Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

1272829303133»

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

I think if anyone wants one. They should do it now. All the evidence suggests production is slowing down, when it should be ramping up with the film still in the public mind and the BR coming out for Christmas.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

Film clearly done its trick and had a huge impact despite the watch being out well in advance due to original schedule. Saw these everywhere in UK in July / Aug

Instagram - bondclothes007

And all the hardcore Omega and Bond fans would have bought them way before that. It’ll be like the first Snoopy. Except that didn’t sell well at all. I remember them gathering dust and being discounted. Now look at it.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

I’ve been monitoring them in the second hand market and although there are quite a few new and used on Chrono24, the price difference is negligible and they certainly ain’t falling!

I think I must just have to pull the trigger, annoyingly Here in New Zealand there is only 1 omega dealer, with 3 stores nationwide, over both islands so for the Milanese they are charging about NZ$17,500 (US$12,500), which is daylight robbery in my book.

• SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent

No need for the watch for me after seeing the movie.

"Better late than never."

That was the plan, to have one shipped in from the states.. can’t leave NZ just now, we’ll I can, but can’t get back into the country with mandatory quarantine still in place for all, and zero spaces left until about April!!

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Watch out for import tax…not sure how it works in NZ but for Aus it’s a killer 💀

I thought if that too.. I would be charged GST at the border, so even with 15%, it’s a couple of grand cheaper!

• QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent

@Gymkata is it possible to request a smaller size strap?

I’ve not seen/heard any suggestions that there are different strap size options over here.

Yes but my martini's still dry.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

My views for what they’re worth. I absolutely love mine. That’s with a background that given the price I was trying to find reasons not to buy it.

Unlike many on this forum I’m not a watch person. Nor do I look at Bond watches as an “investment “. For many years I had a Tag Heuer chronograph. I thought it would be cool to have a Bond Omega and of them all liked the Skyfall PO LE the most and my wife tracked an unworn one from a jeweller in UK and paid a bit of a premium for it. That was 5 years ago and I fully thought It would be only one I bought.

When the NTTD 300 came out I was I a bit horrified at the price. But the more I looked at it the cooler it seemed.

I live in Aust and in a state with no Omega boutique but for covid visiting a boutique interstate wouldn’t have been an issue. So would be buying sight unseen like the PO.

As it wasn’t limited edition I’d assumed supply not an issue and that it would drop in price. That said I’d looked on Chrono24 and saw that price not dropping.

I contacted Melbourne boutique I’d dealt with then manager who’d been really helpful verifying serial numbers when looking for the PO. All I’d bought was a Spectre NATO strap which I haven’t worn.

I was told that numbers very limited and that only a few would come to Aust and most would be preordered.They didn’t want to go into details about numbers but said a consignment was less than a handful.

So I prepaid for one and have to say experience fantastic the watch arrived along with the Omega NTTD magazine.

Hard to describe but just a beautiful watch , unique, fantastic colour.The titanium means it’s really light ( big difference to the PO) the band looks and feels great. Admittedly I don’t own other watches for comparison but one of my mates collects watches ( tags, bretilings, grand seiko etc) and none looked as good.

I’ve now bought the NATO strap but there’ll be a wait on it arriving.So in summary a beautiful watch.

Anthony
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

I’m surprised and not surprised by the popularity of the NTTD watch.

Like all Bond watches I knew this one would be In high demand when the movie came out, especially since it manages to feel both vintage and fresh, which is a feat. And in terms of price, certain segments of the watch market has seen huge surges in recent years. I doubt the Rolex bubble will ever burst.

What surprises me is that NTTD hasn’t felt especially buzzy. So far it doesn’t seem to have a massive cultural footprint the way Skyfall did (I’m thinking of how that film influenced fashion). Which suggests Omega has found a consumer base for the NTTD watch outside the Bond fanship. People who could buy a new Rolex, if they wait, or certainly a good secondhand one, are choosing this watch instead at the same high price point.

If Omega discontinues the design, I hope they’re confident they have another winner in the wings because it seems to me they’ll be leaving money on the table, based on the continuing demand.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

Well, all watches are "limited production" if you think about it. They don't make the classic blue wave Seamaster anymore, or the CR PO, the Skyfall AT, etc. Maybe the Moonwatch because of its legacy, but even there things shift.

That said, Omega announcing a discontinuation would be one thing; a salesman saying "I heard they're stopping next year" is something else.

I got my NTTD 300 in summer of 2020, and it definitely wasn't sitting in the store for any length of time. The boutique knew I'd been inquiring, and my wife worked with our salesperson to have one available by my birthday. I don't think I've seen another one in the store since.

One wrinkle about the aftermarket - will the v1, screen-accurate bracelet (which was updated and reinforced in later stock) fetch a higher price on the aftermarket, or be seen as a detriment? I think I've only seen images of three actual watches on which the bracelet broke, so I don't know how widespread the issue was, and therefore don't know how scarce the SA v1 bracelet is. But I do know you can't get it anymore. So I'm curious about that.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

Gentlemen, Christmas is coming. I've resisted this watch for so long and I can't afford or justify it, but you are tempting me. Please stop talking about it...!!😫

"Any of the opposition around..?"

@Asp9mm @Gymkata

Many thanks chaps. It was confirmed by the Omega boutique that it's available in a smaller size. I too think there is "too much strap" for my wrist as well and also don't understand why they don't highlight the size options.

@HalfMonk HalfHitman that was my thought. I've now been told there's "literally 4 left in the company". 🤨

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

I first found out about the multiple sizes from this account:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRhnHf7Lirp/

Thanks!

edited December 2021

And it’s official. Omega will be releasing a stainless steel version of the NTTD bracelet in 19 - 20 - 21 - 22mm and retail at around €695. It will also come in different lengths.

https://youtu.be/CId6L6rPtdc

• Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent

wow does the stainless and the titanium look the same ? @Asp9mm - im sure it will be heavier than the titanium but in terms of looks ?

Yes i did ride the CAT

I haven’t seen it yet in person. Just the pictures. Not sure when it will be officially released. Stainless will be a bit brighter and heavier for sure. I may get one for my 2254 and vintage SMP.

For the watch owners who swapped for a shorter strap, was it a much better fit?

I’ve seen comments in some Omega forums that whilst the shorter length of the smaller strap is better, it’s actually the deployment clasp which is making it either uncomfortable for those with narrower wrists or still an ill-fitting strap which doesn’t sit flush on the wrist and leaves a gap.

Any one have experience of this?

I’ve not had a problem with it, and don’t know anyone else who has either.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

When speaking to the sales consultant about the bracelet breaking he'd said it was the first he'd heard of it, that if it did happen it would be covered by brand warranty and in order to break it "it would be quite a challenge given it's grade 2 titanium, the hardest steel used in watches".

Did he actually say that titanium is steel? 😁

Lol, yep. He also kept describing it as "abrasive".

I've lost count of the times he said "due to the high demand".🙄

• Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent

Great question by @QuantumofSolange @QuantumMember

Wouldl ove input from you guys on here that have the short strap mesh

as i plan to get one soon

the standard did fit awkwardly though, on the 3 hole it was too lose, and on the one after that it was too tight

was wondering if the small would change that (as i notice both short and standard have 5 holes anyway

Yes i did ride the CAT
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

I thought as it was on a mesh it would use a slide clasp: I like them as you can get a really perfect fit.

The small does make quite a difference. It reduces a lot of bulk at the back of the deployant and makes for a more comfortable fit on smaller wrists as it centres the clasp better too. But you really need to go and try them on. No advice however detailed is going to tell you how it will fit on you personally.