Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Well done on your continued good work on this project... you have the patience of a saint πŸ˜‡

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • thrandreadthrandread Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Hello,

Have the mails already been sent? I've been looking forward to receive it for the past weeks, but haven't seen anything popping in my emails yet πŸ˜₯

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

One of the fabric suppliers has gone out of business, a common recurrence throughout this project. So Luigi and team are searching for this final yarn.

I've had lots of direct messages and I'm trying to reply to them as they come in.

But please be patient. I will update this thread immediately after any news I get.

We are nearly there I promise....

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • thrandreadthrandread Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Thanks for the update, and again for driving this projet!

I hope this will make people stop sending you DMs for updates πŸ˜‰

• JettVettJettVett Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Is there still time to order? Would love to be included for the PTS, London, Greene party, and Kazan!

Send a PM to 007JBDCMWR to let him know what pieces you're interested in and he'll add you to the list!

• BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

Add one more to the list, for all the ties. One of my biggest regrets was selling my collection as it was a herculean effort to find them all.

Bond crazy and JettVett both received.

Still waiting on Luigi's update re final fabric search...

• xpectrexpectre Posts: 9MI6 Agent

I’d like to add myself for the PTS and London ties pls!

• martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent

I can't PM due to the new site, or something, but I would like some ties—what is available?

"It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

@007JBDCMWR 

Any update from Luigi on the fabric source since the last one went out of business?

Thanks!

Unless you see a post from 007JBDCMWR then there are no new updates.

All.

Recent PM's replied to and spreadsheet updated.

To echo Mike's comment.

Keep an eye on this thread. Whatever and whenever I have any news from Milan, TF and Luigi, I will post it on here.

After hundreds of hours invested, I continue to do everything possible to get us over the line on this...

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

ο»ΏπŸ‘ο»ΏπŸ‘ο»ΏπŸ‘ο»ΏπŸ™Œ

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Thank you for all your hard work, @007JBDCMWR ! It is GREATLY appreciated!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • JettVettJettVett Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Thanks so much @007JBDCMWR !!! I'm all in for this! No backing out!

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

Pussy Galore: β€œMy name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: β€œI must be dreaming.”
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Happy New Year! Here's to hoping this comes about in 2022! 🍸️

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    edited January 2022

Hi all.

So good news and a bit of not so good.

First the not so good. After 2 months of searching it is impossible to find one of the yarns that makes up the Bolivia tie. I know that sounds odd but Luigi (and I) are perfectionists. So the Bolivia tie reproduction has to be dropped as it cannot be recreated close enough to accept.

As detailed before the PTS will be classed as a recreation as the azure is a fraction off, maybe not to the naked eye, but the difference is there.

London, Green Party and Kazan are Bob on.

But also please bear in mind, the QoS ties are virtually impossible to match exactly due to sheen, angles, reflective qualities etc. I never imagined when I started this I'd be so knowledgeable re tie weaves...

So.....

I am sending the spreadsheet to Luigi, disappointingly without the Bolivia...

Emails will arrive with tie info / pics etc. Also order process etc.

Orders will close end of February. With first shipments going out late April / May if all goes to plan...

So so sorry re letting everyone down on the Bolivia tie. It is something we will continue to work on however should a matching pink yarn ever be found.

Thanks for sticking with us on this project and hopefully we haven't lost too many members over the last couple of years...

Best.

M

• StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent

Hi mate,

First of all thanks for the update. I know you have worked really hard to keep this project on track and everyone is appreciative of your hard work. To get 3 ties with the same detail 13 years after the film is unbelievable.

Secondly, you haven't let anyone down. I know some may be disappointed but you certainly have not let anyone down. This project has been years in the making and you have stuck with it where some would have conceded defeat. With Covid and everything else going on in the world it's amazing that this project has got where it is. The effort that you, Luigi and others have put in has been incredible and I would like to say thank you.

Everyone owes you a great deal of thanks and I am sure everyone will still be in for the rest of the ties.

All the best and look forward to receiving the emails from Luigi.

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

Are the linings going to be the same or the newer versions we are seeing in reruns?

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Morning

Luigi has the originals and was indeed looking at linings to be replicated as close as can be.

I have another call with him next week so will ask him to confirm.

M

• dwf76dwf76 Chesterfield, UKPosts: 46MI6 Agent

No need to apologize over the Bolivia tie, as others have said, you've done/are still doing an amazing job :)

• 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent

M,

Great job, and considering all that has happened this is a massive achievement, thank you for your hard work, and whilst the Bolivia tie is missing, I am still all in to get the other ties from this amazingly stylish film.

Thanks again! 🍸️

For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent

Just echoing what the others have said, great job!

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

Magnifico...🍸️

as all have said, well done.

The Bolivia tie situation isn't so bad...after all I am still trying to win the lottery so I can go on sabbatical!

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Fantastic work thanks so much. Would it be possible to advise when emails have been sent please? Therefore if anyone is missed that can be rectified. Again thanks for all the hard work and perseverance.

Anthony

Yes I'll update here every step...

M