand parkour it's about using the environment to get somewhere in an agile and elegant way. I think what Bond did was more seeing the environment a series of obstacles that are problems that must be handled using superiour muscle power.

It's the same task, but the philosophy and how it's done are different.

A great list so far but I thought I should add a small clarification. As far as I can tell, Bond is performing Parkour and Mollaka is Freerunning. Parkour was developed from military obstacle course training with the goal of getting from A to B in the quickest way possible, something Bond might have training in. Freerunning was invented by a number of people (including Sébastien Foucan, who played Mollaka) as a variant of Parkour to turn it into more of an art form adding flips and flash just for creativity’s sake. To me, we are seeing Bond perform Parkour and it is definitely a skill a double 0 should have.

Also:
    -Disarming explosives
    -Memory skill
    -Lying / detecting lying
    -Gaining trust quickly
    -Understand what motivates person you’re speaking with
    -Situational awareness
    -Improv “It’s on the bracelet, on your ankle”
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    welcome to new agent Camp X, a good name for an agent who understands the required skills of the trade.

The real Camp X is down the road from me, or at least a monument in a park commemorating that on this site once stood a Spy School. Its all suburban sprawl now.
    this streetview link should show the monument
  • Camp X Spy SchoolCamp X Spy School Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    welcome to new agent Camp X, a good name for an agent who understands the required skills of the trade.

The real Camp X is down the road from me, or at least a monument in a park commemorating that on this site once stood a Spy School. Its all suburban sprawl now.
    this streetview link should show the monument

Thank you caractacus potts, and that street view link is cool stuff!