Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    I've tried to avoid spoilers for No Time To Die but I understand the story seems to be Bond's watch falls from his wrist while shaking a martini, and the entire plot is him trying to resolve it with Omega customer service.
    In the end he gives up and buys a Rolex instead.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:
    I've tried to avoid spoilers for No Time To Die but I understand the story seems to be Bond's watch falls from his wrist while shaking a martini, and the entire plot is him trying to resolve it with Omega customer service.

Good luck to him. They’ll just palm him off with a branded phone charger that doesn’t work 8-)

Seriously though, as if I hadn’t been kicked in the nuts enough with this watch, now it may fall apart on me X-( Splendid.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Jellyfish wrote:

Good luck to him. They’ll just palm him off with a branded phone charger that doesn’t work 8-)

Seriously though, as if I hadn’t been kicked in the nuts enough with this watch, now it may fall apart on me X-( Splendid.

It was reading your experiences a while ago that made me write this! Nice black Seamaster on the other thread by the way-I think that's my favourite Seamaster 300 model.
    I just read your ‘spoiler’ :))
    Asp9mm wrote:

Sorry for ruining the film for you!
    Jellyfish wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Sorry for ruining the film for you!

You kidding. That just made it so much better.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    Just seen this about possible issues with the bracelet

https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-bond-omega.92852/page-56

Yikes. Things like that should not be happening to watches that cost what they do in less than a year since release. Might have to contact Omega and see if I can get the upgraded bracelet as a backup.
    JTM wrote:
    ichaice wrote:
    Just seen this about possible issues with the bracelet

https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-bond-omega.92852/page-56

Yikes. Things like that should not be happening to watches that cost what they do in less than a year since release. Might have to contact Omega and see if I can get the upgraded bracelet as a backup.

They will only do a direct swap. They don’t want the old ones out there, plus a few people have tried that in the hope of selling the bracelets on for quite a good profit. There’s stacks of people who bought them on the NATO that want the bracelet. Omega won’t want people taking sales off them.
  • imranbecksimranbecks SingaporePosts: 139MI6 Agent
    Those who have the watch and still using the old mesh are wearing time bombs... No pun intended. The mesh may just break any time without warning. God forbid it breaks while it's on the wrist. Better to change it with the new mesh.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Better not hold your wrist over the rail of a ship or yacht...... :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Blessing in disguise not got mine yet as would be nightmare getting it swapped from my location.

Bit of a bummer its not SA with new bracelet but guess no other choice
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Found this photoshop on an Omega forum and really like it. Something very...piercing about the color scheme...

891448-b2762b011fdb5a27486e532bbda86405.jpg
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Blessing in disguise not got mine yet as would be nightmare getting it swapped from my location.

Leads to the question: have they swapped the bracelet out on new product? It's not like they've issued a recall on the ones out in the wild.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Leads to the question: have they swapped the bracelet out on new product? It's not like they've issued a recall on the ones out in the wild.

I know there was some criticism of the grade of titanium used in the watch. Is Omega using grade 2 instead of grade 5 a reason for the weld failing?
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    imranbecks wrote:
    Those who have the watch and still using the old mesh are wearing time bombs... No pun intended. The mesh may just break any time without warning. God forbid it breaks while it's on the wrist. Better to change it with the new mesh.

Top quality stuff obviously! :D

There's a new interview with Lashana Lynch here (in which she doesn't mention once what her double-O number is) where it says she wears a 38mm Seamaster Aqua Terra Master Chronometer. I know we've seen her in the Bond Seamaster but I can't quite place that one, that's a fairly standard-looking ladies AT?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lashana-lynch-on-no-time-to-die-and-her-favourite-omega-watch-grbljdr8x
    emtiem wrote:
    imranbecks wrote:

There's a new interview with Lashana Lynch here (in which she doesn't mention once what her double-O number is) where it says she wears a 38mm Seamaster Aqua Terra Master Chronometer. I know we've seen her in the Bond Seamaster but I can't quite place that one, that's a fairly standard-looking ladies AT?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lashana-lynch-on-no-time-to-die-and-her-favourite-omega-watch-grbljdr8x

f80jcxyqmyo31.png
    Thanks yeah, I remember seeing it there but not really knowing which it is. I think I got more distracted by her bendy gun! :)
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Here's a closer look if you're interested. With Omega's nylon nato strap

jb-nomi-nttd-800-1200.jpg
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,126MI6 Agent
    Found this photoshop on an Omega forum and really like it. Something very...piercing about the color scheme...

891448-b2762b011fdb5a27486e532bbda86405.jpg

Love that :)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

I know there was some criticism of the grade of titanium used in the watch. Is Omega using grade 2 instead of grade 5 a reason for the weld failing?

It's probably why the weld failed but I can't be sure. I did try searching online for information on the different grades of titanium specifically grades 2 vs 5 but ingot mostly technical explanations which are useless for this discussion! I found this link that explains things in more layman's terms.....

https://titaniumprocessingcenter.com/tips-choose-right-titanium-grade/
    I know where you keep your gun!
    84-C932-C9-5224-4330-ABFD-1-B55-C9-FAF68-E.jpg
    Some people were complaining that Bonds NTTD Seamaster wouldn’t have aged so much if it was his first issued watch. Actually it’s quite plausible. Here’s a 1997 TND Seamaster. And the old tritium markers have aged to a NTTD patina. I had one that had aged like that in 2006, and my light up TWINE had too. So if Bond is now over 50 which his dossier says, he could have been issued this while he was early 20’s in the RN. We shall see in what context the watch is presented. If it is. But the ageing is perfectly acceptable compared to real watches.

1-D7-BA737-8-A63-4152-BA31-2-ADF2150134-C.png
  • imranbecksimranbecks SingaporePosts: 139MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    imranbecks wrote:

It's the 38mm black Aqua Terra on a black nato strap.

49177301881_1c16b9db37_b.jpg
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Has anyone seen the NTTD edition of the Omega Lifetime magazine at an AD? Mine in Austin has yet to receive them and I'm wondering if I should drive to San Antonio to the boutique if they have them.
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    My AD had them about 6 weeks ago
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Some people were complaining that Bonds NTTD Seamaster wouldn’t have aged so much if it was his first issued watch. Actually it’s quite plausible. Here’s a 1997 TND Seamaster. And the old tritium markers have aged to a NTTD patina. I had one that had aged like that in 2006, and my light up TWINE had too. So if Bond is now over 50 which his dossier says, he could have been issued this while he was early 20’s in the RN. We shall see in what context the watch is presented. If it is. But the ageing is perfectly acceptable compared to real watches.

1-D7-BA737-8-A63-4152-BA31-2-ADF2150134-C.png

Wow I've not seen one like that- that looks quite good to me.
    imranbecks wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    imranbecks wrote:

Thanks, that's very handsome. I think I prefer that to Bond's actually. Although not on the Nato.
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    imranbecks wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    imranbecks wrote:

49177301881_1c16b9db37_b.jpg

But who will be wearing the Omega Seamaster Diver 300M on that striped NATO-strap?
    Seven wrote:
    But who will be wearing the Omega Seamaster Diver 300M on that striped NATO-strap?

Also Lynch:

ga090-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-no-time-to-die-nomi-lashana-lyn.jpg

Nomi2.jpg
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    eBay item number: 124440653374

A fake by his own admission but bids currently at £2k, am I missing something here?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    eBay item number: 124440653374

A fake by his own admission but bids currently at £2k, am I missing something here?

That's crazy, I guess they haven't read the listing properly? But also the seller has given the listing a dishonest title, not to mention that shouldn't be on eBay at all and will most likely be pulled very soon.